1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

usamail1.com = SCAM

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by fotocopy, Feb 26, 2008.

Hey guys..
    Just to let u know.
    usamail1 is a big scam.
    They pretend to provide virtual address and mail forwarding service.
    I got a mail address from them and I purchased an Iphone from Apple.com.
    But once the item was delivered to them, they canceled my account !
    They said they couldn't charge my credit card and due to the high risk of my CC there is no way to re-activate my account.
    (Just to let you know I used the same credit card that I pay my The Planet servers fees)
    After sending few emails, they didn't want to reply back.
    So I lost 500$ just like this !
    If any one needs any prove I can provide.
    Any way // Be aware ..

fotocopy, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  2. fotocopy

fotocopy Peon

Best Answers:
    No one has any opinion ?
    Has any one ha experience with myus.com ?

fotocopy, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  3. Mark1br

Mark1br Peon

Best Answers:
    They also do it same way :mad:

Another mail forwarding service that is only a fraud. Exactly the same.

I lost Us$ 4,000.00. I sent to them some packs from another place in USA and they never more replied to any e-mail.

I made my subscription by PAYPAL thinking to be more protected, trying to do business with a real company and PAYPAL only give me a false sense of trust.

PAYPAL could play a big rule on these kind of SCAM, maybe not guilty itself, except for not exactly doing acurate verification.

This was 10 days ago. I file a complaint with http://www.ic3.gov/ several days ago and no action at all.

Someone need to act. It can be a big hole on all PATRIOTIC ACT POLICE, since it seems easy to anyone yet on USA to start same kind of scam to catch easy money from outsiders without protection.

Why an Iranian or Iraquian with US address could not to do that ??? They can collect a lot of money from international Ebay users and others outsiders without no trace to follow.

There are someone waiting for what?

Mark1br, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  4. clarkeson

clarkeson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate when sites pull this kind of non sense

clarkeson, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  5. Deanny

Deanny Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's surely a site where you can report this type of rubbish. Its truly shocking how much these sites get away with.

Deanny, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  6. Seth Y

Seth Y Peon

Best Answers:
    I work with USAMail1.com and it is certainly not a scam. It is a great service that does exactly what it promises: it allows people outside the United States to have a postal address. This allows them to establish a US presence for business purposes and/or to shop in the US and have their purchases shipped to their US postal address. The mail can then be forwarded anywhere in the world. There are many, many satisfied customers using the service and more are joining all the time.

I discussed what happened to fotocopy with one of the owners of the company. His credit card was declined by their credit card verification service within hours and he was not charged. Any mail he received was returned to the senders so he did not lose any money.

As an aside, apparently fotocopy used the USAMail1 service without finishing the full registration process. As I understand it, all these services require the customer to fill out the US Postal Service Form 1583 in order for them to act as an agent on your behalf. This requires submitting proper proof of identity and takes a bit of time. Had he not rushed off and bought some expensive items before finishing the registration process he would have saved himself a lot of grief.

Seth Y, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  7. starz

starz Peon

Best Answers:
    this thread is a bit weird and there is something fishy here !

starz, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  8. TheOwner

TheOwner Active Member

Best Answers:

:D

Welcome to DP forum !

TheOwner, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  9. VanessaCorey

VanessaCorey Peon

Best Answers:
    The jury is still out on whether or not USAMail1 is a scam operation.

You work there? Then perhaps you can justify or explain all of this:

I am a sort of customer of USAMail1 meaning they have MY mail in their service box. I changed payment methods to a perfectly fine credit card with zero balance like every other credit card I have. A week later after I was robbed in Belgium of everything, I received a non-payment notice from USAMail1 because the credit card account was unusable as it had been cancelled right after the robbery. When I asked why it took so long for them to try to charge my credit card, they replied that one the payment method chqnge took a while and two that thye never tried to charge my credit card. If they never tried to charge my card, how would they know it was rejected? Are they quibbling on some particular word to avoid the point that it took them a WEEK to do anything?

I was advised that my mail being sent to my box would be held in my box, but they could not ship it to me until they received payment.

The only way I can think of to get money to them to pay for my account in order to access the mail that I need to unstrand myself from Belgium is to make an online payment from my bank. This time apparently the bank made an error and decided that since the addresses were so similar, to send the payment to my box at USAMail1. I sent an email explaining where the payment had went and asked for further instructions. Was it possible for them to take the payment from my box or did I need to initiate a brand new online payment. The first online payment took 4 business days plus the weekend. I have received no response whatsoever to my many messages to USAMail.com since 8/20/08. the only thing different is that on 8/20 the site finally allowed me to log in, consolidate the mail my box, and request 1-3 days shipping to Belgium via DHL. The consolidated package then disappeared from my box, with no real indication of whether it actually shipped or not---it is just gone from the box listed contents. Today is Tuesday the 26th and no delivery whatsoever here in Belgium, nor any response whatsoever from USAMail1. I need that mail in order to leave Belgium and go anywhere or do anything.

I am existing on only a minimum amount of emergency cash that my bank allowed me from my own account via Western Union. In a few days my legal time frame for being in the EU will expire. USAMail1 is entirely aware of my current situation and is ignoring me.

I have encountered scam messages online about USAMail1 and considering this saga with them, they might have some truth to them. If USAMail1 is a scam, then I entrusted them with a lot as my mailing service for a 2 year world trip. If USAMail1 is not a scam then they still leave much to be desired if one is seeking a competent, reliable mail service.

I think I have learned my lesson, but who knows how this current problem will end. Even if nobody reponds to this post here, it will serve as a start for telling my experience in any space that will allow it. I dont want anyone else to suffer a similar experience with USAMail1.com.

Vanessa Corey

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
    VanessaCorey, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  10. Esther F

Esther F Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear Vanessa-

We are proud to state that you are a 'sort of customer' of ours. Being that you do not pay for the service and we are still receiving your mail and allowing you access to all your items we do feel like we are doing the best we can to assist you in this difficult situation that you find yourself in.

Although you had created your account thru Paypal you made a request to change your account from Paypal to a credit card for you stated that you had a bad experience where PayPal "unwittingly contributed to a buyer scam" and you wrote that you prefer not to use their service until that kind of problem in their system was rectified.

Your information was sent to a programmer to recreate your account in order to charge you via credit card. Once we made that change for you, we went ahead and tried the card only to be denied. You were then sent an automated email letting you know that your credit card was not working and the information needed to be updated.

When your email about the robbery was received, we not only sympathized with you but we immediately made it clear that we would continue to service your US mailing needs.

"I understand that you may be feeling very frustrated and overwhelmed, as anyone would in your situation.

I want to make it clear that we will be happy to help you and will defiantly receive your mail for you. Although you are one of many customers, you are one or OUR customers and we value that relationship.

It appears like you are receiving automated emails from our system. You may ignore those emails as we will personally be available to assist you."

You told us money was coming but you have never given us any detail as to how to expect this money. Some emails its via a wire transfer from your bank account -"My payment by online wire transfer from my bank was due to be delivered today" while others say its been delivered to our address - " the bank explained to me that in error they sent the first payment to my personal email box #3347 because my address and the payment address are so similar. The payment is thus in my box, but not addressed to me, it is addressed to USAMail1.com"

Since your first email, I have personally checked your mailbox everyday, looking for the bank check but it has not arrived. Not via a wired payment nor via the mail.

We have tried to keep in contact with you, not only via emails but phone calls as well. The number you created your account under is a non-existent phone number and does not work. We have written to you numerous times to please let us know details as to where you have wired the money to or which postal carrier you have sent the check with . You wrote that your bank was able to confirm that " The bank claims the payment was delivered to your business anbd has deducted the amount from my checking account." But when asked if the bank could give me the confirmation of that information there was no response.

I reviewed every email that was sent to you and have to give my Customer Service Department a pat on the back. Their responses, even to some angry and frustrating emails were kind and professional. I was impressed with each reply they wrote and it made me quite proud to be a manager of a department formed of caring, competent and trustworthy individuals who each went far beyond their call of duty to help you.

We will continue to assist you and hope that together we will be able to help you out of this difficult situation.

Thank you,

Esther Fisher
    Customer Service Manager
    www.USAMAIL1.com

Esther F, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  11. VanessaCorey

VanessaCorey Peon

Best Answers:
    In turn, below is a copy of the immediate responses I sent to Esther at USAMail1. It seems that public posting of the issue prompted USAMail1 to finally respond to my efforts to contact them so that this situatation can result in payment of the account.

Yes, my emails are longer than some might prefer. However, I try to respond to what is actually written in the email I am responding to and to cover all points at issue. In my opinion, it should not take more than a minute or two to read these supposedly long emails.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After my issue went public, USAMail1.com finally responded to part of my requests for information, so I immediately intiated a new payment.

New payment initiated
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:01 AM

I am going out on another limb here and initiating a second online bill payment from my bank in the amount of 100 US dollars.

As I noted in my email back on 8/20, the bank explained to me that in error they sent the first payment to my personal email box #3347 because my address and the payment address are so similar. The payment is thus in my box, but not addressed to me, it is addressed to USAMail1.com

I have very little cash left to live on. Even worse, my legal visa time here in Belgium and the European Union will be over in a few days. After that I will be here illegally if I cannot obtain the means to leave here. Yet, I have been sitting here for a week, waiting for a response to my questions on whether or not I needed to send you a payment again and whether or not the package was actually shipped to me in Belgium. Do you have any concept of how frustrating it is for me not to have any instructions or information from you for a week when my time is running out? It takes nearly a week for a payment to go through. Had you responded to my email a week ago the new payment would have reached you by now. Now I have to start all over again with the process today and wait 4 business days plus the weekend for you to receive the payment, plus then I have to wait another 1-3 business days for the package to reach me here in Belgium.

Does it make any sense to try to call a person who has told you that they are stranded in a foreign country (on an extended trip) without a phone AND the only way to contact them is by email? Since you did not respond to my emails I did try a couple of times to contact you via SKYPE the internet phone program, but I have to pay money (subway) to get to that internet store and then pay money to use that computer, and your business hours in the states are late afternoon to late evening here in Europe. I went out of my way day after day to contact you with no response from you.

You could have just responded to my email a week ago....or to any of the emails I sent.

You waited a week. I cannot understand that.

Vanessa Corey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copy of the sort of request for information that I have been sending USAMail1.com.

To: USAMail1.com
    Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 4:27 AM
    Subject: Further instructions regarding payment?

On Wedesday 8/20 I sent an email regarding the failed online bill payment from my bank. My bank explained that since the two addresses were so similar, the bank thought it was an error and sent the payment directly to my personal mailing address at USAMail1. In that email I requested further instructions: did I need I need to start all over afain and arrange a new payment or would USAMail1 be able to take the misdirected payment from my mail. I did not receive any response to that email or my question.

In the meantime, the USAMail1.com site finally allowed me to, one, log in and, two, consolidate my mail and request shipping (1-3 days delivery). The consolidated item is no longer listed in my mailbox so I HOPE that means it was shipped out, but I am not certain of that because the account does not note that action and the issue of payment is still an active problem.

If you need me to do something further to resolve this account, please let me know as soon as possible because in my present difficult situation each required action can take a lot more time and effort than it normally would.
    Thank You,

Vanessa Corey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In response to the USAMail1.com email posted on the forum

Esther,

Nothing has to be this difficult.

On August 20th I sent you the explanation/information that the bank sent me regarding my inquiry as to the missing payment. In that email I asked you if it was possible to retireve it from my mailbox, and if not, to give me further instuctions. Should I initiate a new online payment or not?

Did anyone at USAMail1.com respond to that email and those specific questions or not? I have written several emails since then and tried to telphone via computer skype program getting only voicemail during business hours. I never received any response from USAMail1.com until August 27. Interestingly enough, I finally received a response after I proceeded to take the issue public through various sites and consumer bureaus. As for USAMail1.com attempting to telephone me, you were previously informed that I was away on extensive travel around the world; that my travel cell phone had been stolen; and that email was the means by which to reach me. I think I DID telephone USAMail1.com several months ago, before my trip, but every other comunication with USAMail.com has been via email. After all that time and several email exchanges on this issue and the information that I relayed to you about my current situation, why would USAMail1.com be trying to telephone me? That makes very little sense to me. It makes very little sense to anyone else I have asked.

Did USAMail.com respond via email to my questions raised on August 20 or not? I am unsure if you mean to claim that USAMail1.com did indeed email a response to those questions. In any case, I never received any email response to my questions until now. Thus, I sat here for another costly week as time runs out, waiting for a shipment that never arrived because I never received any response from USAMail1.com concerning further payment instructions or the mystery of the disappearance of the consolidated items from my box after shipping was requested. Can you understand how the lack of email response might be a problem and result in anger and frustration with USAMail1.com?

Of course I am angry. In my opinion, USAMail1.com has not performed to my expectations of a reliable, comptent business.

Yes, I did change payment methods. PayPal paid a customer a refund on my behalf....a customer who never returned the costly merchandise in question. The customer waited for months until he knew I would be out of contact and would not be checking that email address and then he applied for the refund and it was quickly granted with no response from me. It is also no longer possible to leave negative feedback about buyers on Ebay, while PayPal has no feedback feature. Both entities therefore have policies and procedures that can contribute to buyer scams. Paypal has since acknowledged that the problem can exist, but that they can only follow their company policy.

I provided the credit card information on August 2. I was not informed that it would take a week or more to process my payment or that I would not have access to my mail until then. Then I received an update on August 5, informing me that my account had been changed to a credit card account. Due to lack of internet access time, and lack of clear communication from USAMail1.com, I had no idea that my account USAMail1.com was still unpaid and that I would have no access to my mail. It was only after the robbery and subsequent blocking of my credit cards on August 8, that USAMail1.com emailed me to inform me that the credit card was unusable and thus the account remained unpaid and I would not have access to my mail.

If USAMail1.com had made me aware that my mail account was still unusable during that time period, I would not have given that particular address in dealing with the aftermath of my robbery. In addition, it amazes me and everyone else I have talked with about this, that it would take a week or more to process and charge my credit card.

Perhaps you are used to that kind of operation in the businesses you prefer to frequent. I am not and the general consensus around me is that many others would be amazed and angry as well. But expectations and opinions can certainly differ. Personally, while I do not think people should have to suffer abuse for the sake of business, sometimes customer anger and frustration is understandable. I cannot agree that your business has performed in a reliable and competent manner.

Aside from my mail issue, there is the fact that I have a strong desire to make sure that USAMail.com gets paid. I tend to keep all of my accounts paid to a zero balance and paid on time. I am an honest and meticulous sort of person in that regard. There are now 2 online bill payments that I have initiated for USAMail1.com, totalling 150 US dollars. If we cannot manage to find these payments, then I am not sure what to do because my resources are currently extremely limited.

Vanessa Corey

And as of today, I received an email from USAMail.com saying they understand they will not be paid (USAMail1.com will be paid if I have to die doing it), and they propose that if I remove every negative feeling (the exact phrase used) from every internet page, they will ship my mail to me without any payment whatsoever.

If USAMail1.com actually held up its end of the bargain, it would certainly be a solution to my desperate problem. But it would be dishonest and unethical. As desperate as I am, I cannot agree to such a bargain. On the other hand, if USAMail1.com would like to specifically and correctly challenge any of the public comments I have made, then I will of course willingly acknowledge, apologize for, and suffer the consequences of any wrong I have committed.

This is a very complicated situation that could have been largely avoided had USAMail1.com demonstrated a habit of providing pertinent information in a timely and reliable manner.

VanessaCorey, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  12. TonyVeigas

TonyVeigas Banned

Best Answers:
    However long your response may be... Because of this hassle people will think you are a scam.

TonyVeigas, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  13. VanessaCorey

VanessaCorey Peon

Best Answers:
    A twist of the situation, eh?

Sure some might think I am the scam, but what have I gained if I am the scam?

People will think what they think.

14. Esther F

Esther F Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear Customer -

On 4/29/08 - you signed up using Paypal

On 7/31/08 - you needed to renew your monthly payment - no money was received

On 8/2/08 (Saturday) you sent us your credit card information. (Although you created your account on Paypal you requested that you be able to change your account over so that you would be able to use a credit card.)

On 8/4/08 information was sent to a programmer so he could recreate your account for you to bypass the way you set up your account.

On 8/5/08 your account was updated - Since it had missed the automatic subscription charge that is processed on Monday, it was charged with the next week automated subscription charge, the following Monday, August 11th.

On 8/11/08 you received an automated email letting you know that your credit card was not working and needed to be updated.

On 8/11/08 you wrote back to me that your card had been stolen and I told you that we would work together to help you out as best as we could.

On 8/12/08 you told me you would be wiring money from your bank account

On 8/13/08 I told you to ignore the automated emails you may receive as I would personally be taking care of you.

On 8/20/08 you wrote that the bank sent an online bill payment and later that day you wrote that the bank confirmed that the payment had arrived and our company had already deducted it from your account.

On 8/20/08 at 3:35 you write that the bank actually mailed the check to our address - not a bank wire and that it was in your account.

I had been watching your account everyday, in the hope that your payment would arrive and I could quickly process your account.

You have been a customer here since 4/29/08 and that is the last payment we received. We couldn't receive money from your paypal account, couldn't recieve payment thru your credit card, were promised a bank wire - which was confirmed that we had already deducted the money from your account and then were told it was a check- which has never arrived.

The discrepency I see is not in regards to our company.

Instead of getting petty and continuing to write over blogs I would prefer to have a lawyer take over this case.

As the only thing that is dishonest and unethical is that you wrote USAMAIL1 - Fraud? and that we are a scam operation and that is not the truth. We are a large company with numerous warehouses assisting thousands of customers. To write that we are fraud or a scam when we perform every duty that we advertise is not appropriate. What you posted has effected our company and we will not tolerate that.

I remain true with what I offered to have the package shipped out in order to assist you.

Thank you.

Esther Fisher
    Customer Service Manager
    www.USAMail1.com

Esther F, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  15. VanessaCorey

VanessaCorey Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, my post does not claim that USAMail1.com is a fraud. There is a question mark. At this point, I do not know for sure.

It is true that I initially referred to a bank wire and an online bill payment. I have used online bill paying for years, but I have never actually seen how it arrives or what it looks like and I communicated that to you. I have heard that referenced to as wiring a payment. When the payment could not be located, I asked the bank for an explanation and a description to help locate and access it. I did my best to explain that to you and I have not claimed to be entirely without error. I do apologize for misunderstanding and miscommunicating on that point.

Yes, it is also true that you wrote that I could ignore the form emails. However, I received no response at all to my questions in a week, although I continued to receive form emails. I sent emails from my email account as well as through the USAMail1.com site, trying to find out the status of the first payment and whether I needed to send a second payment.

The first expiration notice I received:

Important Information Regarding Your USAMail1 Subscription Expiration
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:13 PM
    "USAMail1.com" <custservice@usamail1.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    "Vanessa Corey"
    Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for choosing USAMail1.com .

Your initial subscription for your USAMail1 mailing address has expired after 3 months.

In order to renew your subscription via Payapl, Click Here

You will need to do this process only once. Once you have subscribed, your subscription will be automatically renewed monthly, with no need of further processing on your part.

For help with any of our online services, please email: custservice@usamail1.com

We look forward to continued service of your USA mailing needs.

Thank you.
    Online Customer Support
    http://www.USAMail1.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That message did not make it seem mandatory to pay via PayPal, so I emailed and asked if it was possible to use a credit card. I made sure to inform you that I did not have regular internet access; but that I should be able to respond to you in a day or 2. You emailed back that yes I was welcome to use a credit or debit card as well....but you wrote nothing further. So we wasted a couple more days on the next exchange: well, how do I pay with a credit card, what exactly do you need me to do? Finally on August 2, the exchange was over, I thought, as I provided you my credit card information.

When you told me my account had been upgraded to a credit card account on August 5th, a few days later you did not say anything else. I thought the account had been paid. Would it not be a good idea to inform the customer that the account is still unpaid and thus they will not have access to their mail? I have never had this kind of issue when paying for a service: finding out nearly a week later that the bill is still unpaid even though I provided a perfectly good method of payment.

If a customer is told they are welcome to do something it might be helpful to advise the customer of any troubles or differences with such a process. Otherwise they find out later that you went out your way to change something and it took longer and took more effort. When a customer asks if they can use a credit card, say yes and provide them with the neccessary information to get it done. When they ask if they should try to send a new payment or ask for an update so they can get you paid, it is a good idea to respond and not wait for a public complaint to arise.

Getting USAMail1.com paid as soon as possible is in the interests of both parties.

The fact is you finally responded when I went public. As soon as you responded I initiated a new payment out to your company as a result of getting the update from you that I needed.

If this has to go to court, then it shall. But I have not said or done anything about USAMail1.com that is unfairly damaging that I am aware of.

16. VanessaCorey

VanessaCorey Peon

Best Answers:
    I neglected to cover these 2 points.

1) You are in error on a point. I never claimed USAMail1.com deducted money from my account. The payment was not an automatic draw set up on your end. It was set up on my end and thus, I wrote that an online bill payment in the amount of 50 dollars was deducted from my bank account.

I can see how you might mistakenly infer that I was referring to your company as having taken the action.

We all make errors, but these are the kind that I do not consider as integral to the problem.

2) If you wish to consider asking whether USAMail1.com is a fraud....as dishonest and unethical, then we have different view of logic and ethics.

I still consider it dishonest and unethical to retract my true opinion and true experience in exchange for you releasing my mail and shipping it to me with no payment whatsoever. Can you really call that honest?

I would never put a person in such a position to ask them to choose between being honest or receiving that which is vitally important to them. Anyone who knows me at all knows I would have to decline such an offer.

Whatever you think of me, I will get USAMail1.com fairly paid.

17. bizman911

bizman911 Member

Best Answers:
    USAmail1 is a scam service, here is my case :

I'm a customer of this service via Ebay (SHIP-N-SAVE store), I bought some packages and sent to them, for some reasons they have declined forwarding those packages to my home address, it's fine but when I requested returned those items to the seller so that I can get my payment back via Paypal, they didn't do that. I said they're a scam service because they have no right to keep these packages for whatever reason. Till this post they still have keep those packages and don't want to communication with me anymore, that's my experience with this service so far.

Now i'm using the service from parcelsforward.com and happy with them.

bizman911, Oct 17, 2008 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  18. toystalker

toystalker Guest

Best Answers:
    i always use usglobalmail.com never had any issues and they forward the mail repackaged and let you state the customs value so you don't get stung

toystalker, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  19. bettership

bettership Peon

Best Answers:
    parcelsforward.com is the scam you need to stay away from....I ran a check on them and here is what I found:

! this is a residential location not a business
    ! they do not have a valid US Postal Service Form 1583
    ! No known business in FL for this; PARCELSFORWARD
    ! you have no protection shipping to a "home based" business
    ! the owner has been reported on ripoffreport and pissedconsusumer for bait and switch
    ! testimonals page has a link that goes nowhere:

Seems like parcelsforward.com is the scam. They have a generic website that looks like it was put together by my teenage daughter and you have ZERO resource if something were to happen. Seems like it was set up to steal

bettership, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  20. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    So Ship-N-Save (http://stores.ebay.com/SHIP-N-SAVE) and ParcelsForward.com (http://stores.ebay.com/shopshipandsave / http://www.parcelsforward.com)
    are 2 scams???

Why Ebay let those people do business if they are scams???

Any other experience with them?

Any alternative service/company?

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 23, 2008 IP