1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which way is better ? Pls advice ...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 28081981, Oct 27, 2008.

I am currently writing content for a Website which would focus on Health Tips, mainly related to Natural Therapy. I plan to write about 100 pages of unique content, and then update it regularly.

What I want to know is that : should I first complete all 100 pages, and load them at one go, and then start its SEO, or I should add pages at regualar intervel, and start with promotion straight away.

For example, for a 100 page website --> would you advice me to start with 25-30 pages and then keep adding 10 pages per week, or I should do all 100 pages at one go, and then keep updating a page or two per week, and majorly concetrate on SEO thereafter ? Or may be there is a better way than these two .. :confused:

PS : This website will have more of a bloggish look (it can even be a blog with a 'website look' :D) , i.e., rich text, and hardly any graphics.

28081981, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  2. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always heard that you shouldn't make a site live if it's going to have "coming soon" pages or "under construction" pages on it; but then again, I'm no SEO guru by any means...

I'm looking forward to some answers from other people as well...

tarponkeith, Oct 27, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the pages will be related to Natural Therapy (there wont be any "coming soon" or "under construction" type of pages ) , but what I want to know is that, should i add most of the content at one go, or i rather keep adding them at regular intervals, which one is better @ SEO

4. skylarknetworks

skylarknetworks Member

Best Answers:
    Since your site is a tips site, that approach would work well. Visitors would keep checking back to see new articles (if the articles they've already seen are good).

Plus, if you allow for feedback and analysis, you'll have the opportunity to revise unreleased articles as you go.

skylarknetworks, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  5. 28081981

28081981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what about the SEO part ? If we see it with SEO's perspective, then which one out of the two would be better ?

Pls advise :p

6. skylarknetworks

skylarknetworks Member

Best Answers:
    SEO angle:

The addition of new content and the revision of old content makes the site "dynamic" and search engine attractive.

skylarknetworks, Oct 27, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  7. nhangen

nhangen Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done a bit of both and found that if you have at least 10-20 pages up first, then your site is much more likely to do well. I'm currently split testing 2 sites using this process (to gain clarification) and although my site with very few articles is getting lots of hits, they are not very sticky.

nhangen, Oct 28, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  8. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Upload 20 webpage first.
    Do some SEO.
    After a couple of weeks start growing the website by adding a page every few days.
    Then start promoting it more

That way looks more natural.

adigital, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  9. Nicholas Yong

Nicholas Yong Peon

Best Answers:
    Adigital and nhangen have the right idea with just a few tweaks. Those 20 pages should be SEO ready (keywords, niche specific etc). If your site is just a site - add a blog. Keyword - niche specific also. Let's say you do this on a Monday - On Sunday (the beginning of the new week) add an article to the site and add a new blog entry. Keep doing this once a week for both.

As long as the content is not so much re-hashed and fairly original - you'll get things going. Remember this is an 'over-time' result - not a huge 'one-time- result.

Best of Success,
    Nicholas

Nicholas Yong, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    28081981 likes this.
  10. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Just from a natural healer myself having a constantly updated site with new information would make me bookmark it and come back if it was good. So getting all them at once would not be the best move it just seems like too much to handle at once.

But really the key is making sure all the 100 pages are any good if they suck it doesn't matter

ErikJ, Nov 2, 2008 IP