1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Extended URL's in forums

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by VTTE, Oct 9, 2008.

VTTE, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    Magawr likes this.
  2. VTTE

VTTE Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone have any ideas?

VTTE, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  3. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    All forums have some kind of plugin to do this. But I personally think it's not needed. I think it looks kind of crappy/spammy and I even think it can harm your site (I've read about it somewhere). I use default URL's for my SMF forum and I rank pretty good. Forget the "seo" friendly URL's - it's useless. Look at DP's urls, they're default and DP constantly pops up in serps.

touchAshley, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    Logician likes this.
  4. VTTE

VTTE Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point - except that DP has been online for years, and new forums are constantly popping up.

VTTE, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course domain age helps. But count the number of webmaster forums that DO have seo friendly URL's and have been around longer than DP. I'm just saying that seo friendly url's do not play this ultimate role like so many people like to think so. It's over rated and the "benefit" of the url's is over exaggerated.

in my opinion..

hxxp://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1059661 looks better than: hxxp://forums.digitalpoint.com/general-chat/lol-hey-guys-can-you-suggest-me-plz/

touchAshley, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    Magawr likes this.
  6. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering yesterday about this very question too that has been posed, so thanks to Ashley for such an informative and useful answer / reply - rep added since you and the OP have both together saved me lots of time.

I appreciate your help!

Kindest regards

Mark - http://TheA1Forum.com

Magawr, Oct 9, 2008 IP