1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Information overload, where do I start

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by KowDot, May 29, 2006.

Hi Everyone,

I've now written my first site but where do I go from here? There is sooo much on the internet regarding marketing your site, search engine optimization etc. but where do I begin? I've done this:

1. Registered with Google, Yahoo but I believe it's going to take a while.
    2. Title and Meta tags done.

There is all this talk about having to get other sites to link to yours etc. aaarrrggghhh where do I start? How do I get people seeing my site etc.

Are there any good articles/must reads that I need to look at?

Thanks for any help,
    KowDot

KowDot, May 29, 2006 IP
  2. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When I first got into the internet business world, I visited forums and asked questions. I would suggest doing just that. Visit forums such as this one ask questions. You can also learn from reading blogs. I have a blog for those who are starting an internet business. Check the link below.

Blonde Jon, May 29, 2006 IP
  3. Hexane

Hexane Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest www.selfpromotion.com. It has a lot of relevant info and it's free. I would also go to forums related to the content of your site and join and start posting. You'll find it really uselful.

Hexane, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. KowDot

KowDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys I'll start asking questions.

It seems that the way to get people to visit your site is to have numerous other sites linking to yours which also helps search engine ranking etc. That is something I must have a think about...

KowDot, May 30, 2006 IP
  5. Cutter

Cutter Peon

Best Answers:
    #1 locate the important existing websites and traffic channels in your niche, #2 create a blog and build relationships with the key individuals at those sites. In the meantime write super high quality content and get it linked to on as many big sites as you want.

If you are expecting the whole "I make millions of dollars doing almost nothing" Rich Jerk lifestyle, forget it. If you want to see real results within 6 months to a year you need to blow your competition away. If you take the link exchange/submit and wait strategy expect to make a few dollars a day from adsense and not much else, no kidding.

Cutter, May 31, 2006 IP
  6. KowDot

KowDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply Cutter.

I've learnt so much already since joining this forum - at the very least it's created a desire to learn as much as possible by reading and reading and reading. Now all I have to do is act!

I've just launched my site and in my first week I've got a couple of hundred hits but I can't tell you what it is because it keeps getting removed from under my name lol - I guess I'm not allowed! How many posts do I need to have to get a signature with my site on? You'd think I was trying to advertise it lol!

Anyways I'm certainly not trying to make a million! 2 maybe lol! I should have charged for those pixels on my site instead of making them free damn it! It's interesting what you said regarding adsense because there is so much to be said both good and bad it's all very confusing. I'd like an opinion on my site because I'm sure something is putting people off but I can't tell you what it's called yet...

KowDot, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  7. 907Group

907Group Banned

Best Answers:
    Dude.. take it easy.. don't get yourself overloaded.. go drink a redbull or something.

I suggest you read and read about everything.. participate on forums.. ask question and questions to keep learning.

907Group, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  8. bigmack

bigmack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a lot to learn no doubt about it. You are going in the right direction considering you're reading and posting on this forum. There's a lot of talented people on here that give great advice.

bigmack, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  9. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more, good advice.

Ferrarislave, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  10. KowDot

KowDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advise from everyone here I reckon, thanks. My eyes are admittedly aching but it will be worth it since there is definitely lots of knowledgeable people here.

KowDot, Jun 2, 2006 IP