1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Financial crisis taking heavy toll on Adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by halonen, Oct 9, 2008.

1. dolin88

dolin88 Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will be affecting adsense. It is just one corporate bankruptcy and investor confidence drop dramatically. People are continuing viewing their favorite sites and making better websites.

dolin88, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  2. Vagabondette

Vagabondette Member

Best Answers:
    Um, you need to watch the news. People are still viewing websites, but businesses are the ones that pay for advertising. If the businesses are struggling then advertising will be cut.

And people are starting to struggle too which means that luxury consumer products will be less popular as people's disposable income drops.

Vagabondette, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Many of the businesses that advertise on my sites will be affected by this.

To be quite honest, there aren't many businesses that wont be affected by this "crisis".

Crazy_Rob, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. eniva

eniva Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what market you are in? Some will vary and change alot depending on the economy, others can flourish!

eniva, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Business owners can borrow money to operate their business, they will look to cut cost and advertising is one thing that they can quickly cut.

soniqhost.com, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. gzav

gzav Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah there is probably less of a demand for advertisements at a time like this, meaning advertisement prices may go down...

gzav, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  7. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone who thinks this wont affect them doesn't understand whats happening.

SEOibiza, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  8. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly... which is why I think this is going to end up as a comedy thread where people who are misinformed with economics are going to say things like the stock market crashing has nothing to do with my AdSense earnings.

I have noticed a huge decline in a couple niche markets in the last week. Revenue overall is down at the moment, and trying to figure out what to do in a worst case scenario (earnings crash) are going to be planned out this weekend.

Google's stock is starting to worry me as well... hopefully they don't cut the percentage of AdSense earnings in order to meet investor expectations.

HARD TIMES COMING AHEAD...

Fka200, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  9. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of my accounts which always performs dropped below $200 today. So yeah, sucky sucky.

But I guess it won't matter when the big crash comes. Gong to really suck when you lose everything and the banks collapse completely. I'm not cut out to be a farmer. But I am stocking up on things that I might need if it gets to that.

That means a lot coming from a guy who is a Billionaire and doesn't have to fight it out in the trenches actually working every day.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    discover likes this.
  10. edual200

edual200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think google paying a smaller percentage is an option, they dont over pay us because they just want us to have more money, they pay what they should so that we dont go elsewere and make our money.

Before the plane crashes of Sept 11 happened i had a couple of sites that made me about $25k per month give or take, after Sept 11 they went down to about $5k a month, if that can make one lose that much im sure this will have an affect also

edual200, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  11. gskesavan

gskesavan Peon

Best Answers:
    It might have an impact... but definitely slashing of prices can't happen that soon...

gskesavan, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  12. dolin88

dolin88 Banned

Best Answers:
    This is more like pearl harbour attack. anyway look on the bright side better websites are being made everyday, advertisers need to buy ads if they want good ROI and more internet connections are being made in less developed countries. Investors' confidence don't last and most are selling cuz everyone else is and they don't really know why its as quick and ungrounded as that whereas the research going on around the world to develop better connection, better websites, better advertising are long lasting and can rebound this temporary short term crisis.

dolin88, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  13. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i am sure it will decrease because marketing budgets to more or less companies will be decreased. no worries, it happens every now and then, most likely every 12 years

nandalinnaung, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  14. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I too have seen a decrease in Adsense earnings, primarily due to a traffic decrease. Actually, CPC per click has gone up, indicating that some of the smaller advertisers may be backing down and leaving the higher paying advertisers. But the decrease in traffic has meant an overall decrease in revenue.

stackman, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  15. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I really hate that word crisis. Markets go up and markets go down. Markets must correct from time to time in order to separate the chaff from the grain so to speak. The %^%##%% politicians are doing nothing but delaying the inevitable and therefore making it worse. I have seen worse in in my 60+ years.

My real regret is that the timing is bad and we aren't cashed up to take advantage of the situation. When fear reigns supreme is the time to buy.

Oh yes Adsense. I am down about 65%. Traffic and impressions are about normal but...

The above is strictly MHO based on life experiences.

Harkster, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  16. Parka

Parka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There might be some impact.
    But I think the pool of advertisers with Google should be big enough to offset some of the impact.

Parka, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  17. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    my revenue and cpc has gone down by about 30% on a daily average for this month..

yep

30% less each day.... that sucks bad. Last month was great and this month sucks :(

Motter, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  18. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here, down about 40% (eCPM fallen, not traffic)

I'm hoping that a lot of advertisers have pulled their ads as a 'gut reaction' while they see what happens and will start campaigns again sooner rather than later (ie months rather than years), but I won't bet on it.

In principle companies should increase marketing spend when times are tough...but not many do.

Now, where did I put that 'Plan B'?

Rasputin, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  19. spinx

spinx Banned

Best Answers:
    My most worries is whether Google can stand the heat. What I know Google strength is base on it's share market. And share market is base on speculation. Many big players in the stock market are mainly buying shares from money that they get from loans. So the domino effect will definitely indirectly effecting Google. :(

I believe many companies will do what ever they can to keep as much cash for them self as they can. Especially if they are listed in stock market. Because for all this while their strength is based on their shares which is just a virtual money. No hard cash in place. Like Google their hard cash comes from advertisers and bank loans. And loans can only be viable if their stock is good. But now that the stock is effected and banks have less money to offer for loan, so where else do you think would they get their money from? And who will be sacrificed for such needs? I would think the publisher like us will. We'll get smaller stake in our AdSense earning. Furthermore, who has the guts to audit them, even if we could, can it be traced. :(

spinx, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  20. buzzmaker

buzzmaker Peon

Best Answers:
    It may affect indirectly but I don't think it will affect only a few users and that too soo sooon!

May be your niche is such that the advertisers have cut up their budget on adwords. It has to affect google and other Big institutions in a big way before it reaches all the others. Just the stock price of google and other companies won't affect adsense earnings. As far as small bloggers like me are concerned, they will hardly notice any change.

buzzmaker, Oct 10, 2008 IP