1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I do Press Release for my new site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by viperxx, Oct 18, 2008.

An advertising company have already contacted me and a solid 100 unique visits daily due to the domain name (no marketing), my upcoming site has very great potential.

My site (basically describes it):
    An interactive online community dedicated to cars. Our forum, garage, profile, blog, and calendar allow you to get connected with other car fanatics and learn more about the person behind the wheel.

The launch date is the first of Nov. and I was wondering will submitting a Press Release be a good investment? I've never done one and would like opinions on which on to go for. I've heard about PRWeb; are they worth it?

viperxx, Oct 18, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is completed, offers some unique content, and/or possibly has some "buzz" potential by all means do a press release. And don't skimp on the PR either. Go for maximum coverage.

There are some excellent writers here at DP as well. Check out the copywriting forum if you need someone to write a professional PR for you.

If done correctly, you will get some traffic and some solid backlinks. There is always the potential that a media company will pick up your PR and do a follow up/more detailed story. While rare, it would be nice. :)

Good luck

snowbird, Oct 18, 2008 IP
    010081, viperxx and Smyrl like this.
  3. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    I usually have good press release results. I just did one a few days ago, though, for Gadget Advisor and the results were horrible. Take that for what it is worth... It may or may not be due to the current economic climate or such.

mystikmedia, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  4. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you’re asking if doing a press release is a worse time I have to tell you you definitely need need to use that application. Press releases are a great way to get the message out nonetheless -- blogs work the same way. Putting out rich niche content about your products and services could prove to be a viral marketing aspect. you should be informed to use a press release for every website and every blog that you use so that one backs up the other and the search engines look at different articles coming from different IP addresses. best of luck :eek:

Aaron111, Oct 19, 2008 IP
    viperxx likes this.
  5. GotWebHost

GotWebHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Press releases are great, and PRWEB is the way to go. We use them all the time and pay for the additional bells and whistles. You need to know how to write one though, then optimize it. We offer that service, with plenty of examples to show. http://gotwebhost.com/press-release-services.html

GotWebHost, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  6. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Press releases writing them for niche marketing.

If you had written a press release before I have to tell you a press release is something that you need to spend a little time thinking about.
    The day date and time the press release goes out is very important. The main focus of the press of these should be the title of that press release. In other words if you're trying to advertise Nike shoes....... in the title of your press release you would write "Nike Shoe
    Stores"

This is just an example of how to write a niche press release about your products and services. Remember a press release from your web so that there is no difference between a blog post and a press release. Keep one specific topic in mind a press release can bring you more traffic into your search engine optimization webpages.

Kudos and green lights would be appreciated... best of luck on your press release campaign remember to write rich content and title of your press release.

learn how to write a press release

Free Press Releases - You Pay Nothing or pay a Minimal fee for link text in your press releases....

Think about the press release before you write it. For example Barack Obama is he leading the presidential candidacy . This is an example of a news press release. There really is no difference between a news press release and a products and service press release they only thing you need to remember is how to target your niche........

Aaron111, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  7. dt1968

dt1968 Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely do a press release, it's a great way to
    get your site out there and get good quality back
    links to your site as well.

dt1968, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  8. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, you should do a PR. You should be asking why you not do a PR. Spread the words in as many way as possible

Onera, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  9. GotWebHost

GotWebHost Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about?

GotWebHost, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  10. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Press release can get u some good traffic and also quality links,ur news may be on front page of google.

getjimmy, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  11. viperxx

viperxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I've decided to go for a press release once the site is fully up and functional.

Can anyone else recommend a good PR service besides PRWeb.com?

viperxx, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  12. 5593907

5593907 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try PRN Direct (prndirect.prnewswire.com). They have a PR of 8 on the homepage and I've had good luck using that service. You have to register, but then you can access the site. You have the option of upgrading features sort of like PRweb does.

BJ

5593907, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  13. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    alerting competition of products and service - a press release is the most optimal way of doing so...... Free Press release.com is probably one of the best places to get your free lunch campaign for your press release or press release of pre-launch campaign

Press releases to put out a campaign about your products and services if you know your domain name and you know what your niche market is going to be about. The best thing to do is put out a press release to alert people of your products and service before your website hits the scene.

I've done this before at least six months in advance is called a pre-launch.

Everyone does a prelaunch to launch their campaigns it's like Kmart and neighborhood they always run the grand opening before they open.

Remember free lunch press release is the most ethical and essential part of search engine onto my station on the web today these are the fundamentals of search engine giants are very near competition early before you hit the scene they should sit shed some light upon everyone trying to do business that way if you do decide to change a campaign. You can also edit your press releases

So when you do your press release to worry you can always go back and edit them free press release.com is a great place to get a good price for these others who want to spend large amounts of money on press releases

The smart pre-launch a campaign use press releases to school aware year niche market of your products and services to come.

A green lights kudos would be appreciated thank you very much

Aaron111, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  14. GotWebHost

GotWebHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps if you gave decent info, all I have read is rambling from you . . . with a request for rep points . . . .

GotWebHost, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  15. GotWebHost

GotWebHost Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not tried these guys yet, but it is free: WideSpreadPR.com

I may shoot them one off tonight just to check their results.

GotWebHost, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  16. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    press releases are a great way to promote your new site and to get it known

zurpit.com, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  17. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Perseus is a great way to get Web applications into your site keep doing a press release for every website you own and operate and that will get you more traffic in your website over the overdue length of time or number one thing repercussions in black marks could be posted on your website if your press releases aren't relevant to the keyword search in terms everything you do as far as paid press releases are concerned making money God bless

Aaron111, Oct 20, 2008 IP