1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Return to great depression

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by leandar, Oct 15, 2008.

1. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    To the person that left me bad rep for this comment:

I am Canadian. We are not all American. In Canada, people were critical of the lack of government intervention during the great depression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_Canada#Government_reaction

niceilike, Oct 19, 2008 IP
    snowbird and guerilla like this.
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Gas in my area is down to 2.38 per gallon and if this trend continues the economy will bounce back.

homebizseo, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  3. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually much of what is being done is similar to the methods used to stabilize the economy during the great depression.

Dealing with this crisis will prove to be more difficult. With a global economy, each country actually has less control over their own destiny.

When Bush gave out $150 billion in a tax stimulus package I was/am a critic. The problem is that much of the $150 billion was spent purchasing products, most of which are made in China. For each tax stimulus dollar that was spent on a product, maybe $.30 at most benefited the USA. The other $.70 benefits the manufacturer of the product and their host country. The tax stimulus plan at best allowed some to pay down their bills while helping dock workers, truckers, and stock boys to keep the store shelves stocked. And box stores benefited from this as well. The real economic impact was given to China, who employs higher skilled workers to manufacture the products we consume.

As far as I am concerned the USA can not buy/spend its way out of this mess. That's how we got here in the first place. This economic crisis will pass, but only after the overall standard of living of Americans is reduced significantly. The same most likely applies to other countries that are heavy importers as well.

What we are seeing now is a massive transfer in wealth and economic power. China will rise, while many other countries will see their standard of living reduced and their economic power significantly diminished.

snowbird, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  4. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So, well put. I believe China will rise, aswell.:mad:

FOX LORE, Oct 19, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The low gas prices should give a boost to the economy and Republicans.

bogart, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  6. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the advantage of webmasters when investing money into stock markets. lol

justinlorder, Oct 20, 2008 IP