1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's wrong with this site??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by theresaseo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Home

<title>Open Beauty | Intensive Beauty Therapy Courses </title>

http://www.beauty-learning.com/courses/anatomy_and_physiology/

<title>Open Beauty | Intensive Anatomy & Physiology Training Courses | VTCT Course</title>

http://www.beauty-learning.com/content/how_to_qualify.asp

<title>Open Beauty | How To Qualify | NVQ Beauty Therapy Courses</title>

All of your title tags begin the same. Since the primary term for rankings is the first keyword term in the title tag you are telling Google all pages have the same information basically.

No I mean that Google will only count the links it finds are of value. So often times there will be a different count between all engines.

Additionally Google will never reveal all of the links it scores as to do so would leave them open to reverse engineering to obtain upper results rankings.

Lastly if you are trying to rank on .cu.uk and sell to UK residents, then your TLD should be .co.uk

UK residents will buy from a .co.uk typically... before buying from .com (British loyalty issues come into play :) )

:)

Sem-Advance, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  2. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the time being
    Optimize only ur title tags as per what i have mentioned.

Always do smart work and check the results, of course its necessary to optimize other links which would be better but if u can't wait and don't have time then u can at least optimize the 1st page (title)and get results.
    Also optimize a bit in ur content and get the results in a week.

Use the title tags that i have mentioned and u will get results.

google lover :)

RULE, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just ran through a backlink check for your site and it seems that all the links are the one related to your niche. So that doesn't pose a problem in the first place. Maybe you should increase more by working towards having links coming from beauty therapy or health forums. That should help a little but I would focus on contents which are more important. All the best.

lycos, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  4. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest the following:
    1. WTF?! You're still using the FONT element in 2008!! And in an XHTML tansitional document!! Go validate the source code of every webpage using the W3C markup validation service.
    2. Update your robots.txt file with data from your website (instead of those from that London beauty school). If you need any help, ask your questions in the robots.txt forum here on DP.
    3. Update your XML sitemap, using your website as the URL (instead of that London beauty school), set the modification frequency to monthly, set the last modification date to the current date (instead of that date in 2007) and give every page a proper priority (with only the homepage a priority of 1.0). If you need any help, ask your questions in the XML sitemap forum here on DP.
    4. Add a meta robots tag to every webpage.
    5. Hyperlink the logo on all the webpages with rel="start" for the hyperlink element and alt="Intensive beauty therapy courses" for the image element, and nofollow the link to the homepage in the navigation menu.
    6. The page about the courses may be competing very well with the homepage for the phrase "beauty courses", because of the use of this text in the image alternate attribute in the navigation menu. Is that really what you want?
    7. Since your website is clearly targeting a UK audience, I'd redirect the .com to the .co.uk (instead of the opposite) and use the .co.uk domain as your main domain.
    8. I ran SEO Elite on your website to analyse the backlink profile of it. Read the report on your thread about unrelated links. I also suggest to get more backlinks from relevant websites and pay more attention to the social-bookmarking (instead of simply submitting them to those websites).
    Good luck!

LawnchairLarry, Oct 27, 2008 IP
    theresaseo likes this.
  5. theresaseo

theresaseo Active Member

Best Answers:

You are a genius, thanks so much for your help - deserved rep added.

Theresa x

theresaseo, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  6. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you have to love DP. This lady got $10,000 worth of advice for free. If she went to some SEO company they could of never told her everything stated here. You go through 100 threads here and 99 are BS. But its worth reading them all to find one like this one. Thanks to everybody who contributed to it. I hope it keeps going, I learned a lot! Don't stop posting you SEO experts, PLEASE! Help her more so I can learn more. Thanks anyway, Bill

billaaa777, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  7. gregjenx

gregjenx Peon

Best Answers:
    t-seo I would first take a look at your hosting environment. It was loading very slowly. Also, the homepage is a little big. Twice the size it should be for fast load times.

If you want your homepage to be the page for "beauty therapy courses" then you need to make it the default page for anyone seeking an overview of courses, so drop this page entirely: http://www.beauty-learning.com/courses.asp

And instead make a text link, "beauty therapy courses" from each of your course pages back to the homepage.

Finally, on your hompage, in your center column, at the bottom, add the following: Our Beauty Therapy Courses: (list them with hyperlinks to each).

gregjenx, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  8. theresaseo

theresaseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I totally agree - Good place for learning stuff and hopefully this site will start to perform much better now. I'm here to learn, and when i'm a bit more clued up maybe I can pass my expertise on....one day, lol!!!

Thanks again...

T x

theresaseo, Oct 31, 2008 IP