1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Updating your website often...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DaVe™, Jun 1, 2006.

When SE's look for updated content, do they look at the pages that are indexed already to see if they have been updated, or do they look for new pages?

Reason being that i've been adding content to my site now every other day, and now im wondering if it's all in vain? And i need to update each page regularly?

DaVe™, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  2. v12kid

v12kid Peon

Best Answers:
    might be unrelated but is your site php with seo friendly urls or standard html?

v12kid, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  3. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    DaVe™, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  4. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you update existing pages, the changes will get indexed at some point.

hooperman, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  5. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks but that was not the intention of my post, sorry if i worded it wrong.
    Basically i want to know if adding new pages daily, ie adding new content, counts as what an SE would say is an update to that site.

We all know that SE's like updated content, so does adding a page to my site, ie a new content item, count as updated content to the SE's?

I still don't think that came out too well either... ahahaha someone help me out, been smokin too much today :)

DaVe™, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  6. ajshroff

ajshroff Peon

Best Answers:
    If you create a new page or new content item, consider having a sitemap made and modify the sitemap everytime you create a new item and upload it to google and other places as well. This should help SEs recognize your effort sooner.

ajshroff, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  7. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, adding new pages regularly works well with most search engines. You don't have to go update every page regularly. Just make sure you update your home page once in a while (maybe once every week) and keep adding more pages also. This should do it.

rosiee007, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  8. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Updating the home page daily would be even great. I think you can do that easily with your website, since you are already adding a new page ever day, you could highlight the new page by adding some content on the home page.

Also, if you are tooo much concerned about updating pages of your site regularly, you can try syndicatingg some news or articles on your webpages. That might help.

rosiee007, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  9. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, thats brilliant, that was the answer i was looking for, if i add a new piece of content (except from just a video) i usually write an intro and put a small picture and link to it on my homepage, so thats ok.

I already do this aswell with google :)
    But where else do you submit sitemaps to ?

DaVe™, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  10. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make sure at least one of your indexed pages contains a link to the new page.
    I use several levels. New items are shown on the front page (gets them indexed the same day). I also use a google sitemap module and the new sites are automatically put into the menu structure.
    Since you are probably using a CMS this should all be done automatically.
    I rarely ever update old pages. At some point this would be too much work. You could have dynamic content on them or random items, but I think Google is smart enough to realize this.
    I would say just focus on new pages.

andre75, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  11. Java

Java Peon

Best Answers:
    Fresh content on the page you are trying to rank on is the key.

Java, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  12. 907Group

907Group Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, search engines like your contents changed regularly but no downtime on the site.. best luck

907Group, Jun 1, 2006 IP