1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice - Adsense Stopped Converting on One Site Only

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by logodesign77, Oct 14, 2008.

Ok... I am beyond perplexed. I have several websites that display Adsense and collectively they are donig very well. One of them however stopped showing click throughs about 2 months ago. Google shows rarely more than 1 impression and maybe one click a month. This site gets about 70-100 unique visitors day and used to have about 10-15 clicks a day. Now all of a sudden nothing. I have had several people look at the site and there does not seem to be any violation. I have tried several redesigns and settling on the current one. 95% of articles are original writings. All my other Adsense sites are converting so I have not been banned. Please take a look at www.shipscaptainandcrew.com and see if you can see any problems.

Thanks...........

logodesign77, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  2. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    have you ever tried the ads on the left side instead of the right? people generally read (and scan) from left to right in most cultures and therefore would put more attention on ads if they were on the left... another thing i noticed is that you only seem to have 1 ad unit... google allows you to display 3 ads for content, 2 link units and search ,etc. maybe also the color of your links... the light blue might look cool , but maybe with a more familiar blue users will click through more often.

hope that helps

kg_lew, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using firefox and set my windows display setting to 1280 x 800. There seems to be a big gap in between the blog post and the ads unit. You might want to look into this and try to reduce the gap and locate them closer. Just my suggestion.

lycos, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  4. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    it looks ok, but yea, there seem to be a big gap between blog categoties and the ads in the middle.

u can also put another type of ads, like 5 links category like here.... i also think u manually put the ads, try google "adsense deluxe wordpress plugin" and install and try to rearrange the ads placement

hopefully, you might get some increased clicks.

nandalinnaung, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  5. mrwordsworth

mrwordsworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    at my resolution everything is ok may be ads on your site are not interesting enough for visitors to click, try using another ad network like bidvertiser to test if that increases the click:)

mrwordsworth, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  6. logodesign77

logodesign77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi... thanks for the responses. Each of you seem to be saying the same basic thing. I will take a look at rearranging the ad placement. Mrwordsworth, I will look into your suggestion about bidvertiser. Let's see how things go and I will report back............thanks again.........eric

logodesign77, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  7. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    no worries...

maybe you might love to change the theme...

nandalinnaung, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  8. shawnecstacy

shawnecstacy Peon

Best Answers:
    May be you are not getting any clicks.. If you don't get any click for a day then adsense dont show the impressions also in the quick report view mode.. To view the impressions of that day Click on the detailed report selecting your range of dates.

My suggestion : blending

Use this color profile:
    ------------------
    Title: 494949
    Text: 494949
    URL : 494949
    background : FFFFFF
    border : FFFFFF
    -----------------

OR

------------------
    Title: 494949
    Text: 575757
    URL : 575757
    background : FFFFFF
    border : FFFFFF
    -----------------

Check which looks better.

This will blend your ad with the site.. The ad will look very much similar to your right side items.. like blogroll, recent menu, archives.. etc.

shawnecstacy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  9. barrybond

barrybond Peon

Best Answers:
    Also sometimes Google just does not have any relevant ads to show on sites and leaves them blank, even if you have opted to show public service ads.

This has happened on a few of my sites so now I use AlternateURL.com to get ads when Google can't. Their system works basically the same way as Google.

Barry.

barrybond, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  10. logodesign77

logodesign77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone. Thanks for your replies and advice. I have changed the layout of the site but still no impressions or clicks. This site used to be a good converting site with a relatively high number of clicks.

According to google analytics I get an average of 70 unique visitors a day. I have submitted a site map and it was accepted in google tools and according to google tools there is no problem with content and all but 2 pages of the site have been indexed. The domain is about 6 years old and has ranked on the top 10 on google for multiple searches for at least the last 3 years.

Like is said before, one day it just stopped converting. According to google tools there are no problems with the site. So, still I am stumped.

I am going to try to contact google directly for help and see what they say. Once again I appreciate your comments. If someone sees something new please let me know.

thanks............eric

ShipsCaptainAndCrew dot com

logodesign77, Oct 23, 2008 IP