1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

recommendation required for top dedicated server company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by forumrating, Jun 2, 2006.

im looking for recommendations for top companies for server & hosting
    should be trusted and reputed

forumrating, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  2. ImVickieB

ImVickieB Berserker

Best Answers:
    We use RackSpace for one of our dedicated servers. They are expensive comparitively speaking, but they are work it in my opinion.

ImVickieB, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    RackSpace is very good.

We are currently using 800hosting. They are about 1/2 the price of rackspace and we haven't had any problems with them at all.

jestep, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. certel

certel Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been with The Planet for 2 years now and I haven't had 1 complaint. They respond to issues quickly and my server is never down.

certel, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  5. ImVickieB

ImVickieB Berserker

Best Answers:
    I also have a server on the Planet and have had a few little problems. If you are looking for hand holding where customer service is concerned go with Rackspace. If you know how a server works and what to do if things go wrong, The Planet is a good economical choice.

ImVickieB, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  6. matt-

matt- Peon

Best Answers:
    We had Rackspace where I used to work and they're brilliant, but it might be overkill if you're not worried about guaranteed 100% network uptime, as they do charge a bit of a premium for that. I have a root server with 1&1, which is working out very well for me so far, cheap too :)

matt-, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  7. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ill check out for rack space , 1& 1 and theplanet
    any more options ?

8. matt-

matt- Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres fasthosts but I don't have any experience with them, probably worth a look still.

matt-, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  9. JSellnau_TSCC

JSellnau_TSCC Peon

Best Answers:
    JSellnau_TSCC, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  10. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    liquidweb seems reasonable fair price
    i checked rackspace, any idea about pricing, i guess ill have to email them to request prices, couldnt find anywhere on their website.

i want very low downtime, coz looking to start off with businessforum full swing, and for sure business minded people wont visit my website if its down often.

11. woodside

woodside Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a dedicated server with Server Beach for over a year, no issues at all.

www.serverbeach.com

woodside, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  12. plarkin

plarkin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 12 servers with The Planet and have had them for a couple years now. The service and support there have been excellent and I've rarely had a problem. I would highly recommend them.

I also have two servers at ServerBeach, but I've only had them there a couple months so I couldn't really give an honest perspective on their service overall. But so far, so good.

plarkin, Jun 2, 2006 IP
    SERPalert likes this.
  13. rickvidallon

rickvidallon Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an article I published in regards to finding and choosing your ISP.

How to Find a Great Web Hosting Company

There are thousands of Web hosting companies that claim to be the best deal on the Net or the cheapest deal for the money. So how are you supposed to know what ISP (Internet Service Provider) to host with?
    Support Issues

Recently I dealt with three very big, well known hosting companies who hosted (past tense), my clients' Web sites. I put the question to them, "How do I tweak a CGI-Bin Perl script to point to a custom confirmation page?" They stated, we don’t provide script support. I asked another company, "Do you support ASP upload scripts?" They replied, "Our windows servers are physically in San Francisco and the technician who supports these servers does not work weekends."

I made another request to a hosting company to resolve a domain pointer issue. They said, "We will create a support ticket and have someone get back to you."

I work 24/ 7 to get the job done because my clients expect me to resolve Web site problems in a fast, expedient fashion. You should expect no less from a Web site hosting provider.

Bells and Whistles

Hosting companies sometimes offer add-ons or additional services as part of their hosting plan. If you're a Web novice when it comes to technical aspects, you may have no idea what these add-ons are all about, much less how to take advantage of them. Some helpful add-ons to look for when shopping for hosting include:

* Automated form-mail creator – Creates a contact form on your Web site.

* Blogs by Word Press or Mambo – A template-based system where people can post their rants, raves and feedback.

* Web Statistics – Real time feedback on a variety of statistics issues such as: number of visitors, search engine data, keywords, key word phrases, Web site hits, Web site visitors and much more.

* Web Mail – Access to your email via a Web browser.

* Bulletin Board – A controlled forum where your Web site visitors can post feedback and respond to each other’s posts.

* Google Site map generator – A relatively new way of generating an XML code whereby providing the Google search engine a way to find and record all your Web pages within your site.

* Web Template Creator – An automated way of creating a basic Web site.

Recommendation

Since 2000 I have referred and recommended a hosting company based in Delaware called HostMySite.com. I do not resell their services, although they have a reseller program. I recommend them because they are the best. They make it easier for me to do my job and they provide my Web site clientele a powerful base on which to grow their online presence.

They also have great bandwidth for speed and 24/7 knowledgeable support people who go the extra mile when it comes to resolving technical issues.

I have dealt with 30 or more local and national ISP's across the U.S. and Canada and no one comes close to their level of support, expertise and service. Mention my company "Visionefx," and ask them to waive the $19.95 setup fee. Their hosting packages are surprisingly low and extremely competitive.

Whether you have a $150,000 monster Website running Java and Oracle, or a $300 site with Front Page extensions, choose a good ISP. It’s well worth it.

Happy hosting

rickvidallon, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  14. calande

calande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    liquidweb.com or hostgator.com

calande, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  15. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm buying with theplanet in 2 weeks

rewlie, Jun 3, 2006 IP