1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's It Worth to You?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kschill, Jun 1, 2006.

I was thinking about selling my site and my skills/experience in how I generate over 40K per year with Adsense and YPN.

Many people just sell their sites for 12x earnings per month right? (I've seen 9 months too). So my question is, are people paying, say 8K upfront (signed contract of course) to learn how to make 40K? Is anyone doing this currently?

Better yet...is anyone interested? ;)

kschill, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  2. Java

Java Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about selling your site, then yes, as you point out they are often valued as a multiple of earnings. If you are talking about offering instructions/information/consulting on how to earn money online, then that is completely different. You've got a lot of competition from people offering the same type of info. Unless you've got a totally unique, undiscovered strategy, $8k upfront won't fly.

Java, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you honestly think your knowledge is worth that much, that's one thing. But all that matters is what the market will bear. I don't see the market bearing 8k at all. But... might be something to try to target larger companies with. But honestly, I've worked for a few of them, and there's no way they'd even pay it. Maybe market towards larger companies who might want to earn some revenue through their sites? You'll likely have more luck than trying to sell information like that on a forum. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  4. 907Group

907Group Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say go for it. Make it professional.. make a sales letter, documents, contracts, powerpoint presentations.. get it all down than approach people. Reason why people are not going to sign up with you because who wants to give you money when you are not prepared to sell yourself.

I'll come work for you :)

907Group, Jun 1, 2006 IP