1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I Start my own Advertising company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Algore, Oct 24, 2008.

How can I Start my own Advertising company

Companies like Adbrite / CPx interactive and so on

Is 700 to 1000$ enough to start with

What skills and man power i require ..

Please provide the full details

Algore, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  2. MoneyBoyJayJJ

MoneyBoyJayJJ Banned

Best Answers:
    Well theres a script out there thats kind alike AdBrite you could get that. Also it will require ALOT of work. You half to know what you're doing first.

MoneyBoyJayJJ, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  3. starz

starz Peon

Best Answers:
    its not difficult to start a company like that .. but very tough to market it. it will require a lot of money for marketing !

starz, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  4. kéké

kéké Peon

Best Answers:
    Or a lot of good friends ...

kéké, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  5. Algore

Algore Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont want to make a clone or copy any website ..

How much is 1000$ initial enough ... right now i am not thinking of making something like google ..
    Gradually as say passes my budgets, motivation and dedication towards it will also grow

BTW its the people who build a company without people even Microsoft / Google is zero

;) ;)

Hope all of you help me someway or the other ... may be starting from the scratch

Algore, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  6. domitri

domitri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post! I was asking myself the same question a week ago.

domitri, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  7. Bourne Ultimatist

Bourne Ultimatist Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll need five figures minimum to get accepted and for people to trust you as an ad or affiliate network, probably a lot more than that.

If you want to start something like a freebies / offers site though, you could get by on $1,000 startup capital.

Bourne Ultimatist, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  8. Algore

Algore Peon

Best Answers:
    Say suppose if i spend 10K USD .. tell me what are the procedure to make a company like adbrite (i hope its 2nd best after adsense )

Algore, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. ShaunJ

ShaunJ Peon

Best Answers:
    you could try http://www.inclick.net/ and see how it goes, now adays it might be best if you try to have a advertising niche

ShaunJ, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  10. domitri

domitri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great link ShaunJ

domitri, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  11. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think understanding of a business is most important before starting anything. more you know the business more are the chances to be succesful.

imi_99, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  12. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So what exactly do you know about the business of ad networks? You can't know much if you don't even know where to start. So how much conviction could you POSSIBLY have to do this when you know nothing about it?

When you hit your first road bump you will shut down your business. That's a guarantee.

Icheb, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  13. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should always think twice and always write a business plan which must contain every single detail, even your company goals and stuff like that. It is really difficult as I believe the market is saturated (unless you have a big starting capital and you offer like $25 for every referral to gain as many members as possible) so I dont believe you will be able to start something good with $1k. Im sure you will just lose money and time if you try . . .

Thanks

Olgi

0lgi, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  14. Algore

Algore Peon

Best Answers:
    Where from do you think i should get started

Algore, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  15. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you conveniently ignored my post. That's ok. I give you one month before you shut this company down again, if you even start at all. :)

Icheb, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  16. Algore

Algore Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much but yes i know some of the tactics of dealing with good and tough situations . Anyways all ideas are welcome

Algore, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  17. Civin

Civin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First as mentioned above you would need a solid business plan. There are a lot of things you would need to factor on getting this going. The top 3 (in my opinion.. and there are many others these are just the hardest entry level barriers to overcome) that you would need to address are:

1) How to attract companies to use you to advertise. (Why would they go with you over an established network when you have no where to officially advertise as of yet and no other company using you to advertise? Do you have sites already that they would WANT to advertise on? Do you have 100's-1000's of sites that aren't as effective but would show off their product/service? Why exactly are they going to pay you money to advertise with them? You need a hook to sell them. etc)

2) How to attract anyone to go with you to advertise on their site. (You would need some reason for people to use your site over other advertising agencies? Whats the hook for those with content out there? Are you easier to setup? To you have more publishers for their niche? Do you have lower payout minimums than the competitors? etc)

3) Having software on dedicated servers to be able to easily add new sites/ads to your network as well as taking care of payments from and to #1/#2. (Do you have servers that can handle the load of publishing these ads to sites that are signed up? Do you have easy account handling for both those who want to advertise and those doing the advertising? What is your quality assurance to make sure that not just anyone can sign up and the ads go best to the sites that will sell them the best? Is your site based on affiliate sales or pay per click? If pay per click what security measures do you have in place to make sure you and those who want to advertise their products aren't being scammed? Do you have a way to take in and pay out money in an easy fashion for both ends of the deal?)

As you can see each of what I view of as the top 3 have a 'bit' to take into consideration just to be able to answer those questions and I know for a fact that I have not addressed all of the issues that make up these 3 problems.

This is not something you'd want to go into blindly or overnight. There are a LOT of factors to take into consideration, a lot of groundwork to be laid, and all of that can be for naught if you can't attract anyone to use your service. For a successful service unless you are a programming guru with a lot of friends who are going into this with you $1,000 wouldn't legitimately cut it and even $10,000 would 'probably' be light for making a large advertising network. If you went with a smaller network based off of specific niche and used software that was already in place that you purchased and customized you might be able to pull it off on a smaller budget but it wouldn't be able to compete with the sites that you had mentioned.

My 2 cents at least ;)

Civin, Oct 25, 2008 IP
    0lgi likes this.
  18. bangas

bangas Guest

Best Answers:
    You need a good domain name first!

bangas, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  19. MelogKnaj

MelogKnaj Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have to ask how to start an advertising company, you probably aren't prepared to start one.

MelogKnaj, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  20. Algore

Algore Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes thx for all questions i will prepare accordingly

Yes bro i am mentally prepared ... just need some initial inertia to start with ..

Algore, Oct 25, 2008 IP