1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you find Blog Contest Sponsors?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by allout, Nov 2, 2008.

I am planning to run a blog contest to promote my one year anniversary of one of blogs. This will be my first blog contest.

My question is, what is the best way to find good contest sponsors?

Thanks for any answers or suggestions! :)

allout, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. AutoGlobalZOne

AutoGlobalZOne Member

Best Answers:
    Sound interesting..whats the contest is about ? :)

AutoGlobalZOne, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  3. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As stated, it is a celebration of my blog's first year anniversary. Right now it is the planning stage but I am trying to figure out the best way to get sponsors.

allout, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  4. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to find blog sponsors is to email a group of your fellow bloggers. I believe in 1 year of blogging, you would have establish friendship with a few others. It would be easier to ask them for sponsors first before approaching other blogs or even companies.

In your email to find sponsors, you should include a portion on what you can give them if they sponsor you. It could be in terms of exposure, traffic, sales etc. You need to sell your blog to the sponsors and give them as much value as possible. Showcase the best of your blog to the sponsors.

I once had problems finding sponsors too and what I did was giving them a free trial period or discounted price of placing their ads on my blog. This would give them a better picture as too what my blog could offer them. Try to find smaller sponsors first if your blog isn't very established. All the best in this.

You could probably get some help in DP too since most of the members here have a website. I believe there are potential sponsors in here as well. Give a short description on what your contest is all about here and include on how the contest is to be run.

amosgoh, Nov 2, 2008 IP
    allout likes this.
  5. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post about it on your blog. Announce it on forums.

I want to be your sponsor. Please visit one of my blog an d comment on it say htat you want me to sponsor your contest so that I would know that you are willing to let me be a sponsor to your blog contest.

Chancey, Nov 2, 2008 IP
    allout likes this.
  6. DanLar75

DanLar75 Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me if you want a sponsor. I run a 'make money online/seo' blog.

DanLar75, Nov 3, 2008 IP
    allout likes this.
  7. www.affiliatewebinar.net

www.affiliatewebinar.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you could just go and email some sites and make a pitch? But, opening a thread here on DP also seems to have done the trick :) Well done.

allout likes this.
  8. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responds. I just started a post to announce that I am looking for sponsors.

The exact set up of the contest is not finalized because it will depend on the amount of prizes offered. I would appreciate any other advice that is offered by experienced blog contest holders.

allout, Nov 3, 2008 IP