1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accrued = Approved?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by nam207, Feb 2, 2005.

Just have a noob question here, under Payment history, at the first week of the month, not exactly 1st of the month, you usually get the Earnings Accrued During [insert month here].

This month that happened on Feb 2nd, I'm sure everybody else is the same, my question is, does that mean the total is already approved? Or the amount has to go through final process.

I personally think the "Approved" with check number is just the indication that the check has been mailed on that day. In fact it's already approved in the first day of the month as showed in Earnings Accrued. Am I correct?

nam207, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    The amount shown on Feb 2 is what you earned for the previous month. Near the end of the month, you should see a payment approved status and shortly thereafter, the check number should show up signifying the check was printed and mailed.

mopacfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  3. nam207

nam207 Member

Best Answers:
    That is what I'm saying, the amount show on Feb is what I've earned on Jan. Near the end of the month I will see the payment approved.

But my point is, isn't it's already approved if they show the total earning on Jan? I've heard some people don't see that if they violate adsense policy ==> google checked you site.

The approval at the end of the month only means the check has been issued, in fact it's already approved when they checked your site, am I right on this? Just curious.

nam207, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  4. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I would assume that gives them a two-three week window to run fraud detection programs against their database.

mhdoc, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  5. valeriya

valeriya Peon

Best Answers:
    Does these fraud detection programs happen monthly or is it a continuous process, I have always felt it to be dynamic...

valeriya, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  6. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The time in between allows them to examine all the clicks on your site 1 by 1. With the billion dollars in revenues they earned in the last quarter they now have one person for each sites clicks to check for click fraud....

j/k ;) - I think it gives them time to run filters etc... to make sure everyone is on the up and up...

NewComputer, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  7. valeriya

valeriya Peon

Best Answers:
    A person getting banned on 12th of a month and lets say if the payment approved date is on the 17th... The probabality that the person gets the previous month's check is fairly high for various reasons. One that I see is the split up of work among different google departments and the "best" part is once the payment calculation is done in the initial phase, google has no provision to stop paying a banned account.

valeriya, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  8. StinkyMouse

StinkyMouse Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's hope that what you're saying is true.

My check accrued for Jan is $2,xxx, on the first 4 days of Feb is $3xx. I got banned in the afternoon of the 4th (don't ask why, check my other thread, I didn't do any fraud clicks).

So I assume that the money of Feb is not going to arrive, but if the $2,xxx on Jan is arrived at the end of this month (Feb), that's would be the best consolation for me. Of course, I have no way of knowing it since my account is disable, but let's hope so.

I'll let you guys know on Feb 30th if I receive the check for Jan or not, so we can learn how google works from this. I have about 15% hope that I will get the check.

StinkyMouse, Feb 6, 2005 IP
  9. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    If you are banned and they have not sent the check, you will not get it.

nevetS, Feb 6, 2005 IP