1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google results in English in non-english countries

Discussion in 'Google' started by Flesch, Oct 19, 2008.

Well folks, I'm from Brazil. The google on foreign countries got 3 options:

search THE WEB;
    search in *country language* pages;
    search in *country* pages.

When you digit a query with just english words in google brazil, with the basic option THE WEB, you may have two kind of results. One of them is a total english pages top 10; the SECOND is a top 10 that have no english pages in the first 10, at least.

When the second case happens??? When you are searching for terms that are in english but are used to certain niches, like "email marketing"; the keyword "marketing" itself, and others...

MY DOUBT is, what are the variables here to show local pages, or international pages? If I create a page titled "children in the playground" but with the text wrote in portuguese, am I rank easily with the local Google??

Does anybody know anything about it???????

Flesch, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. Flesch

Flesch Peon

Best Answers:
    come on people.

nobody??

Flesch, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  3. sitey

sitey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't quite get you - but each local google has its own algorithm that varies from one SE to another.
    If you search for a certain term which is english but checkbox only "local pages", you are likely to rank high - but who the hell would search for an English term which is non-used in spanish , and checkbox for local pages only?

sitey, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  4. iMax

iMax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see that Google acts like Stalin in Soviet Union for a couple of days

iMax, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  5. seomadboy

seomadboy Banned

Best Answers:
    All the local search results depend on your settings. You can change the location, the language and the format or search easily.

seomadboy, Oct 21, 2008 IP