1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Direct Track?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008.

I heard from a mate that Direct Track shaves. Is this true? Since I am with quite a few companies who use it like CPALead etc. and quite a bit of the time I barely make anything one day and then the next day I make heaps with the same amount of traffic.

Can anyone clarify?

R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  2. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Direct Track is a tracking system. They don't make any money of your leads. They don't have a reason to shave.

RichUser, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah but I heard from a mate that Direct Track has a function to shave or something. Did some research:

http://uberaffiliate.com/affiliate-networks/affiliate-marketing-is-dirty/

I mean.. Yesterday I made heaps from one offer on CPALead and today I made nothing from it

Also, I'm not just pointing my finger at CPALead, it's just one of the closest examples I can relate to.

R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  4. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    I will agree that i do see massive fluctuations. And there HAS to be a delay in the lead processing. Because sometimes at the start of days i see leads converting at 125% :rolleyes:

Having said that i am unsure whether it is shaving or just delays. I mean they admit that direct track DID have an issue with delays in processing leads.

PeoplesArcade, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  5. Shaz07

Shaz07 Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of DT affiliates import leads, so they are not always Real-Time as they claim. Which is why sometimes you will see leads reporting late. I don't know if the shaving is any true, but the affiliates I work with I have a close relationship to so I know they wouldn't do that.

Shaz07, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    R-ampage likes this.
  6. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Just an update on what i see which may be similar to ramages. I had an offer yesterday. 60 clicks 9 leads. the day before i had similar. Today i get 34 clicks and 0 leads. Same amount of traffic to the site however.

But you would have to say that surely i should have got one lead. I can see it on other leads aswell. Its like just that ONE publisher is holding back its leads.

PeoplesArcade, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  7. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh really? Never knew that, thanks. What affiliate program are you with? My AM's never even talk to me :rolleyes:

R-ampage, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  8. www.buxincome.com

www.buxincome.com Guest

Best Answers:
    If anyone is shaving it is the CPA networks.

www.buxincome.com, Oct 8, 2008 IP