1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying domain with PR3.What is your opinion?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by amirulcyber, Nov 4, 2008.

I want buy domain name with PR3.What is your opinion?Is there probability PR of the domain will went down after i start use it?Need your help.

amirulcyber, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  2. danger9918

danger9918 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does it have any backlinks? For how long was the last site down? How is the history of the domain? What type of site was hosted on it? Is the domain something like funefe-f2893fn.info?

More importantly.

What benefits does a PR3 domain have over a PR N/A ? What are you going to use it for? How are you going to monetize the domain?

danger9918, Nov 4, 2008 IP
    Gnoc likes this.
  3. napa

napa Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean that it is a reg fee? If so you could "taste" it, check if it has traffic.
    If it is more than reg fee, the seller should provide traffic stats. Check also Google backlinks.
    PR3 is not more valuable than fresh reg if it has no traffic.

napa, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  4. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    If the domain have PR3 ther is no use. Some time will not get any traffic. I have 1 domain regarding security SW. PR2 but unfortunately no traffic. I have enough BL. So i dropped the domain an dm working on new domain

rena, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. kattie

kattie Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is not important so much....Age of the domain is important and also check if your domain is keyword rich or not.
    After buying domain may be there is a chances that you will loose your PR.

kattie, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  6. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check whether it has google’s cache and the PR are genuine?

bobchrist, Nov 5, 2008 IP
    Gnoc likes this.
  7. Gnoc

Gnoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Though I'm newbie at DP but I have a good background regarding old domain analysis .. I'll suggest you some good steps before buying and using old PR domains .

1 - Always check whether the PR is genuine or not , you can check this on lots of tools like checkpageranking dot net or lots of other .

Check google info for that domain (info:www dot yoursite dot com) - check indexed pages (site:www dot yoursite dot com) - check for BL (Link : www yoursite dot com) .

2 - After that check whether the domain is dropped or not , some people have confusion in checking this but I know one simple method , just go to google dot com and search your domain in this format yoursite . com (don't include spaces and www. while searching) , this will show you some search results with sites like justdropped or others .. if it's there then it's for sure that it's a dropped domain . for verifying you can check the domain previous records at archive dot org .

3 - Yes , old domains are good and if it's having some PR then I think it's really good , It depend on the condition that when your PR get's down . If you are using the same niche as the domain had previously then I don't think there will be a PR loss . I have one domain which I bought from TDNAM and it was PR4 , I started one education blog on it and after next Google update I got PR4 even I didn't had a single BL pointing to my blog . So, no one can gurantee you that you will have a stable PR after buying an expired domain . I have lots of domain which got down PR even they have plenty of PR BL but in most of the cases your site will not go down PR if it's having good amount of BL .

Hope this will help a lot !

Regards,
    Gnoc

Gnoc, Nov 5, 2008 IP
    fear and Pathan like this.
  8. da_angeles

da_angeles Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to gain access to (if he/she has) the Google Analytics. They should be able to create a .. "guest" account so the stats can be seen by you, live!. Images can be Photoshop'd very easily to show inaccurate numbers. ~ speaking from a bad experience here.

Good luck with the whole buying scenario.

da_angeles, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  9. rian14853

rian14853 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think u must be select to look about pagerank domain history, link popularity, age of domain, how much pages has index by google or another search engine

rian14853, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  10. JesterJoker

JesterJoker Peon

Best Answers:
    check validrank.com for the rank and see the stats..

and if related to sites you want to link to is better.

JesterJoker, Nov 5, 2008 IP