1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

302 and rel=nofollow

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sarathy, Jun 2, 2006.

One site that i give xml feeds , uses a 302 redirects to my links., But it also uses
    rel=nofollow in the links?.

They say that i wont have any negative effect because of this 302 redirect since they use rel=nofollow.,
    Is this true?.

To my knowledge rel=nofollow just says the user agents not to assign any additional weight or ranking to the destination page .,

Regards.,
    Sarathy.s

sarathy, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct. It will be followed, and the useragent should not assign additional weight. See http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-nofollow.
    The 302 redirect can be harmful even in this situation, since Google and other robots may see the link as your page, instead of seeing your url and content properly. There is more information on the 302 redirect hijacking bug and what you can do to prevent the problem.

I found one about a week ago, and Matt Cutts has said it would always be around in some capacity.

Tell them cut the 302, or no feed.

NetMidWest, Jun 2, 2006 IP
    sarathy likes this.