1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just got owned by Kontera

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by azn_romeo_4u, Oct 14, 2008.

I removed their ads from my website for two weeks.

Now I won't be getting my payment...lol, first payment too. This is not a complaint about them.

So this is warning to webmasters, read the TOS for all networks.

azn_romeo_4u, Oct 14, 2008 IP
    ickle likes this.
  2. digitalpoint50

digitalpoint50 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello, Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

I have never heard of Kontera. But note taken of your comment. Kontera is on my shit list now, they can eat a d*ck for that type of disclaimer

Kind Regards,
    -chrisjones

digitalpoint50, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, hilarious that they think they can demand repayment. Hey, I have my own TOS that says they have to kiss my ass and I might let them put their stupid ads on my website, but only if they kiss it really good.

geomark, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. Shaz07

Shaz07 Member

Best Answers:
    I applaud you for not coming here and throwing a tantrum when you violated the TOS. Most people go insane when they broke the rules themselves and try to blame the networks.

Shaz07, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  5. ickle

ickle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bit late, but thanks for alerting us. A lot of people are starting to switch to Infolinks and may not be aware of this. I was going to just switch, without telling them, when i reached my threshold. That would have been a bad idea by the look of things!! So thanks :D

ickle, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  6. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand that they want to keep track of their potential audience, but 2 months seems a little excessive.

joebert, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  7. cristlegirl

cristlegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I never knew about that. I guess I need to read the tos better. I haven't made much from them so I will probably be switching over to something else this week.

cristlegirl, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  8. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes we have to find out the hard way... but to be honest.. we do the work for them showing the ads on our pages, and then if you happen to choose not to show it for a brief period....

Grit., Oct 26, 2008 IP
  9. Tempera

Tempera Banned

Best Answers:
    lol love the title, it's kinda rare someone will use owned on forums like this, especially in the title.

Thanks for pointing this out to people, though having a clause like that in their ToS is ridiculous

Tempera

Tempera, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  10. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems they start you out at about $0.30 a click to keep you interested and then a month later you're down to $0.01-$0.02 a click on the same content.

joebert, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  11. digitalguitar

digitalguitar Active Member

Best Answers:
    People shoult read the TOS before joining any program like this, they might get banned without a warning.

digitalguitar, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  12. mika.kontera

mika.kontera Guest

Best Answers:
    This is Mika from Kontera. It is important to mention that this rule in the TOS was not created on a whim.
    An advertising network has obligations to advertisers as well as publishers. Our advertisers require monthly traffic projections in order to calculate their budgets and the ROI for those campaigns. When Kontera publishers pull their tags without notice, our traffic predictions fall short, and Kontera is financially responsible for making up the difference to our advertisers.

mika.kontera, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  13. DanLar75

DanLar75 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you breach the TOS, you don't get paid! Not like rocket science here guys! I am MORE than pleased with Kontera, just wish I would get a reply on my Kontera Hybrid application!

DanLar75, Oct 27, 2008 IP