1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost my Google rankings @ Shared server

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by scubita, Oct 29, 2008.

Hi guys,

Just lost all my top rankings at Google. All my sites are now at page 5, results 41 - 50. I bet this was a penalty and i decided to ask my webhost if something weird happened.

The answer: there was a spammer at my shared server.

The result: all my top rankings gone away, work of 3 years plus is gone. So my question is this: should i move those sites into a dedicated IP or should i move them to a dedicated server to get those search engine results back up?

scubita, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  2. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    You are not banned, aren't you?
    IP do not improve your SEO. Maybe algorithm has changed and your competitors not sleeping

SiberForum, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your lost ranking. I don't think IP address matters all that much. SEs know that multiple websites reside on each IP address nowadays.

jitendraag, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the spammer at shared server isn't the cause, but this really seems a penalty. All sites are now at page 5. Different keywords, different sites etc etc all of them at page 5.

And let me tell you, we didn't made any changes to those sites and the top 20 results stay pretty much the same: no news sites in there. Just my Top #1 sites are gone.

scubita, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  5. vickyseo

vickyseo Banned

Best Answers:
    i think you need more off page work on your site for better ranking....i also seen some of my keywords ranking down this week.....

vickyseo, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  6. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    These sites are authority sites for their keywords (was till yesterday) and lots of link come naturally - people link to them because they are really useful sites - besides we are always developing some new links campaigns in related and strong sites. I do not believe offpage optimization is the problem here.

scubita, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  7. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that your problem from spammer on shared server. If there is spammer on the server your site will be affected like slow and kill some page change some content etc..
    For SERP problem from other reason, google recently changed their antilogarithm I think. Many site which have > PR 5 not become PR2 3 etc. you can see many forums its PR reduces. So better y has to change yours SEO method.

rena, Oct 29, 2008 IP
    scubita likes this.
  8. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with rena, there might be another reason like you might have lost a lot of your backlinks, or your backlinks might have been devalued overtime or google might have changed their algorithm, ranking won't remain same, always remember web is a competitive place like other place you should always continue with your regular SEO work with deep analysis to compete with others.

bobchrist, Oct 29, 2008 IP
    scubita likes this.
  9. dealnshop

dealnshop Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about this, i think lot of your backlinks might have expired at once.

dealnshop, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  10. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you just recieved a 30 Position filter from Google. And that might be caused by crosslinking between your sites. (SubNet Crosslinking Penalty).

Also, if you have Webmaster Tools setup, see if you just lost a bunch of links.

And see if you have done something with the sites that a competitor would rat you out to Google for. It is becoming a trend.

Are you having server response time issues? Server down? Etc. If not, it's not the hosting. This is a page 1 drop to page 4, not SERP 9 to SERP 22.

It should be something done in the last 3 weeks and something with the linking.

catanich, Oct 29, 2008 IP
    scubita likes this.
  11. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    No crosslink in sites, just a deeplink or two and just using intext links- not footer, sidewide...

Any eample? Anyway, did nothing. Just new unique content.

Let me add that i see strange results at #1, #3, #5 etc for all the keywords. It's not usual to see "yellow pages rank #1 for search term "holidays in ..." < and this is just an example.

Maybe this is a mix of penalty + datacenter issues.

Edit:

Just checked one of the sites and there was inside linking in it. I did this many weeks ago and forget about it completely.

I create intext links using "keyword" from one page to anothers + to index.

Maybe this is the cause of penalty to this domain. Not sure about the others.

scubita, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  12. kranthi

kranthi Banned

Best Answers:
    as per my knowledge, shared server doesn't matter in rankings. may be google changed it's algorithm recently..

kranthi, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  13. hiretraffic

hiretraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    For increase SERP.. just do link building,.. submit your site in more directories,.

& do some onpage and offpage optimization for your website.

hiretraffic, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  14. abook

abook Peon

Best Answers:
    do some offpage and onpage seo with well focus keywods

abook, Oct 30, 2008 IP