1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PC Monitor Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geremyd, Oct 16, 2008.

Hello all,
    I am looking to buy a new monitor and I am having some issues. I have a 256 graphics card and only have a VGA output on it.

Is it worth buying a HD monitor v.s a LCD monitor if my only option to hook it up with VGA?

I am looking to upgrade to a 22 inch for gaming/design work.

Any suggestions on monitors would be great. I am looking to buy one at Best Buy with Price in mind!

thank you

geremyd, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  2. bealman

bealman Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to go cheap and big, and something that only has a VGA input. Look into AOC - the 2219S-1 model is huge and meant for VGA cards. Look on tiger or new egg.

Not worth going HD if you don't plan on upgrading your card.

If you are planning on upgrading the video card in the future - you will be investing more cost into the monitor. Samsung makes great HD monitors. Just watch out for the lower end HD monitors... just about as clear as a mid line LCD. The higher cost is well worth it with HD monitors.

bealman, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  3. geremyd

geremyd Peon

Best Answers:
    i want the best possible combo to make the overall gaming experiance the best.

geremyd, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  4. bealman

bealman Peon

Best Answers:
    Cannot go wrong with an top end Nvidia and a Samsung combo. I am an ATI fan myself but for the gaming Nvidia does a good job.

bealman, Oct 16, 2008 IP