1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

for a astore should I target USA market or UK market???

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by cri8bat, Oct 5, 2008.

Hi all

I am thinking to open a aom astore within a week or so...
    But now I got some questions.

1- I am a UK amazon affiliate, so when a customer cames to my website and image he is from USA so will he see the prices in £ or in $ ???

And if it is in £ then should I register to USA amazon???

2- for PPC should I target USA maket or UK market????

3- How good is aom to get rank?

oh and I also have another question, is there any other good script better then AOM???

thank you all :)

cri8bat, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  2. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you don't mean aStore if you are talking about AOM (you mean Associate-o-matic, right?)

I've never used AOM, but as I understand it, you can only set it up for one Amazon country - UK, US or whatever. It would be the same as for an aStore - I don't think you meant aStore, but anyway it's a similar principle. For an Astore, you can only create an Astore which is linked to a particular country Amazon site, either UK, COM, or whatever. Also, you can only create a UK Astore through your UK affiliate control panel, with items shown in ££ and dispatched from the UK. To create a COM/US Astore, you have to create a US affiliate account and create a different aStore with items from US Amazon and prices in $$ and your US affiliate code. There is no geo-targetting possible, and anyway, each aStore has your country-specific affiliate code as part of the URL.

The same with AOM - you set it up for one country and the prices and items all come from that Amazon site.

I don't do PPC, but if I understand the question right then you will create a UK aStore in £ and target the UK using your PPC, though I am not sure PPC is a good idea for Amazon, or aStores - the ROI is probably pretty bad.

As for ranking - you probably mean how likely is Google going to send you lots of traffic? The answer probably is "not much" unfortunately. There are too many generic Amazon sites around. You need to do something pretty original with it to get any significant interest from search engines, or find some really cool niche, and I am not sure AOM can be customized to that extent. However, in answer to your last question, AOM is probably as good as any generic script... If it's not good enough then the answer is... write your own!

markowe, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    cri8bat likes this.
  3. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for answering all of my questions :)
    reputation added :)

cri8bat, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, all the best! I haven't found it all that easy to sell stuff with Amazon, but there are people out there making loadsamoney with it...

markowe, Oct 9, 2008 IP