1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low PPC this weekend

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Vic, Feb 1, 2005.

I noticed some very low pay per click from adsense. Normally the $ amount for the clicks are much higher. I didn't even think it could get so low. :mad:

Anybody else had the same thing happening?

Vic, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope not here- how many different sites do you run adsense on?

schlottke, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  3. Uno Rank

Uno Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not on my end, the PPC rate is still sustained (has been that way for quick a few weeks now).

Perhaps a few bottom feeder bidders have joined your list of targeted keywords, try adding them to your URL filter list.

Uno Rank, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  4. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Sunday was fairly slow.

Infiniterb, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    yesterday was abnormally slow and the previous two days were a little off.

chachi, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  6. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    I just came in here to post about this...lol Thank Chachi for pointing this out.

Seems the CPM in dropping as my ranks have. I know sean had a thread on this, so not gonna rehash.

But wanted to complain about the CPM. Getting record traffic and 1000's of Page views a day same CTR ranging from 7% to 12% (won't give ya spacifics and average...but is good double digit) courtesy of top rankings in Y and M and G is crappin out on the Dollars apparently giving me the bottom feeder adv. down to like I I cents - can't tell ya the exact number, but super low today and yesterday.... Based on overature, this is lower end of bid big time for my KW's, about 20% higher than the cheapest bid and just wrong for such high targeted high traffic kw's.....

I sent them a nasty little message about this and the sandbox and outside control and these guys getting highly targeted traffic courtesy of #1 rankings on MSN and Yahoo and included visitor feedback (didn't think people actually filled these out...lol) about how great the site is....so.... Lets see if G pumps the level up.... Those rotten bastards.

lol

Ok, rant over....lol

gchaney, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  7. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have about ten sites running with adsense and all of them were hit with low ppc. Especially Sunday was low.

Thanks Wordsense, that's a good idea I haven't tried out yet.

Today however it seems that things turned around with double the amount I normally do in a day. I have to wait to see the stats until tomorrow but the traffic looks even a bit lower then usally.

Overal I see a decrease in ppc over the last months.

Thank you all for sharing your story.

Victor

Vic, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  8. fromkhun

fromkhun Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope, this is the best time of the year for me...I'm in flower business and it's a valentine...

fromkhun, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  9. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Low numbers over the weekend for me too. I saw something about adsense being down / really slow for a period of time, but I can't remember where.

nevetS, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  10. yisou

yisou Banned

Best Answers:
    I think there must be region difference on adsense.In the morning I found I have owned a lot,but in the evening I found the earning is not increased but decreased a lot.

yisou, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  11. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Last weekend was one of the best I've ever had and the $$$ just keeps getting higher and higher. It's not like I'm rich now or anything, but each month, the revenue generated is higher than the month previous. At this rate, I'll be past the $1k a month mark in a month or two :)

As long as I keep adding good content, and the visitor numbers keep climbing, the sky is the limit.

mopacfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  12. EJNBell

EJNBell Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at ProjectResponder.com and I can't see how you send Google your Client_ID. The code appears just to call up the .js page.

How do you do it?

Regards,

Noel

EJNBell, Feb 4, 2005 IP