1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How's adwords converting for you?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by dhruv, Jun 3, 2006.

I've just started using adwords for actually selling a product (earlier I was using it just to get traffic). It isn't converting too well for me. Hardly any of the people who reach my site through adwords buy anything. Am I losing out because of click fraud or is it normal to have conversions of X% (X<5)?

dhruv, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5% is a good conversion ratio for sales - not all clickers that visit your site will buy your product ok?

your first step now is to calculate your max bid: how much you earn per sale?

lets say that you earn a mean value of $20 per sale (already discounted all your your costs).

So you decide to share 50%-50% with Google in beginning: this gives you $10 per sale - so your max PPC is:

$10 x 5% = $0.50

If in your case the PPC result is too low you can change the share 50-50 to a bigger share to Googe in beginning.

Now you need to research to increase X% and increase your CTR% to bring you more profit.

Micromag, Jun 3, 2006 IP
    dhruv likes this.
  3. IMGster

IMGster Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to understand, google adwords has a very low buying percentage

1.5%

IMGster, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  4. dhruv

dhruv Peon

Best Answers:
    1.5% is quite low. If 1.5% is the norm, then I've been quite lucky getting a higher conversion rate than that.

dhruv, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  5. Big_Rob

Big_Rob Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that the covertion ratios increased heaps when I advertised only on google's search only, rather than through publishers

Big_Rob, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  6. dhruv

dhruv Peon

Best Answers:
    Because of click fraud? Or because you feel visitors are better targetted in search engines?

dhruv, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  7. Vewgle

Vewgle Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont fell bad I get .2%

Vewgle, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  8. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search Engine is the top targetting way to get a converting visitor.

Micromag, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  9. foreman

foreman Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that price of the product is also very important. Naturally you can't convert every other visitor to buy $1000 product, but for $9.90 product it is possible.

Also you need to look carefully your ads. Do they attract tire kickers a lot or are you offering freebie and everybody just downloads and then go away. If your ad is vague, it might attract people but they have wrong expections about what you are offering and when they realize the truth they will click back button.

So main thing to do to improve your convertion ratio is to carefully test different ads and improve your sales copy. With good enough sales copy you can suck in even those who came with wrong expectations.

foreman, Jun 5, 2006 IP