1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone promoted a Silverlight website in Google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JoeBu, Nov 2, 2008.

I'm wondering how well the Silverlight technologies are being indexed by Google, and if the added flexibility of using WPF/E will be worth a possible decrease in SE ranking.

I'm in the planning phases of a new website, and any feedback that could be shared on the topic of Silverlight and search engines would be much appreciated.

JoeBu, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. kraftzy

kraftzy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been posting Silverlight tutorials regularly on my blog and all have been indexed by Google ... but no I have not made much of Silverlight contents on my blog except what is required for the tutorials ... so still have no idea how the pure SL items are indexed.... but if u r talking about contents related to SL like tutorials and other ... they are being indexed just like normal items

kraftzy, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  3. iLine.us

iLine.us Banned

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think they are so unreasonable as to penalize content about Silverlight. You have nothing to worry about. :)

iLine.us, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  4. kraftzy

kraftzy Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^Exactly! Silverlight (If I see from a programmer's view) is a great technology )and frankly I have already started to like it more than Flash) ..but whatever it is ... I don't think Google is gonna punish u for using a new MS product ....

kraftzy, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  5. abook

abook Peon

Best Answers:
    i am also curious about silverlight tutorials, but still wonder appreciated by google

abook, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  6. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will start some tests later on today and will get back to you once indexed by G ;)

IEmailer.com, Nov 3, 2008 IP