1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do ppl pay $2 $3 per unique copyscape passed article

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tonatoni, Oct 15, 2008.

Ok i know $2 $3 is too low for some ones Hours of hard work on content writing.

Buy Lets analyze it on marketing side for a webmaster.

Say you Pay the lowest $2 $3 per 500 word copyscape passed unique article

What do you expect to earn with it and how.

Say you posted that article to 100s of article directory and top 100 social bookmark site. Also in your site.

Do you think its going to earn you back at least $4 adsense adbrite clicksor cpc.

considering content is over saturated in web. And millions of billions of blogs and articles and content are indexed everyday.

How much you expect return of your investment per article and How.

Even if you get 200 visitor per article. Which i think is not easy to get. in 30 days.

I think its not enough to re-cover your $2 $3 investment?

Please somebody prove me wrong.

I know already popular website and website with traffic and rss reader can just post 1 article to their site and get more then $10 in cpc cpa.

But a new BLOG OWNER OR WEBSITE. How can they benefit with 500 word $2 $3 investment.

Hope you get my question.

tonatoni, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. MelogKnaj

MelogKnaj Guest

Best Answers:
    You are looking at it from the wrong angle. In terms of simple labor it costs at least $2-$3 to produce a 500 word article like that.

EDIT: Also "content is over saturated on the web"? That's what the web is, content, you can't oversaturate it.

MelogKnaj, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    New blog/website won't become popular and earn big money if it is empty. And content has to come from somewhere. Spam won't earn you any visitors, so you need articles that can be read/appreciated/used by readers.

Eventual benefits, like a child growing up to be a man or a pregnancy producing a child.

lightless, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
    MelogKnaj I have sympathy to the writers. And know they deserve more for their labor

But I am asking as Online Marketer perspective

Nobody is going to Waste $2 $3 simply because to pay labor charges or sympathy.

If some marketer is purchasing something for his marketing tactic. He must generate profit out of it.

Simply paying for labor is going to help for plumbing work or electric repair work where you don't expect anything out of it. Just a service for your home.

But as a online marketer I am sure there should be some calculation going on in mind how to recover or make profit of $2 $3 YOU JUST SPEND.

5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean this is the design of future websites?
    http://www.cool.com/

No content. Content is useless anyway, right?

lightless, Oct 15, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  6. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    The issue is a lot of webmasters are too focused on the short-term and that is why they do not want to pay more for a high-quality article. If your paying 3$ or less for a 500 word article I can almost guarantee that you are going to get writing on a middle school level that basically involves researching the topic and then SLIGHTLY rewording the article.

I personally have talked to people that have bought 3$ articles and those that have purchased 20$+ articles. Which one generated more revenue in the long-run? The 20$+ articles. Why? Because they accomplish the purpose much more effectively than the cheaper article. For example, If you are buying content that attempts to sell product for a commission your conversion rate will be a lot higher.

Average Joe comes to your website and reads your article. Is he more inclined to purchase the product if he feels the person writing it is well informed, articulate, and provides a professional argument? Or is he more inclined to purchase the product if he feels like his 12 year old son could have written a better article?

DiscussNow, Oct 15, 2008 IP
    latoya likes this.
  7. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
    you mean to say they are paying it just for content charges?

Means i need good content in my site that is why i am paying $2 $3 even $20 per article|?

Like graphic design header cost? Or programming fees?

Not for using the article for marketing in Article directories and social bookmark sites to generate traffic and make return out of it?

hmm..

May be more people can clear this out

Main thing
    1. articles are just content?
    2. Or articles are for marketing and bringing traffic to a site?
    3. They are both.

Another thing.

1. I buy articles to make profit out of it
    2. I buy them just as good content. Don't think of money out of it. Growth of the site.

I am asking this as some people say

200 Articles on keyword research titles and good niche

can bring 1000 to 5000 visitors per day from article directories social sites and search engine.

1000 visitor * 2% ctr = 20 Clicks

10cents from adsense will earn $2 per day.

$60 month. May be some cpa or affiliate sale as well

200 articles will cost minimum 400 to 600 USD

400 to 600 USD investment

for $60 return?

Lastly its a
    Loss business?

Please answer this questions

Main thing 1 or 2 or 3

Another thing. 1 or 2

Lastly its a loss business? yes no?

8. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
  9. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, read my post above.

Your also thinking short-term. Investing 400$ and receiving 60$ a month is not a loss due to the fact that if 60$ a month is maintained for 8 months you make your money back and then start making cold profit.

Also, I am almost certain that few people here buy 200 articles and then toss them into their site and sit back and wait. I would assume it would go 10 articles at a time, you put up one every two days. You slowly build up your website and traffic should build up hand in hand.

10. mouacy

mouacy Peon

Best Answers:
    polisicko.com is using rss feed. I think.

mouacy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  11. Im The ONE

Im The ONE Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is still the King

Im The ONE, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  12. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
    DiscussNow
    yes but due to over saturation of content.

Now days a site cannot maintain $60 month just simply with 200 articles.

it dies after 2-3 month.

As more interesting stories come out on that topic in social sites or your search engine long term keywords are taken by someone new.

its not 1999 anymore.

How can you plan 8 Month profit out of 200 articles?

I like your post and respect your thoughts.

And you are much more longer in this line then I am.

But that is how we share and ask and debate things.

I am new and i have some new point of view. Thinking short term
    You are old in this line and may be you are talking about content that stays in google for years to come. Simply because some super natural author written it. But its not easy to get that sort of content for $2 to $20 range i guess.

So if the site traffic dies after 2-3 month.

Its a loss business? or i would correct it was loss investment on my part.. I just created a boo and spend my $400 $600 on some electric repair?

13. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a freelance writer myself (clear throat) I thought it would be a good idea to see if I was worth what people were paying me. I do not charge .01 cent per word. I charge .02-.03 cents per word, so I am a little more expensive than most writers on DP.

I created a blog back in December. I wrote a few articles just to get content on the site. All of articles pointed to one affiliate. I wrote 5 articles in December that were submitted to ezinearticles ONLY. After all this work, I have not touched the site.

To date I have made $560 from those articles. Let's take 15 500 word articles times .02 cents per word - $10x15=$150. $560-$150=$410.

I copied and pasted my stats below. Those 15 articles are still making money, though not near as much; only about $40 last month.

So yes, I am worth what people pay for me:D

Just remember, in choosing a content writer...you get what you pay for...

Report Filters

Time period 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 / 2005 2006 2007 2008 - 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 / 2005 2006 2007 2008

Summary
    Total Sales Page Hits: 278
    Total Order Page Hits: 368
    Total Sales: 28
    Total Refunds: 0
    Total Commissions: $ 560.00

Counts
    Approved Refunds
    Sales Page Hits 278 -
    Order Page Hits 368 -
    Sales 28

Commissions
    Approved Refunds
    Sales $ 560.00 $ 0.00

shkad14, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  14. DiscussNow

DiscussNow Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I was referring to tonatoni, just now you have proof :).

15. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi what was your niche for that blog. And what sort of affiliate program you used (CPA OR PAY PER SALE)

Was it click bank e-book/membership or Some solid network like CJ.com or cpa offer network like copeac.

Just thinking may be you got lucky and was first to write about that stuff when it came out.

16. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im not going to give my affiliates away :cool:

Did I get lucky? I dont think so. I only ended up selling 28 or so. That is not alot.

I get paid per sale.

I did a similar test with an adsense blog. I got good traffic, but it would have taken a lot more articles to be any kind of a success in the form of money.

I would use articles to market affiliate products. I wouldnt use them for adsense revenue, but they are a good way to get quick traffic.

shkad14, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  17. tonatoni

tonatoni Peon

Best Answers:
  18. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles can have many purposes. I think that the main purpose of an article is content on your site, you cannot have a website without content. The trickiest part is finding a niche that is not over saturated.

Articles can also provide traffic and backlinks, which will help bring your website traffic (SEO) and in the long run money.

jaredgravatt, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  19. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like someone else said, they are too short-sighted to realize they could make a lot more if they invested in high quality content.

They think that investing as little as they can on content will increase their profits. In theory, it would, but in reality low-priced content is also low-quality and too often doesn't produce results.

latoya, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  20. jaredgravatt

jaredgravatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't even consider purchasing an articl valued at under $15. I have purchases some brilliant articles for $20 + and would more than happily do it again.

jaredgravatt, Oct 15, 2008 IP