1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

News: Republican Morale Low - DP P&R Section Suffers

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GeorgeB., Oct 8, 2008.

Where are all the conservatives defending McCain for using smear and fear in the middle of an economic crisis?

What happened to all the Bush supporters?

I mean cmon guys cheer up. McCain was the ONLY candidate who stood a chance of even making this close. (ironically that's because he was more middle of the road than conservative back in 2000)...... But he did his best didn't he? Can't you give him some support in P&R for that?

Sure he screwed up chose to use the most important decision in his candidacy to select a walking political gimmick in a skirt. And pretended to suspend his campaign and go help fix the economy. But at least he's entertained us with some of the biggest hail mary moves in political history.

Sure Bush has been a complete nightmare and I can understand why all those that used to support him here in the forums don't want to talk about him anymore.... But it's getting to the point where you guys just don't seem proud of your choice in candidates anymore. And I'm concerned.

GeorgeB., Oct 8, 2008 IP
  2. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Mighty kind of you.

Why don't you put $10.00 in my Paypal account and I'll feel a whole lot better. I'll even drink one for you!

jkjazz, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  3. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not over people. Not even close.

LogicFlux, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Candidates do not choose Vice's, Campaign Managers do. It's not about who's the best, but about who brings more votes.

Just my 2 cents. :)

scubita, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just saw McCain Palin in a town hall meeting (funny how he seems to try to be everywhere she is) talking about abortion.

They talked about everything except what they think of a woman's right to have an abortion. LOL. As McCain would say.... "remarkable".

They talked about how we need to "change the culture" in this country. They went on to say how we have to "show compassion" for these women in "this situation".

I guess that means show compassion so long as it doesn't mean giving her the right to choose?

I mean sure, trying to talk the women into giving up the baby instead of having an abortion seems like the noble thing to do. But let's not forget people........ if it were up to them and you get at what they REALLY feel about abortion, they don't want women to have that right to make the decision in the first place. And if it were up to them there would be no talks..

GeorgeB., Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, the campaign manager's are in charge of getting the list whittled down to a handful of candidates and how thoroughly they are vetted. The candidate makes the final decision.

Let me help you with get a better grasp of that concept by asking you a simple question.

Is it your belief that when they decided to pick Palin they told McCain to STFU and sit in a corner?

Or do you believe he had final say in the VP pick after being advised and lobbied by his campaign managers?

GeorgeB., Oct 9, 2008 IP
  7. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    No reason to ridicule them on this point.

The real question is, "Is it a person?". Looks like McCain and Palin think it is. Don't even try to paint them as stupid for their beliefs. If you can live with yourself after killing your son or daughter, then who am I to stop you. I've just had too many kids and grandkids to see it any other way.

McCain and Palin think the baby should have a choice also.

jkjazz, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A) There was no ridicule there. You jumped to that conclusion on your own. A little defensive if you ask me.

B)
    Thanks, you just made a good argument for abortion rights and a woman's right to do so or not. Solidifying my point. Even the pro-lifers are starting to come around and realize that. And I commend you.

GeorgeB., Oct 9, 2008 IP
  9. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey George,

Let's not play those damn semantic games. Your post looked as if you were ridiculing the prolifers.

No need for me to be defensive. Yeah, I'm one of those stupid people that try to see both sides. My only point of contention with your post was that fact that it appeared that your were ridiculing them for their beliefs.

We all know how to ridicule just using the tone of our statements.

Abortion is such a sensitive subject. The two groups that I hate most are the prochoice organizations and the prolife organizations. Both groups absolutely refuse to see the other side.

Edit
    I just realized that you had edited this statement from your original post:
    "The "is it a person" question is so subjective that it can never be solved because everyone has a different opinion on that and always will. Some pro-lifers love to hang on to that instead of discussing the question we can actually answer. A woman's right to have an abortion or not."

That question is not enough. If we ask the question; "Will the baby choose to live or die." then we even the playing field. I mean really, doesn't a woman have 50 different choices to prevent pregnancy? Doesn't really seem right that the baby should die because mom wasn't prepared.

*Insert appropriate disclaimers

jkjazz, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  10. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    McSame/apPalling is a continuing disaster of fake Republicans and their failed policies! They are more of a disaster than Bush is, if there is such a thing.

guru-seo, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  11. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I still think the election is going to be close, but it is clear that Obama is in the lead at this point. McCain just hasn't done enough to get himself away from the "Bush association" or being clear on his economic plans. I still support him for other issues, but I pride myself on being a realist and right now McCain isn't winning.

PHPGator, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  12. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI whatever other issues you support him on are not as important as the ones that 99.9% of Americans are facing. It's the economy stupid!

guru-seo, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  13. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    guru, I don't think I have hardly talked to you before. I've seen you banned on more than one occasion. Lets refrain from the name calling, okay?

You are absolutely right, the economy is important. When did I say it wasn't?

PHPGator, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  14. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    What I said it's a famous quote. Not sure how old you are or where you live, but you can learn more about it?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

guru-seo, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And you sir are trying to force ridicule in the wrong direction in order it seems to fain outrage.

I clearly, absolutely and unmistakably in the following quoted line was ridiculing their complete hypocrisy in claiming to want compassion for the woman when leaving out the little fact that if it were up to them she wouldn't even have a choice.

So unfortunately for you and your misplaced outrage..... that was the only LOL worthy line in that entire post. And every other line somberly supported it.

As for the rest, I edited it out ironically because after I posted about how subjective the "is it a person" question is I realized you'd likely try to turn this into an argument over that and it's pointless because it is subjective!

You didn't let me down though. You followed up with yet another subjective question "would the baby choose to live". Now putting aside the obvious sensational intent of that question, I am unfortunately for you a person who can think logically. Because when you think logically not only do all your physically impossible hypothetical what ifs begin to bore me. But they just lead to even more subjective round and round questions.

Did I lose you? Here let me explain.... a few split cells, and or a fetus depending on it's level of development doesn't even have a brain or the mental capacity to make that decision. But of course, then we get to get into when the fetus is developed enough to have a brain... and around round we go huh? :D Just be honest and come out and say what you want to say. You think God will be angry and you and put you in timeout right?

Trying to super-impose the identity of a mature rational person with that mental capacity onto some splitting cells is your way of trying to make something more than what it is. And it's about as desperate as the McCain campaign right now.

So you keep dealing in hypothetical what ifs because you can't actually form a logical argument for your position. Keep on throwing out impossible yet heart tugging ideological questions to keep the waters muddy. Me, I'll just take it for what it is.... Either you think a woman should have the right to an abortion or you don't. Once you make that decision then we can talk about at what point the fetus becomes a person so long as you're not blocking the woman's right to choose in the mean time.

You try to lump pro-choice and pro-life as 2 extremes. Fact is most pro-choice people are willing to compromise and put a limitation on what term the fetus can be aborted. Pro-life people want no abortion, period because they think at conception it's a person.

GeorgeB., Oct 9, 2008 IP
  16. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    There's an awful lot of nasty in that post, George. Not sure we need that or if I deserve it.

You spent a small amount of time explaining that you were actually ridiculing their statement? OK.

The rest seemed to be an attempt to argue about the feasability of two cells having a choice? Just going for the condensed version here. Point taken.

My thinking is actually that Roe v Wade was close. Roe v Wade is against abortions in the 3rd trimester except in the case of medical emergency. Third trimester starts in week 28 of 40. I would prefer to back that up about 6 or 7 weeks. Why? Medical science now offers a very good chance of survival for babies born as early as 24 weeks.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7390522.stm

If a mom makes it to 20 weeks without an abortion, why not wait a few weeks and give junior a chance? There sure are plenty of couples looking for babies.

Your thoughts?

jkjazz, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  17. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The times are certainly a changing George.

The DP "Crazy Gang" have pretty much thrown in the towel, and they threw the towel in a long time ago (2 of them are even banned lol).

Couple the disastrous Bush tenure with McCain and it's not very good at all, very difficult for them to get behind their Republican nomination when he is going to get battered in the election, partly down to Bush and his administration that have damn near ruined the world and partly down to McCain being utterly unelectable.

Either way I think we'll see a lot less of the "Crazy Gang" in DP P&R, especially after the election.

AGS, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  18. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    pizzaman, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  19. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably not. You forget that if you win, everything he does will be your fault! ;)

jkjazz, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  20. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL you obviously haven't seen my posts from a couple of years ago in P&R, I'm not a Democrat supporter! Both parties are as bad as each other it is just that Obama will be less bad than McCain. In a 2 party system it is very difficult for anything good to happen because it is either one group of idiots in power or the other group of idiots in power, it's a flawed system.

I'm glad that Americans are leaning towards Obama because if McCain and Palin get in it could pretty much signal the end of the world.

AGS, Oct 9, 2008 IP