1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are they beatable??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rome9t9, Oct 8, 2008.

I am targeting a keyword phrase but i have few competitors. i have collected the stats for them. i would like you to analyse the data i have given here so that you can tell if they are beatable or not.

Data:
    Competitors: pages from amazon, bestbuy,yahoo shopping.

PR: ranges between 4-5.

Keyword density: In metatags: 20%
    In meta description: 15%
    In title: 20%
    In Body: 0%, yes its zero!!!

So do your think i can beat them and climb to top spot??

rome9t9, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  2. getafreeseo

getafreeseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can compete if you have a team to work on that as you want to compete with Giants so you need a small army for that + a lil bit of brain , like i have a group of 65 and we rule India in SEO terms

getafreeseo, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  3. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply. I also want to point out that the pages have less than 5 yahoo baclinks.

rome9t9, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    competition with them guys .. hmm To be realistic the first thing you probably chec kis the value of those keywords to those companies. (example, if the keyword is 'books' ..then places like Amazon will fight you tooth and nail.) Also assume that their PR rank doesn't show the fact that all search engines probably automatically consider them part of the 'good neighborhood' network. That alone makes their PR 3 ..equivalent to your PR 5 or 6 depending. Understand that their traffic ranks will immediately obliterate you. (Yahoo has an Alexa ranking of friggin 1) Amazon has a traffic ranking of 33 and site PR of 8.

If these keywords you're looking to get SERPs for are less valued words..not in theose companies direct line of sight on their highway..then I think you could get those keywords fairly well ranked. If those keywords are their main keywords ..then I don't see it realistically possible for you to push them under you. BUT!~ ... there's always #2 SERP so even if you don't make the #1 , or #2 , or #3 spot ..you could still make #4 on the search engines - that is the good side of the pros and cons of competing with mega-corps. Because if you get into a strategy of competing with those sites, then it will make comopeting with anyone else seem like you're stepping over them. So in my opinion, yes its good and good practice to compete with sites that are a lot bigger than you..because it forces you to be innovative with strategies. The cons of the down side is- if those sites want those keywords bad enough at any point, they could easily basically virtually nuke you. lol:)

You will probably be able to grab all the long phrase keywords , since many of sites that big dont bother with them directly, they instead seem to leave them as crumbs , or they wait for the search engines to just sort them out on their own from their sites text and other peoples backlinks to them.

Can you make your keyword into another name? - the new rge it seems with the big corporates that dont want to spend tons of money competing all the time with all of us , they have begun creating words .. example words like Twitter, and strange words. (not that Twitter is a big corp but..the word is a good example) If you can make a strange word that you know you'll have #1 SERP for ..BUT, then if you can mass plaster and post and nlog and advertise and create a Internet buzz word for that strange word.. THEN.. you are guaranteed to get #1 for your word ..and if you have a Patent / Copyright, Trademark etc for legal protection of that word.. then you have a much more realistic chance of bringing them under you in the SERPS.

That's my opinion on it anyway..but good luck :D

ezprint2008, Oct 9, 2008 IP
    rome9t9 likes this.
  5. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks ezprint.
    actually the keyword are not so popular like cell phones/mp3 players/books. they are 2-3 letter phrases.
    I guess i can do it.

Thanks for the motivation.:D

rome9t9, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. macca81625

macca81625 Peon

Best Answers:
    if all your competitors have a pr of 4 + 5 its guna b difficult, but its still achievable.

what you need is high quality links, really really good on page seo, and good content, 4 competitors tho, 10 results on the 1st page, if google finds your alot more relevant to that keyword, then it is achievable

macca81625, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  7. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    yes theyre beatable.

how much money have you got?

SEOibiza, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  8. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    ummm..just $9..:D

rome9t9, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  9. PaoloPinkel

PaoloPinkel Peon

Best Answers:
    from the facts you provided, it doesn't seem too hard to try.

PaoloPinkel, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  10. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    anybody else notice this? so much for content is king eh? a highly optimised HTML framework with good PR and good domain trust is king it would seem ;).

yes they're beatable but it will take time and depend how far you are away from that at the moment.

SEOibiza, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  11. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    rome9t9, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  12. xander1083

xander1083 Banned

Best Answers:
    well if you will compete with a strong website you must get some workers to work on your site 3 good linkbuilder and 1 seo master would do. not to mention you will need a good content provider.

xander1083, Oct 9, 2008 IP