1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any million Dollar writers around?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even though that's not what you meant, that's what most highly successful writers are doing. For example, take a look at the variety of projects that Brian Clark (aka Copyblogger) is involved in (scroll down to the About section): http://www.copyblogger.com/copywriting/

Tyler Banfield, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. Scar

Scar Peon

Best Answers:
    You're never going to make that much annually writing content for other people, there just isn't enough time. However, if you started a writing service and outsourced to other writers, then it would be more feasible.

Scar, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    You can if you are copywriting and MARKETING. If you are putting what you do well to work for yourself. And the big copywriters went on to do coaching seminars, webinars and things that make more money because there are lots of people paying. Subscriptions, advertising revenue--that sort of thing.

webgal, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at various replies from the gang here, I have figured out a procedure, which according to me generalizes the tips given here. Feel free to add or subtract points from this list
    * Write well
    * Set your prices
    * Find a market for those prices
    * Market yourself based on the services you provide and things that set you apart
    * Become as successful as Jenn :)
    * Get into e-books and webinars
    * You are on your way to becoming a millionaire

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  5. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you could count me as a seven figure income writer...if you moved the decimal places over four or five positions to the left. Of course I am seeking new clients to help me change this dire state. Anyone looking for a content writer looking to become a self-made millionaire? :)

chant, Oct 16, 2008 IP
    jeewant_gupta_051275 likes this.
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Jenn is nowhere near being a 7-figure writer. So don't think striving to be me is going to help much. ;)

jhmattern, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  7. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    Well, I was extrapolating actually. Now, suppose I take x months from now to become as successful as you are, it is pretty certain that you would have moved up the ranks as well with respect to your current position. So basically, by the time newbies become as good as Jenn, Jenn would be well on her way to the seven figure mark

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  8. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Million dollar question!! That's 10,000 hundred dollar bills. Make 50 of those in a month, and you should be a millionaire in 200 months. ;)

Oosha, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  9. somik

somik Peon

Best Answers:
    Online jobs never pay your bills. U can do it cause u like it, but other then that, the million dollers will stay a myth

somik, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    somik, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about - a LOT of folks here on this forum pay their bills (and more) working online. :rolleyes:

jhmattern, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  11. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    I second what Jenn just wrote. People not only pay their bills, they have established companies running online. They pay the wages of their employees and taxes as well. Working online is good and you need to be able to extract the most out of it.
    For a newbie, it is difficult trying to find a sustainable income. I remember that I had started my online 'career' as a forum poster. I graduated to a penny writer and today I am pretty satisfied with what I earn. There were a lot of my friends who had tried their luck online, but were not willing to put in time, and therefore, earning a residual income seemed an uphill task for them.
    Its your take, which path you want to choose. There is no harm in treading the online path and exploring the opportunities.

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  12. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somik, You're right, it's not possible to make a full-time income online ....unless you're focused and committed.

The problem is most people who are starting out want to make a large income within a short time, and it doesn't work that way. You have to build up your business over time and take small steps that add up.

I could leave my full-time job and stay home when I started making more than what I was at my job.

Jeewant, improving your income is possible by doing a combination of things online and not just writing for clients. The deeper I get into internet marketing, the better I understand the options there are.

You can add "site flipping" to your list. Create a wordpress site, write content and do some SEO. Keep it for a month and once the site starts seeimg some visitors, flip it.

Initially, this can be done in your spare time. Keep aside a couple of hours each day. That way, you're income from writing doesn't suffer and you're also creating alternative income streams.

Oosha, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  13. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    Site flipping is a good option, but then, if you are able to get a sizable traffic to your site, then you dont need to sell it. Retain it, and make another one on another niche!

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  14. bradblog2

bradblog2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta love those sales pages ;)

bradblog2, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  15. pcz

pcz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a million (old) lei (Romanian currency) writer.
    The problem is that a million old lei = $40 :)

pcz, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  16. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    PCZ.. I think you would be a king in ROME!

jeewant_gupta_051275, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  17. Boomer222

Boomer222 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is it. Depends on what you're willing to do to get the million. Some people are focused and committed and do what it takes. Others go on reality shows and eat dog s---- for the quick million. And it's funny, some eat dog s---- and walk away with nothing. It works the same way.

Boomer222, Oct 19, 2008 IP