1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Threads - Freebies or Web Hosting Forum?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by andreu155, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    On occasion I post in the Web Hosting Forum - and it so happens that it always get's moved to the freebies forum. 2/3 times this may have been arguable - as I was running a promotion ... however my most recent thread:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=9475088#post9475088

was just moved. Now, I've also received an infraction for this ... I don't think it's too just. That specific thread can belong nowhere else other than the web hosting forum - I can't see how it could.

I'm posting this in the Web Hosting Forum, just in case the mod that removed it is the one assigned to this specific forum. Sorry, I haven't gotten to know any of you - I'm a bit new!

Anyways, if I am, in fact, wrong ... would anyone mind explaining to me how it works?

andreu155, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  2. seedingrules

seedingrules Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    anything that is starting from $5 or less, goes into freebies, anything higher than $6 goes to web hosting area. ;)

so if u have hosting from $3.13, it goes in freebies, if u have hosting from $6 it goes to web hosting

seedingrules, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  3. andreu155

andreu155 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    aha! Thanks for that - I'll keep that in mind next time!

andreu155, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  4. circuitcity

circuitcity Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yeah seedingrules pretty much nailed it on the head, just as the rules, sticky state..freebie is for $5 > regardless. sorry that has happened to you.

circuitcity, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  5. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    LMAO, thats not even the saying - its "hit the nail on the head" rofl...

but yeah...i had that happen to me too - but i dont like that rule, if its web hosting it fits best here - if they are offering other cheap services, then put that at freebies...cant do much about it though

njoker555, Oct 13, 2008 IP
    r.macca19 likes this.
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If any of your packages listed are $5 or under (or barely over $5 solely to try to get around the rule - like $5.01 or some BS), the WHOLE THREAD belongs in Freebies. This is because you're now allowed to exchange iTrader on anything at that level or below, so any thread with those kinds of deals belongs in Freebies where that functionality is disabled. Don't like it? Split into two threads - $5 and under in freebies and the rest in a Web hosting thread.

Note: Making this sticky for a little while. Maybe it'll help the freebies rule sink in since that's one of the biggest problems in this section nowadays.

jhmattern, Oct 14, 2008 IP
    Namjies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.