1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armed Illegal Aliens and Mexican marijuana cartels take over US National Parks

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah right

yeah what else can you grow

Really
    of course
    Comparing women to drug addicts?

Taxation without representation .....??? Drug use without representation
    Comparing blacks to drug addicts? Makes no sense to me and less you are sending an underlying message.
    Yeah drug users should be able to rob, steal and not work but receive all the drugs they choose. Jail create hardships on criminals.

1 rolleye.....typical

Yeah typical post are bait,bait, report.....blame others report again.

homebizseo, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How is it a 'problem' exactly?

BTW that 'drug' Jose got is not 'dangerous' not 'addictive' or anything of the sort. If anything it yet again shows drug laws as they are do not work.
    Homebiz I am not some little pencil neck, if you think I'd be afraid of you, you are SADLY mistaken.
    Certain types of cactus, mushrooms, hell even poppy.
    Yes 'Really' do you even know more than 'drugs are bad' seriously do you have even a single clue? A big bad tough 'cop' sure would know more than what you're bringing to the table.
    Nope comparing laws that are either unfair or do not work. Showing that not all laws are just and some need to be changed.
    I see logic is too hard for you to grasp.

Never said that Homebiz, your 'war on drugs' study after study shows causes more of this situation than it 'helps'
    You deserve much more.
    I baited hey?

Hmm you called me 'shorty' tried to act all tough and say I wouldn't say it face to face, called me a dumb _ _ _

You would never 'bait' sure Homebiz.

The true thing I blame you on is again knowing absolutely nothing on a subject, yet having the audacity to argue about it. People like you are a worse problem when it comes to drugs than the addicts themselves. People like you spread false information, believing they know the truth when they do not. People like you make certain addicts stay in the sewers of our nation w/o a way to get help, make certain drug dealing stays profitable, our children can get drugs easier than alcohol and so much more.

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I know you aren't afraid of any person but for the sake of the continuation of the thread, and also you being a senior member around, do stop the shorty or whatever stuff. If you stop it and anyone continue with any baseless attacks against you, I guess that person needs to be more matured to be in the P&R forum and as pointed in the first post by Crazy, we will have to proceed with the crazy move of permanently banning the member. It is not that we are toothless just that we feel P&R should be as unhindered as possible. BUT, that does not mean that personal attacks go on and on and on.

Please set an example by stopping this and lets have the discussion on the topic of the thread and should you stop and others still proceed with personal attacks, you won't be seeing them again here. They will be the EXAMPLE of a different sort.

wisdomtool, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh yes I was not speaking of Bogart..

BTW if there was a way to wish all harmful drugs away I wish we could. I have witnessed first hand what they can do to people, all the way from tobacco, to alcohol, marijuana, steroids, crack, lsd, coke, heroine and more.

I understand many are not nearly as bad as people claim. I also understand many of the nasty ones are even nastier because they are banned, no QC allows them to be made much stronger than they should be, cut with chemicals that can kill. Leaving the people afraid to come forward for help as nobody in the legal system knows they are an addict for the most part until they are under arrest.

All the war on drugs does is create issues that are far worse than what the drugs themselves create, makes it so harder for people to get help, easier for children to get than liquor, costing billions of dollars in taxes a year. It creates violence, murder rates go up, it funds criminal enterprise all for the hope that it will stop a few users.

Study after study that is not biased shows the war on drugs is a complete failure, yet some still support it. Those who support it are also those against taxes 'yet' the war on drugs costs billions in actual funds and billions more in lost tax revenue, go figure ;)

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  5. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ. I do see real examples and conflicting examples. Take for eg the country I am now in has a mandatory death penalty for drugs. Drug addicts are few if any, even for those leisure drugs, it is rare that they are on sale. But on the other hand another country of residence, drugs are tolerated and there are lots of drug addicts and ghettos as a result. Can't really say that the war on drugs are ineffective.

Of course I put a caveat, just in case you counterattack me on my points. The ones executed, the couriers are mostly desperate guys and the masterminds are safe and sound and living rich and decadent lives. But the death penalty on the whole helps the country rid itself of the drug menace given its closeness to the Golden Triangle.

6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is a difference from being totally from tolerated with no control to that of the opposite and using the death penalty. Much also depends on the culture above any laws that may or may not exist.

Prohibition in the case of the United States shows it does not work. Study after study has shown that the drugs get stronger, more addictive, with less quality control. It creates violence, empowers the gangs and makes it next to impossible for those who want help to get the help they need.
    Yes nothing like making people shake in their boots over the fear of death because they chose to use an 'illegal' substance. A huge difference is I am speaking of the US, our culture, our freedom, our way of life. Sure if the constitution allowed we could simply start rounding up those who do drugs and kill them, I hardly see that as a solution.

A quick search for stats of another country where it is more tolerate than the US..

Social Indicator Comparison Year USA Netherlands
    Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 36.9% 1 17.0% 2
    Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 5.4% 1 3.0% 2
    Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+) 2001 1.4% 1 0.4% 2
    Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population 2002 701 3 100 4
    Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros) 1998 €379 5 €223 5
    Homicide rate per 100,000 population Average 1999-2001 5.56 6 1.51 6

I found the following interesting as well.

http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2005/yax-508.htm

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I would say that Netherlands is an outlier, I really do not quite understand. By not controlling, they seemed to be "controlling" the problem. it is a contradiction by itself and yes it does seemed to work.

But I guess the Netherland's solution would find it hard to find a place in USA, I doubt any conservatives will be wiling to sponsor such a program. They would rather continue with the failure as the statistics shown rather than embark on some programs the likes of what Netherlands had done. Those politicians would be toasted in no time.

GRIM likes this.
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's what it comes down to, the statistics, hell even conservative organizations have come forward showing the drug war has failed. History shows us it can not win, not in the culture of the US. Sure we could be a dictatorship, start killing users, but that is far from a solution.

It comes down to so many still believe falsehoods and as such any politician who even dares speak of the way to fix things, the way stats show will work, the way studies recommend, they will be labeled as in this very thread as wanting youngsters to start shooting up.

When in reality they simply see the truth.

Steroids for instance, most medical and even government agencies were against banning it, yet the 'war on drug' mentality banned them.

Marijuana another substance that had similar roots.

All it takes is 'think of the children' and 'drugs are bad' for all logic to be tossed to the curb.

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  9. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    The death penalty should be implemented in the US as well. It would clean out alot of the dead weight to the country.

I did not say you were, BTW I am not quite a pencil neck either.

homebizseo, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree.

All those steroid users, and doctors who are giving them steroids illegally just for 'sport enhancing' should be immediately put to death!

yes here it comes.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  11. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    1 rolleyes

Oh I see, The vagrants that are pushing and the lawless get the free pass. Jail is so hard on the lawless.

12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all Homebiz, just exposing your hypocritical stance. You want only certain 'drug users' arrested and put to death, while another drug you are all for you would not want either to happen to.

I would be against any death penalty for any substance abuse problem.

BTW the steroid user and doctor prescribing for 'sports enhancement' would be the 'lawless' as well.

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  13. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Not exposing my stance at all. Let me see. If you do the illegal, go to jail,..... go to jail equals a success. Break the law, go to jail. No that seems fine to me. How strange it must be to want people in jail for lawless behavior.

14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So are you changing your stance now yet again? Doctors who illegally prescribe steroids and the users who get the prescription should go to jail?

Before you stated you thought they should be sold OTC, people get them from Mexico, prescriptions for 'sports enhancement' were just fine.

So are you again changing your position and now are for sending those who get prescriptions for steroids for 'sports enhancement' to jail, and or putting them to death?

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  15. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    What? When did not prescribed steroids become illegal.

Do you see steroid anywhere in the quote below? Nice job at making up stuff.

16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    'Not prescribed' steroids have been illegal in the states for some time now, steroids prescribed for other reason than allowed by law are also illegal.

It doesn't need to be, it goes with your argument you've made in this thread and others. I am not making anything up. I see you still refuse to answer a simple question.

GRIM, Oct 16, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.