1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kicked adsense for popups, 1000% increase in revenue

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by darkbreed, Oct 17, 2008.

Well I did it, I kicked adsense and started on popups and other ad systems from pay popup

Adsense has been really horrible lately in my experience, extremely low values per click etc and the clicks have decreased. Guess people are getting too used to adsense ads splattered around.

Whats your own experiences with Adsense vs Popups or other systems? The good thing about the popups is that you get paid for every single visitor that comes to your site and it doesnt matter if they click on the ads or not. Big plus, though users are not too happy with popups but they same to remain anyway.

Also the referrals system is pretty good, just from one other guy I make around 900 USD a month, and its increasing steadily.

With Adsense I usually was around couple hundred dollars :S

So anyway what's you other guys experience here, what do you all prefer and how is it compared to adsense ? Always happy to get more insights that can help me rise on the ladder :)

Cheers!

darkbreed, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  2. easydolla

easydolla Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, adsense sucks long and hard.

I find that putting Iframes to email submits, like those "get a free ipod" surveys work well for me on a few of my sites.

But I don't mess with adsense anymore, when I was making a good bit of money with them, they shut me off for "invalid clicks", they really need to do something about that.

Good luck

easydolla, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  3. xilvenkat

xilvenkat Peon

Best Answers:
    What about other PPC sites which pay you up to $1 per click ?

xilvenkat, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  4. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pop-ups do help in getting higher returns, but it does not make your site favourable.

nks, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  5. ankur0412

ankur0412 Peon

Best Answers:
    Popups are irritating for viewers.

ankur0412, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  6. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, like I said myself, popups is something visitors are not too happy about - BUT, if your CONTENT is good the visitors will come back. At least in my experience.

Xilvencat: Hm what ppc sites pay $1 per click? :)

darkbreed, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  7. ubamba

ubamba Member

Best Answers:
    I avoid sites with popups like the plague.

ubamba, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  8. bested

bested Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying out pay-popup again now. I had problems with them in the past.

bested, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  9. metronome

metronome Active Member

Best Answers:
    so bottomline, clicksor is good? I thought a lot of people said that click sor sux but yet you make 1000% more

metronome, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  10. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason a long reply I wrote here vanished :S

Oh well, I'll try retell what I intended to but shorter this time:

One of the advantages with paypopup and clicksor is that you control how many ads to serve when using popups, such as one per visitor, one per hour for each visitor, or one per page the visitor goes to etc. In addition you can use them on sites that adsense do not support, like adult sites etc.

Personally I use popups on high traffic sites that I've created for the purpose of making money, one is an adult video site and another one is a video site with funny videos etc. People who go to these kind of sites do not care much about a popup as long they get access to what they are looking for.

On the other hand, when it comes to my personal "clean" sites, such as a news site about a specific interest I have with forums etc, I am not using popups but other types of ads. On these sites I mainly use referral ads for the other systems, and this is yet another place where clicksor and paypopup etc beats adsense. As I mentioned, just from my highest paying referral I earn $900+ a month (which is 10% of his income), in addition comes all the other referrals, my own income from ads such as the popups as well as other types of ads I'm using ( my other favorite is More Niche , which I incorporate along with paypopup/clicksor as it has some very good income possibilities and bonuses, commissions etc)

And for these sites you also have several levels of referral earnings, meaning that if you get someone to sign up you'll get a percentage of that persons monthly earnings, as well as commissions from any people HE gets to sign up, up to 4 levels down with PayPopup (Think the amount of levels is the same with Clicksor, with More Niche I think it's only 1).

After having tried this out for some time now, I have not noticed any significant decrease in amounts of visitors on the sites I serve popups - and even with the small decrease of returning visitors the increased revenue makes up for that, I'd rather earn 10 times more money and have some fewer visitors as making money is the whole point of those sites. The income is steadily increasing too, without having to do much at all.

The good thing is that with my other sites this means I can serve very little advertisement (my "clean" sites) as I only put up an ad for the referral programs on those, so instead of having adsense splattered all over the place which barely gets much clicks anyway, I have people signing up and making the money for me so to speak.

On the other high traffic sites which I've only created with the purpose of making money (the video sites) I'm filling up with ads, both popups , ppc ads and commission based ads - which gives much more total revenue per month than adsense ever did for me. And as mentioned, with these programs you can earn a lot of money from the sites that adsense won't let you have ads on.

Obviously you don't want to completely terrorize your visitors with ads, either that is popups or other types, you need to find the balance that gives you the most income per month regardless of the visitor count - unless you are running sites where money is not all you want such as my "clean" sites, in those you'd just run a minimum of ads and probably make most on referrals at least if you do it the way I've done.

So, for me popup ads and the other forms of ads available by paypopup/clicksor in addition to MoreNiche's ads have far exceeded adsense when it comes to my income. On the popups ads alone, including what I make from referrals, I'm currently making around 1000% (10 times more) of what I did with Adsense. The revenue is increasing for every day as well.

11. andrewgitm

andrewgitm Active Member

Best Answers:
    good for you! adsense blows..i definetly noticed a decrease in my clicks..being a person that never clicks on an adsense ad it is understable

and as far as popups go, ONE is fine, and not every page ... like one PER visit, people dont care that much given that your providing quality content and not over doing it..three popups every click would irritate anyone

andrewgitm, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  12. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    Also I would like to add, that my expenses are virtually none - all I talked about is my income, but I guess I should expand a bit so it's more clearer. Many people "earn" for example 2000 USD a month, but they spend 1000 USD to advertise, host their sites, and so on. Personally, I pay around 40 USD a YEAR. That's only for very basic hosting from a cheap and good host. I do NOT pay ANYTHING for advertisements or anything else related on promoting my websites. It is all free, and all visitors come from mostly google searches or from places like Digg, Shoutwire, Propeller, Wikio etc that frequently post my sites material (some of my sites). Virtually everything is PURE income - except for those 40 USD a year. I'm the kind of guy who likes things to be as easy and comfortable as possible, the less work needed to get things going the better, the less money for getting started the better, and if one can get it all for free and let others do all the advertisments etc for your sites well that's the perfect way. I aim for the Perfect way.

Indeed, to be honest, lately the only "work" i've been doing at all is to simply collect the cash from the sites as they are running and barely even updated. I have one site of around 10 that I update on a frequent basis, and that is not one of my major income sites, it's a personal sites on a topic im interested in and have a lot of news and forum activity on.

From my experience, it is quite possible to earn money without spending any at all, you do not even need to spend for hosting etc. Far less from advertising.

I'd like to give some more in-depth information on such things to those interested, so let me know and I'll try write some more posts in that regards when I get the time (right now it is saturday night and I'm somewhat busy)

But I can put it like this: I used to live in an apartment on social security all paid for by the governments. Now I got my own 3-bedroom house, with a swimming pool, big garden, barbeque room, small outhouse in the garden, and everything is paid from my online ventures. I do not "work" anymore, I am my own boss, I have really great freedom to do what I want in my spare time (and lots of spare time!).

So it is possible, don't think small think big and let your dreams lead you the way - you CAN do it, many others have!

Best wishes of luck to everyone, I hope you all are blessed with greatest success and happyness :)

13. AutumnBreeze

AutumnBreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    I am surprised your revenue has increased 1000%. It must have been extremely low before. With browsers blocking popups, I wouldn't have thought it would be a such a good source of income these days.

AutumnBreeze, Oct 18, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  14. tecklord

tecklord Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard of More niche , but i'm using paypopup and clicksor on some sites and got good results with it. I'm using adsense in addition though.

Paypopup is using a system that can bypass the popup blockers by having the popup appear in the page itself and not as an external window popping up. So that is not a problem.

Using this on sites I have with much traffic and have very nice conversions. I mainly focus on the North american market as it is paying higher for visitors from there.

If comparing, I too make more money in total from my paypopup ads than from my adsense, but I still make some hundred dollars a month on my adsense in additional income so I'm keeping that as well.

When it comes to adsense I too used to earn more with it, unfortunately the revenue have decreased dramatically for the last year or so, for the moment I'm looking at various other programs out there and alternatives to adsense but I won't kick it as long it still gives me some money worth collecting, just using other types of ads as an addition.

tecklord, Oct 19, 2008 IP