1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Give Me Liberty

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Bernard, Oct 6, 2008.

A warning about the direction the country is headed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI

Is she a nutjob? Time will tell, but the building blocks are being put in place:

Patriot Act

Patriot Act II

Military Commissions Act

FISA Amendments Act of 2008

Pending: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

Homeland Security Checkpoints - getting closer to "papers, please".

Bernard, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I watched that video today, and Naomi Wolf is amazing. I don't think she is a nut. Everything she said was a fact. The only thing that wasn't necessarily a fact, is her conclusion that the eroding of our rights is all part of a master plan. I hope she's not right, but either way she is an excellent spokesperson for liberty. I'm going to buy her book.:)

Rebecca, Oct 6, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Does that make sense when you type it?

browntwn, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  4. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    ThoughtPunk, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Browntwn, it would have made more sense for you to write, "Did that make sense when you typed it?" Not sure why you enjoy personal attacks so much, but I really have better things to do with my time.

Rebecca, Oct 6, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That was not a personal attack. I just found it humorous that you would say in one sentence that she got every fact correct and then in the very next sentence start to point out what was not correct.

Thanks for pointing out my typo and providing more humor. Don't you find it a little ironic that you would complain about my post calling it a personal attack and yet do something very similar in yours pointing out my error?

browntwn, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  7. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gauharjk, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  8. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why? because it is anti-religion?

cientificoloco, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  9. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, the movie, Zeitgeist 2, is excellent. I've just watched about an hour of it. It is very important that this info spreads around... Its the truth... Spot on...

And about religion, it is a confusing subject. A new documentary is out there... http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcxGD6-c-E which claims Jesus Christ was the son of Julius Caesar and Cleopatra... LOL...

gauharjk, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  10. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    "An American citizen suspected of being part of a terrorist conspiracy could be held by investigators without anyone being notified. He could simply disappear."

It happened a lot in India when our prime minister was assassinated by an extremist outfit over a decade back. A lot of 'suspects' were tortured, shot at, and a lot of them simply vanished into thin air. Scary. :eek:

contentedge, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  11. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its still happening now, when young men get picked up by police for questioning after some terrorist incident a hundred kilometers away, and then they disappear, never to return. :(

gauharjk, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  12. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had family in Argentina during the Dirty War period:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/argentina.htm

Bernard, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  13. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with Indian police force is that they were formed by the British to serve the colonial masters, not people. Our dimwitted politicians have not brought in any kind of major policy change since independence to reform the system. It was evident in the Nithari case where a pedophile happily sodomized and killed a lot of children and the cases were not even registered by the UP police. There was a heated argument on TV regarding this case and IPS officer Kiren Bedi argued that the laws that the policemen are supposed to follow are outdated and draconian. She insisted that politicians should bring in some major changes. But knowing India, I know it will take another 30-40 years for that to really happen. :rolleyes:

contentedge, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I went to Border's tonight and bought Give Me Liberty. It is actually not what I expected at all, but I'm looking forward to reading it. What I expected was for her to cover habeas corpus, government surveillance, etc. I found out that she covered all that in her other book, The End of America. With Give Me Liberty, it explains how to fight the erosion of freedom, with tactics far beyond just writing your local congressman. I plan to read The End of America after Give Me Liberty. Anyway, thanks Bernard for posting this thread, it has been interesting.:)

Rebecca, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  15. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback on the books. I'd like to check them out myself. I spend too much time on the internet.... :eek:

If you didn't click the link above about the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007, you should. It would put this into proper context:
    Md. Police Put Activists' Names On Terror Lists

Bernard, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  16. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Retart!

LogicFlux, Oct 8, 2008 IP