1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding Supplemental Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vickyseo, Oct 31, 2008.

Hi All,
    Very good morning to all of view, i want know about Supplemental pages how many pages in my whole web sites are supplemental page so if you know any tools for justify supplemental result please suggest me.

Thanks!

vickyseo, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. seodilip

seodilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    where do you find Supplemental pages? as i know the "Supplemental pages" is removed from Google results before a long time.

seodilip, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  3. brooke

brooke Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes its correct that "Supplemental Pages" are those pages that are not crawled from long time of period and this is the only reason why Google removed from Google results.

brooke, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  4. Kneoteric_eSolutions

Kneoteric_eSolutions Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not aware of any tool that would give you that information, however there may be a way of doing it. From a particular page if you pull a few words at the end of a sentence and the few words at the beginning of the following sentence, put them in quotes and run a Google search. It very unlikely that any other website would have the same words, in the same sequence, two halves from two different sentences.

Now you page therefore should be at the top. Some of main reasons why a page would be put in supplemental index are (borrowed from Jim Boykins):

1. Duplicate Content - take someone elses content, get sent to Google Hell (Supplemental Results)
    2. No Content - create pages with no content (remember the days of directories that would create 1 million pages with only 100 listing?) - empty pages get sent to Google Hell.
    3. Orphaned web pages. Pages that no one links to, including yourself.

Now as far as I have seen, supplemental index is no longer available in main search. Might appear for searches where there is not enough listing in main index. Debatable!

Kneoteric_eSolutions, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    jitendraag likes this.