1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So I wrote like a 300 page e-book about investing in domains (very detailed)

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by SunHunter, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Pm's sent and received:

Today, 6:37 am
    Grunt

SunHunter is on a distinguished road
    Send a message via MSN to SunHunter
    Re: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1055276
    Not a chance, sorry. I already have a group of friends that are professional writers who can do that for me.

Please GTFO with your unsolicited spam PM's or I will report you to a mod.

Get a life...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magawr
    Hello

Would you like me to proof read your domain e-book / manuscript for you?

Feel welcome to let me know.

I'm a very avid writer myself and already have fairly heavy involvement in the domain industry.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Mark

Where is the name calling and flaming? You are being ridiculous.

You asked for assistance with this thread, I offered to give you a hand without any charge whatsoever and in reply I get an exceedingly rude reply from you.

Does make one question the wisdom of ever offering to help others here for free, if such an offer is simply thrown back in your face again with rudeness etc.

All I was trying to do was help you, nothing more and nothing less.

I think it must be you that needs to go and get a life, not me. :rolleyes:

Magawr, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  2. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just saw a similar thread that is a few years old with a really good idea.

Write a few articles and submit them to domain related web sites accepting articles, or ezine or similar, but do you guys think this would work for domain names?

mag...why don't you post the PM you sent me in reply?

The rudest thing I said was to get the frig out, not F off, oh and I said I don't want to deal with children...wow

This thread is to accumulate ideas of what to do with my book, you could have PM'd those, not to beg for a review copy *ahem to help me*

SunHunter, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  3. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't looking to give you a review, I was merely offering to help you, that is all.

For that I got a right mouthful from you.

In return I called you a bloody idiot, which likely is not far from the truth.

If you actually read through my posting history, you would see that I have a very great knowledge of the domaining industry, as for begging you to review your so called book, I hardly think so, I've never given reviews here for anyone, ever. You just make stuff up.

On ignore you go, good riddance, with your terrible attitude problem.

Magawr, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  4. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    I wrote an ebook on domains, therefore I am sure I have at least an okay amount of knowledge on the subject.

Please don't flame my threads, just move on. I never said you beg for reviews here but asking to see a copy of my ebook to "proofread" it...why? Don't you think I have most of that stuff covered?

My PM box is only open to solicited PM's!!! All spam PM's will be reported to a mod.

5. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with mag on this one, the guy simply offered to proofread your ebook for you. It would have been just as simple to say "No thank you, I am not interested at this time", instead of telling him to GTFO, whatever that means. If he had then persisted then you could have told him whatever you want.

This is a community, and people PM each other all the time. You ask for help, people will offer it, not always in the way you expect, all you have to do is (politely) say no to the offers that don't interest you. He didn't spam you, didn't offer to sell you anything, just offered help.

I don't see how offering to proofread is synonymous to asking for a review copy.

I'm not trying to flame your thread or attack you, I just think you're not helping your DP reputation with this kind of attitude. Ease off, and don't view everyone as trying to rip you off or get something from you. Some people genuinely want to help, and you can say no thanks without being rude.

Oh, and one more thing. If someone sent you an UNSOLICITED PM offering to buy your ebook for $xx, xxx, would you report them to a mod?

Community... learn what it means, and be thankful for it.

einsteinsboi, Oct 8, 2008 IP
    steveb likes this.
  6. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would. My eBook is not for sale at the moment, as it is not prepared either. Maybe I will shoot for more than what he is willing to pay by marketing and selling it myself.

So what if some moron starts PM'ing people with threads like this and says they will proofread so they can get a free copy, or to go sell elsewhere as I never released it yet.

I select my friends, and my enemies. My list is already tallying up, but most are on the friend side, only three are on the enemy side (and one already got banned for the reason.)

Thanks for the input guys.

Thread is now closed

Any posts after this one are considered "unsolicited?"

7. scyth

scyth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to advise people of this guy i pm him a general enquiry about buying his book and he reported me for unsolicited mail

why on earth would u report someone who was interested in buying your book? at least i know never to buy off this guy in the future. Good manners cost nothing.

scyth, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  8. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    You contacted me because you saw this thread. In this thread I requested NO unsolicited PM's, yet you send one still. I never offered the eBook for sale, it's not even prepared for sale and I never 100% decided I am going to sell it.

Simple requests you can't follow, I suppose your watching infomercials right now too?

9. Raiko

Raiko Member

Best Answers:
    Feel free to put me on your enemy list as well. I certainly don't want anything to do with your ebook nor do I feel like adding anything constructive here despite my background in domaining.

Raiko, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  10. www.livesportz.com

www.livesportz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is your book and your choice !

www.livesportz.com, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  11. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say read up on seth godin's blog...he's a well known publisher..in many many areas.

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/

I personally don't know much but that's the best resource that I could provide here.

Gnet, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  12. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting to read in such a short space of time this OP is straightaway talking about making enemies at this forum, this I think speaks volumes about his general attitude.

He states that he never said that that I begged him for a review copy, yet reply number 22, his last line says something else altogether.

Then just above he states to someone else that he requested no pm messages, (reply number 28), yet his post number one, the original post makes no mention at all of anything to do with receiving no pm messages.

This poster is just blatantly rude obviously and is here to only stir up trouble.

He's received inquiries offering to help him and one person asking him how much the e-book costs.

Each poster that has tried to help him and his online business, his own success, this OP has been rude and aggressive towards them.

A word of advice for you Sunhunter.

When people try to help you, don't slap those people back in the face with lies and bullshit, don't be aggressive towards them, they could very well be very experienced bloggers etc etc amongst other young professionals that are simply doing their best at networking, hoping that via a bit of give and take, they can assist each other. That's what an internet forum is all about, i.e. a community of people trying to help each other. You would do better to bear this in mind in the future.

As regards flaming on your thread. The only person to have flamed this thread is yourself with your rather ugly attitude problem.

Think about it.

Mark Magawr

Magawr, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  13. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    Deleted, no sense lighting mark's fire

14. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    A quite charming attitude I'm sure, so this e-book, you don't want to run it past any experienced domainers in the industry, it's aimed at purely wet behind the ears newbie domainers who might fall for it?

That's essentially it in a nutshell.

Seen it all before, seen it all before young man. :rolleyes:

It's blindingly obvious that you are a faker, a scammer, they're the only ones that write with your style of communication, most experienced professional domainers could see that a mile off, for if you were writing with more honesty and integrity, your written style, your mind, would be commanding your fingers on your keyboard to write a little more eloquently and succinctly in professional business language, the fact that you do not, well, you give your own game away.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's scam artists.

Mark Magawr

Magawr, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  15. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    Deleted, no sense lighting mark's fire

16. ceemage

ceemage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I don't understand why you don't want to sell it yourself. Yes, you can sell it for {whatever a reasonable price} is to a Master Rights Reseller, and let them take the profit. But, equally, you can whip up a quick one-page website, do some low-cost promotion around the various webmaster forums, and keep the profit for yourself.

ceemage, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  17. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

einsteinsboi, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  18. mv5869

mv5869 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend selling it on ebay. You can get excellent results, but the downside is that you cant ask much money for it. ebooks sell there for up to about 15-20 GBP.

mv5869, Oct 9, 2008 IP