1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Counter Thingy

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sosnmass, Oct 11, 2008.

Ok I am looking for something for my website I have no idea what it would be called or how to do it so I dont know even where to post it and feel this is the best place.

I would like a counter on my website that my readers can enter a number then it updates the main number.

IE the main number was 500 and they enterd in 12 then it turns to 512 on its own. Kind of like they have in fundraiser websites. If you know what this is called or how i get it please let me know.

Lourdes

sosnmass, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    do u want paypal donation tracker ??

Bohra, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  3. sosnmass

sosnmass Peon

Best Answers:
    No. See my website that i am making allows indiv. to go on the site and input how much they are owed for something...so I want them to bwe able to click on the counter then take them to a screen that allows them to put in the dollar value that they are owed...then it updates the main page counter...

Example

Year to date owed: $XX,XXX.XX and it constantly changes as people enter their own numbers.

Does that make any sense?

sosnmass, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  4. Abuntis

Abuntis Peon

Best Answers:
    You could do it fairly simply with php and mysql. Store the current value in the mysql database, when someone enters their new value, the form sends the value to a php file which gets the current value from the DB, adds on the new value, and writes it back into the DB (probably also want to check they haven't added a crazy value)

Abuntis, Oct 11, 2008 IP