1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Question for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andy5925, Oct 15, 2008.

Are there any strict guidelines that you all follow when writing or reviewing optimized copy. For example, I worked with one SEO professional who used the guideline that an optimized term should be used every 80 words throughout copy. Just curious..

-Andy

andy5925, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every 80 words to me sound like a total stupidity ^_^.
    But if we talk about keyword density then a 3-4% keyword density is good and totally safe.

ORZ, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no rule of thumb on the number of time or keyword density percent. If you are the content writer, then write it as a well structured 300 to 500 word document. To do the "SEO" of the document requires the knowledge of what the keyword phrases' competitors have done.

I'm have been doing this for years; Google wants quality content but does not reward those that create it. With the proper inbound links, we can rank garbage documents with 3 keyword phrases in it.

But to find a content writer that can write and is concerned about SEO, I say "Learn On-Page SEO" and get your hands on a copy of IBP ( h ttp://www.ibusinesspromoter.com/ ). Run it against the page you have written and you will see where you should have added or removed keywords.

Then sell youself to the Marketing Agencies as a SEO Copy Writer. They are very hard to find. And a little bit of HTML programming would help.

And I tell ours, 1 keyword phrase per paragraph.

catanich, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. shinzo159

shinzo159 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess a keyword for an 80 words is not enough. When you do some write ups, you should also consider that readers would gain something for it. You can't just post and post. Do you know about SEO Solutions?

shinzo159, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  5. AOCenteno

AOCenteno Peon

Best Answers:
    Andy,

I don't think there are any strict guidelines.....some methods work, other don't. But providing useful content that the search engines can find and index seems to be timeless.

AOCenteno, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  6. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tyler Banfield, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  7. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stop writing for search engines and start writing for readers, use a particular term as many times in the article as it is necessary to get the point across and no more. The more you are able to appeal to the reader, the better your site will be in future due to all the free links you will receive from avid readers and referral traffic.

yogesh sarkar, Oct 15, 2008 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  8. jawahar

jawahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    even i used to give such requirements to my writers.. But, many of my writers will not understand my requirement and the final copy that i receive will not be as per my SEO guidelines..

So, i have developed a tool for checking SEO, and have included a module especially for article writers. Now i will give just one requirement to my writers as "All articles must pass http://www.w3optimizer.com ", and there is no problem now !!

However, as per your question, for every 80 words is not good, it may be treated as a spam.

jawahar, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  9. icjackson

icjackson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like catanich's response, although all were good.

And thanks for that link, Tyler :)

You can learn a lot here just reading threads...

icjackson, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  10. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not strict guidelines. Just adopt the policy "Write for human not for search engines". And content is king. And interesting content always attracts visitors. If you use 7-8% keyword density then the content will be tasteless.

hem1234, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  11. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, using keyword density is 3-4% is good. :cool:

genuineseo, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  12. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    People say 3% is good but for a longer article, reduce it to 1.5% - really you don't want to get too much into this keyword density and start calculating words and to insert keyword after 80 words, stick to quality content only

poseidon, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  13. corporate.holiday.gifts

corporate.holiday.gifts Peon

Best Answers:
    how can 1 keyword for every 80 words be treated as a spam. the density in this case is only 1.25%?

i follow a simple rule when writing contents. i don't calculate using the density. i write for my readers. i make sure that for every paragraph i insert 1 keyword. that's it.

corporate.holiday.gifts, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  14. jawahar

jawahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats right!! It doesnt matter if your density is within limits!!!

jawahar, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  15. seo-neon

seo-neon Peon

Best Answers:
    some SEO are used in making 200-300 words for their article, and they must see to it that their keyword density must be 2%-4%...

seo-neon, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  16. dream_sonu

dream_sonu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we all know thats a game of keywords but its should be your themetic & proper places.

dream_sonu, Oct 16, 2008 IP