1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get Picked up by Lifehacker, Digg, Stumble Upon, and the rest?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Daniel591992, Oct 22, 2008.

Hey,

I made a site very worthy of a link from Lifehacker and similar sites. (Well, that's what I think, lol).

The site is http://organizingyourphotos.com

How would you advise that I get it picked up by a big site? I was thinking of emailing lifehacker, but they might think that is spam. I was thinking of adding it to stumbleupon, but I'm not 100% sure how it would work or how to get longer lasting stumbleupon traffic, not just short bursts.

I don't want to pay for diggs, because I'm against gaming the system.

Any advice?

Daniel591992, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks like any of a million other MFA sites. So it isn't going to be picked up for originality.

If you want to be "picked up" people have to take the time to bookmark you.

And that is not likely to happen if you don't already have traffic.

What you need to do is sign up for an account on the services you want your articles to appear. Then you need to network and find friends on those services. And then you need to participate.

Do that and you can put together a group of people that will cross post (social bookmark) each others work. You can do it yourself too, but it's less likely to be viewed as self promotion if you are an active participant. Just sign up and plug your own stuff and your chances of success are small.

Promoting sites is WORK!

You could also search for people who will do all the social bookmarking for you for a fee - as they have already done all the above.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 22, 2008 IP
    Daniel591992 likes this.
  3. Daniel591992

Daniel591992 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comment. I was going to ask how you promote your sites, but then I realized how stupid the question would be since I clicked on them for advice. D'oh, helping people on DP can help. lol

BTW, I decided to remove the navigation ads and now just have one on the index page. Looks less spammy, IMO.

I think I'm gonna do some searching for similar content (like on blogs, youtube videos, etc..), and recommend my site.

Once again though, thanks for the advice.

Daniel591992, Oct 22, 2008 IP