1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

faster loading pages...how to?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by chessyman, Oct 7, 2008.

seo gurus & designers plz advice whhat should i do to make blog pages load faster...can you guys tell me the problems of my pages...i am a newbie ...don't know much.
    .your help would be deeply appreciated.here is my blog link:
    http://homeofchess.blogspot.com

plz advice

chessyman, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To make your blog load faster, you would have to limit the use of graphics. Graphics take much longer to load than text. You simply have too many extra widgets/modules installed. When any of those widgets or images is hosted on another website, it takes even longer to contact a separate server. So if possible, you want most or all of your graphics hosted on your site. Your scrolling text scripts may slow things down too.

vansterdam, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. chessyman

chessyman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for your info friend...i was just thinking about reducing the no. of widgets....any other reactions from other members will be a nice welcome

4. SEMSpot

SEMSpot Peon

Best Answers:
    You have more widgets then you have content from the looks of it. Why do you use so many of them?

SEMSpot, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  5. drbones

drbones Peon

Best Answers:
    Your page is so cluttered with widgets and ads down the right column. I'd keep only the absolutely necessary ones and I'd rip that ugly PR badge off the top of your site.

drbones, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  6. chessyman

chessyman Peon

Best Answers:
    you are right...u know i am a newbie...so don't kow much...anyway down the right column i have mostly reciprocal linkback(which almost every blog dir's want to list my blog) from blog directories...it will be a bad idea to remove them now as they are giving me whatever little amount of traffic i get & the PR too....i will surely reduce the widgets.....i thought the PR badge would do a little good to me in attracting visitors!!!

7. chessyman

chessyman Peon

Best Answers:
    i will surely reduce some.....but coming back to the content ...my blog is just 2 months old....so not much content now...time will tell though.....:)

8. alexa_lucky

alexa_lucky Banned

Best Answers:
    read this http://websiteoptimization.com/

alexa_lucky, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  9. marcho.usa

marcho.usa Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to load faster, try using less images and javascript and more text content, this will make your pages load faster and attract more visitors :)

marcho.usa, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  10. kshnbd

kshnbd Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen your website and found some issues, if you can solve that your page will load lot faster.

1. I have seen a java script error (expected ; on line 975). Check the error and do not use much java script if it is not really necessary.

2. You have used many images in your site. That’s fine. But what you must do is take an image editor and convert your all images to lower resolution image. For example you have used an image named “alexsimulcolumbia.jpg” it took 107KB. You could make the size much lower. You can use Paint.NET http://www.uptothesky.com/sky/software/ a free image editor software for image compression.

3. Other than using a third party tools for showing your page rank you can make it an image, because page rank usually does not change within 3 months and you can change the image when your page rank changes.

4. Other then advising users to use Firefox you should remove that particular feature or convert it to make suitable to all browsers.

kshnbd, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  11. macca81625

macca81625 Peon

Best Answers:
    your page is far too big, ie. too much info on the home page, try an split it up into 3 or 4 pages, also ensure that your images arent too large and in jpeg format, usually a size around 56k per image give or take, mite b the best, avoid using images over 100k.

most quick loading pages are, in general, of file size between 16k and 35k, bigger than that its guna slow you down

macca81625, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  12. JohnnyLocke

JohnnyLocke Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many different site optimizers online that you can search for in google, plug in your code, and it will output the code optimized.

Make sure that you have all of your images as small as can possibly be as well. Compress them.

JohnnyLocke, Oct 10, 2008 IP