1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 Steps To Take To Achieve Top Positions In Search Engines

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by blueoceanwave, May 30, 2006.

So I'm going to launch two sites soon and I'm looking for thoughts from everybody out there on what steps you would take to achieve a top ranking position in google/msn/yahoo. I've had some success before, but I'm looking more to systemize the entire process so it would be more predictable.

Please post all of your ideas, in list form and I'm sure that others will also find them useful.

My current strategy:

Before launching:

1 - Do extensive research on keywords and find the top 10 keywords to work with
    2 - Plan site layout/design/architecture to take into account optimization
    3 - Start looking for content either to buy/produce or hire others to produce
    4 - Put together site

As soon as version 1 of the site is out the door, do the following:

5 - Submit to many directories
    6 - Start daily/weekly work on getting links
    7 - Get a blog going
    8 - Evalute results
    9 - Evalute the positions and see what is working/not working
    10 - Rinse & repeat

What do you think?
    What is your process?

blueoceanwave, May 30, 2006 IP
    khasmoth likes this.
  2. sck

sck Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right..........

sck, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Include article submition.
    you will need some services like articlemarketer.com or articlesubmit so you don't have to submit manually.
    this will get you a ton of back links

Winagain, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  4. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very infomative post.two thumbs up.:D

khasmoth, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  5. thelouisvilleseo

thelouisvilleseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone - Rob Docherty here a newbie in this forum.

Blue - Here's a process that works, barrenone.

1. Write down on paper what your website will be about, who it caters to, what information will be available to visitors/what they can do while visiting your website.

2. Make sure that your ideas fit together and stay on a particular topic, if you're building a niche-website.

3. Create an HTML wireframe of your website, basically just text and links, no pictures/CSS, etc.

4. Make sure all the content reads well and the site as a whole is easy to navigate.

5. Add graphics/actual design/CSS to the wireframe, have a few friends/colleagues test the website out, ask for input, if they got lost. [You'd be surprised even for a 5 page website how many people can forget where they are going.]

6. Pick keywords by what YOU think people would search for when looking for the offerings you provide. Then, if you want to use Wordtracker or GoodKeywords, etc. to see if you were hitting a decent size search volume.

7. Add the keywords throughout the content, not to look like spam, but to make sure the visitor on your website is aware of what you have to offer.

8. Use headlines for articles, captions underneath/above pictures, etc. - Look at a newspaper and follow the style if you want something easy to read.

9. Create a Wordpress that can be hosted at your domain, as a subdomain or other directory... draw some traffic there and tell friends to post to it and answer their comments/questions to grow your viewer base... from there, promote your main site, any products, etc.

10. After you do all of that, after a month, two, three, whenever you get the chance sit down with a few friends and go through your website again, see if they get bored, lost, or want to continue reading more.

11. After that is done - come back to this forum and tell us about your success... if you want some help getting things together visit www.thelouisvilleseo.com

Remember: Search Engine Optimization is understanding, knowledge, and experience. The three alone may not work well, but together they empower you to get a high ranking and provide website visitors with good content.

Thanks guys! If anyone has any complaints about my wording, please PM, I hate getting into arguments over people disagreeing with things I have to say. Be civil.

thelouisvilleseo, Jun 1, 2006 IP
    khasmoth and dhruv like this.
  6. thelouisvilleseo

thelouisvilleseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Read below if you haven't.

thelouisvilleseo, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  7. Julien

Julien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great post thanks for the info!

Julien, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  8. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    why wordpress? why not blogger?

ash1, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  9. thelouisvilleseo

thelouisvilleseo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were responding to my post, thanks. If not, there are good posts above :)

Guys, if you ever need help or advice, I'll be here on the forum, so just PM me or goto my site: www.thelouisvilleseo.com

Thanks! - Rob

thelouisvilleseo, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  10. saritaets

saritaets Peon

Best Answers:
    yes its very true and thanks for giving good information to us.

saritaets, Jun 14, 2010 IP