1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site has 600+ backlinks that don't exist??

Discussion in 'Websites' started by debunked, Feb 3, 2005.

Trying to figure something out - this website when searched on google for backlinks gives a nice list of sites but when you check the sites none of them actually have links to this guys site. To top it off he redirects and even the cache on MSN.com can't be viewed - could someone tell me what he did to get these supposed backlinks? It seems verrrrry strange or even black hat if you ask me...

google link search on site

debunked, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a neat trick. I noticed none of those pages are cached tho

mopacfan, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  3. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd suspect that the sites linking in probably present different pages when a crawler comes knocking. kind of skanky if that's what's going on...

wkw, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is it some sort of black hat network of sites that all give links shown to the engines? This thing is strange.

Can anyone get the actual cache off of MSN of the site in question? I can't?

debunked, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  5. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I have seen this done before for some real estate sites. They have a list of links that are placed into a database, and when the SE spider comes in depending on which one it is shows that spider that cloaked section of the DB. Some guy here in Las Vegas took that samething and had 6 of the top 10 sites for the primary search phrase for our industry, until he was caught, now he is ban on several SEs.

Las Vegas Homes, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  6. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't see any cache results for ANY SITE on MSN, so it isn't just the cache of that site being hidden. Try looking for the cache of your own sites that you know should be there.

nadlay, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  7. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wkw, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  8. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey "Las Vegas Homes" search MSN for real estate, realestate, property, or many other high traffic real estate related terms. Some guy from your area (realestate-vegas .com) has cheated his way to #1 for all of those terms in MSN.

Do a site: search for his website. It's all the same page duplicated... and in google it's duplicated approx 56k times.

cgo85, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  9. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a "Bill Gates" win-at-any-cost strategy. Don'tcha love it. :mad:

wkw, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  10. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    LMAO this guy is cloaking the you know what out of this site, he even has a page thats called sitemap for bots along with a regular sitemap. MSN only shows him with 147 pages, however he is running a cloak program which would only take sending MSN a complaint...I think it is funny, and if you look at some of the pages they are all messed up and you cant read the text.

His postion is short lived lol. Most of the pages that is being created is by a cloaking program that slips my mind right now, but its all BS pages. He shows like 40k plus pages in google with no descriptions or caches. I am not worried he will be gone probably within the nest few days. MSN is very good about updating and indexing new pages very fast, so I will say with a quick email to them, he is gone.

Thank you for the heads up. I didnt even bother to look at his site when he hit that position. BTW from my DC he is # 2 for the primary searched phrase. PS he is also redirecting to .(search-las-vegas-real-estate.com) plus several other domain names..lol I didnt think someone could be that stupid.

That has to be the worse job of cloakingI have ever seen. This is the report that was sent to MSN

The website that is found under this query http://beta.search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=las+vegas+real+estate&FORM=QBHL

Look at the number 1 and number 2 ranked site which is (search-las-vegas-real-estate.com) and (realestate-vegas.com) Look at the cache for both websites they are the same. Also I believe if you dig further you will see this website is cloaking depending on what bot visits the site, refer to the page (realestate-vegas.com/botsitemap.htm) and see what it resolves to.

11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When you copy the content of a site to a different domain you are highly likely to show their PR and their backlinks without them pointing to that domain.

Mike

Blogmaster, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  12. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah but several of those pages are redirecting, and they have a page set up for the bots to be directed to depending on the bot, they were not even smart enough to hide it that well.

13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    haha ... I'm looking at it now, I assumed it was the same thing I saw before ;)

Blogmaster, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  14. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    That is truly the funniest thing I have ever seen a real estate site try to do. Also putting that aside the pages dont load correctly either on some of the urls. I would say they have a cloaking program running that creates dynamic pages as well. I know of no real estate site that has over 40k pages other than maybe Realtor (dot) com but no real estate agent website lol

15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually it could assuming there is a way to pull data out of MLS on the fly. I am sure it is possible. I have not played with the MLS db in a long time (used to do a lot of realty sites when we did design work), but I am pretty sure if you did that you could certainly dynamically create tens of thousands if not millions of pages. I'll have to give that a try some time for fun.

Mia, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  16. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    That is not what they did however, they have all these pages being created from a cloak program and all the BLs they have come from a resturant sites that have layers hidden with links back to these websites. There is no Realtor website that will rank for just the term real estate as # 1 , the MSn index has over 100 million pages index for that and those sites are number 1 as well.

I know the person who has seod this site and they were ban by google many months ago for cloaking and also in Yahoo and now it looks like they will be in MSN as well. This should be a good example of what to expect from MSN on how they handle these websites.

Las Vegas Homes, Feb 5, 2005 IP