1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple Domains and hosting plan !

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by shamrock2008, Oct 16, 2008.

Ok, I am new to this so any help would be appreciated.
    I am interested in buying 5+ domains, at this point i thought go daddy the best and from reading other thread her I am thinking of using hostgater for the hosting..

My sites are a mixture of personal sites and little ideas I have, nothing BIG or complicated..

How do I organize the two ( daddy and gator) to work together ?
    Gator said that they will transfer the first one over for free but want $15 for each of the others ? I intend hosting all sites together in one gator account. I think its the baby account..

Now at $15 to transfer each one over I might as well just register them at Gator in the first place or am I missing something obvious ??

Kathy

shamrock2008, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  2. DatR

DatR Peon

Best Answers:
    not sure how the HostGator hosting is set up for multiple domains... but through Godaddy with their hosting, in the interface you can select any domain (even external one), and point it to a subfolder

Hostgator should provide you nameservers and you put those for the domain setting in your godaddy account and it should work... just don't know if Hostgator will allow that

DatR, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  3. shamrock2008

shamrock2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you DatR, I checked what you said with Gator and they confirmed that is the case..

Many thanks.

Kathy:D

shamrock2008, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  4. dp12345

dp12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    i did not know that there is a fee for these type of affairs , i used to think that one can buy from any registrar and host it anywhere without paying any extra money.

dp12345, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  5. Rioter

Rioter Peon

Best Answers:
    Hostgator is actually a theplanet.com reseller.

Their P4 dedi at $174 month can directly be obtained from the planet for a fraction of what hostgator asks.

Now those that want to fight this finding just check the IP of your hostgator server or do a traceroute.

Rioter, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no fee. You can register the 5 domains that you want at GoDaddy and buy the Baby plan (unlimited domains) at HostGator and host the 5 domains on your account. All you have to do is add the hostgator nameservers to your domains registered with GoDaddy in your account manager and in your HostGator cPanel add the domains as add-on domains. If you have any questions post back. Best of luck :)

micksss, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  7. shamrock2008

shamrock2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply !

I know one day soon I will understand this ;) but than you for the reply..

Cheers for clearing this up !!:D

shamrock2008, Oct 17, 2008 IP