1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conduit Method / marketing questions

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alfer, Oct 22, 2008.

Ok, I bought and read Chris Rempel's Conduit Method e-books and have thrown up two conduit sites with product reviews using wordpress templates. I have various questions, but if you can only answer one or something that would still be greatly appreciated!

1) In the video, Chris does searches for stuff like "product name reviews" with quotes in Google to see how much competition there is. I understand this part, but how does that help find competition to product pages when the word "reviews" is not used in the template, and he says to not use review in the domain name?

2) Do you guys think a conduit site about digital cameras is a good niche? I'm using product reports on cameras that are $150 to $500 and give a 4% commission through commission junction.

3) What sort of keywords do I want to use in my articles? If my product is "digital camera 1" and I am writing an article about it, do I use "digital camera 1 report" or "digital camera 1 review"? I guess it's confusing because he stressed that the site shouldn't be associated with reviews, but reports rather, yet there doesn't seem to be a search demand for "digital camera 1 reports"

4) would it be a bad idea to register a few domains and upload different versions of the site with different keywords/modified text to prevent duplicate content deindexing? Like one version is heavy on "reviews" one is heavy on "reports" and one is heavy on "complaints & comments"

5) his template doesn't have meta keywords/desc. Any suggestions? If I get keywords for articles in response to #4, would it be the same thing basically?

Thanks for any/all feedback/comments/suggestions!

Also, if anyone is good at this type of marketing and would like to mentor me for a while and answer my questions, I'd really appreciate that, and could offer one way links/programming to benefit the mentor.

Alfer, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly is Conduit Method ?

getjimmy, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  3. rovshan1

rovshan1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email this thread to Chris Rempel himself.
    I think he'll be glad to reply.:D

rovshan1, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  4. Alfer

Alfer Member

Best Answers:
    Chris Rempel would break my neck for asking if a niche is a good idea instead of testing it and finding out on my own. haha.. I am testing it, and I've loaded the site, I was just asking to see if anyone else is in the niche and has commentary.

The rest, well Chris charges $67 for one question answered via e-mail

Alfer, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  5. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Where he sells his ebook?

getjimmy, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  6. Alfer

Alfer Member

Best Answers:
    Intercepting people looking for product information on their way to make a purchase, giving them their information, and pointing them to the sale through your commission link.

You can get his e-book at
    Conduit Method

It's the best e-book I've bought out of dozens and dozens. I'm no expert, but if you have questions about it and use my affiliate link I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Alfer, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  7. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the Conduit Method totally rules. I have four sites up using it now and after the first three were up I was making the same money I'd make as a starting salary if I were to break down and get a "real" office job :)

I find you do have to do a few things though to juice it up, especially in super competitive niches or in situations where other affiliates have gotten there before you and set up conduit style sites already.

Alfer, let me see if I can answer your questions -

1) You need to do a deeper search on keywords that are buyer oriented, not just on "product name reviews." The reason why you're looking for "product name reviews" is to get an idea of how many sites are offering similar benefits/features pages -- although they'll be doing more of a full review probably while a conduit page is obviously set up a little differently. Remember to also look for anything related to the product name - go broader with your search to get an idea of the true competition. I like to search on "product name news" "buy product name" and "product name scam" - pretty much intuitive keyphrases which will tell you what people are saying about that product.

2) Digital cameras can sell very nicely especially if you can get your site up here in the midst of holiday buying season. There are subniches of video cams and regular cams and also accessories for the above to check into.

3) I wouldn't take Chris' advice about not using the word review in your site too strictly. If you're writing articles to submit externally to directories you definitely can get away with using 'product name review" "product name benefits" "product name features" in your content and you'll be fine. Try to avoid posting content on your OWN site though with the word review in it. Just talk about the product's features as he suggests so you'll appear objective and impartial. You want to set yourself apart from all those trashy fake review sites.

4) I wouldn't bother with registering multiple domains/names - you should get nice traffic if you just start putting together one site with at least ten pages on it to get started. Then just work at getting backlinks and traffic like you would with any site. Maybe use those multiple keyword combinations if you're submitting articles to ezinearticles.

5) You should enter simple meta keywords that are something like "Product name - consumer complaints, customer feedback, product features and benefits." Keep it generic but mention those types of words.

Hope this helps.

Dan

PS I have a website about this subject - you're welcome to check out my profile.

dangregory, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  8. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Also -

I forgot to mention that with some of the more competitive niches you might want to beef up your site with some related articles in the back of your site. I do this and it's helped me nail some great organic google rankings for my product names. With the popularity of the conduit method now, sometimes you need to outsmart your fellow affiliate marketers and be a little tricky! Add some extra content to your site if you can besides your regular conduit style pages and it can really help you grab more organic traffic.

Dan

dangregory, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  9. bwconsulting

bwconsulting Peon

Best Answers:
    bwconsulting, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  10. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would think digital cameras is a huge competitive niche. If you're just starting out, you may want to tackle something with a bit less competition for your first venture, then hit this one later.

PPC-Coach, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  11. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just create squeeze page and just headling

"Do Not Buy Camera X Until You Read This Exclusive Report On Choosing A Camera!!"

I'm not in this niche so it's a crap headline, yes it may take a little longer to get the sale...but would you rather have $100 today or $100,000 next week (I exaggerate)

Furthermore how long do camera's last? You can easily make these buyers REPEAT buyers by giving them newsletters on the latest and greatest

HelpingNewbies, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  12. howsyamama

howsyamama Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an old thread. But I've been working directly with Chris recently. I have learned a LOT. The guy is the real deal. A couple of responses to the original question. Multiple sites are fine - as long as they're not just duplicates of each other. Different content, different reviews.

howsyamama, Oct 27, 2009 IP