1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CB Functionality Wish List

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by pldz, Oct 6, 2008.

Hello All,
    CB has made some improvements lately, a big one being weekly checks paid out to affiliates. I would like to get an idea of any other functionality that you would like to see added either from a seller or afiliate point of view.

Thanks!

Mine:
    - secured download pages
    - Product type category search (ebook vs software, etc)
    - PayPal affiliate commission payouts

pldz, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  2. msbehave

msbehave Peon

Best Answers:
    Payment processing that doesn't go down for weeks at a time!! Or failing that, the decency to admit and warn their affiliates when there is a problem that will cause a significant loss in sales.

But yes, if I ever make another Clickbank commission again, Paypal payments would be lovely :)

msbehave, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  3. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Second that.

rob33, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  4. pldz

pldz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Re: PayPal Affiliate Payout

It is actually not that difficult to implement. PayPal has a MassPay API call that would require the seller enabling in their Profile so that CB could make payments out to the affiliate. Simple technically, but obviously there are other considerations when dealing with such large volume of payments.

pldz, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  5. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, I don't think paypal would improve clickbank. It would make it possible with paypal for an affiliate from any country to join and get paid using Paypal. Which would mean that the restriction of some countries which aren't allowed on CB will be voided.
    That would also mean that a lot of scammy affiliates (blackhatters) from countries which tend to produce such affiliates would join CB.. which won't make CB better.

Ripped, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  6. Cenny

Cenny Member

Best Answers:
    Payment over PayPal would be great.

Also wouldn't it be great if publishers could transfer affiliate bonuses over clickbank?
    Both affiliates and publishers are payed by clickbank anyway. There is no hassle in transfering x amount of cash from member A to member B if the both are stored on the same database. Would be easy and very functional.

But first I would like clickbank to set some more standards and improve their product approval guidelines. Clickbank should get rid of all those scam and unquality BS products. Every product should fit the needs of their guideline and for example products with crappy sales page or affiliate resources should be disapproved and maybe scheduled to review after some improvements are made.

Cenny, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  7. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    What would be sweet is if they'd fix their system when it breaks, instead of allowing it to drag on for week after week after week.

Supper, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  8. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the most important thing - everything else is just icing on the cake.

A good idea,apart from payment transfer to affiliates as it was mentioned already is a way where publishers can contact their affiliates (a build in messaging system or just provide their emails).

web_18designer, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  9. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    Yup. Paypal with ClickBank should be an excellent pair. Maybe we should start a petition and appeal so that clickbank will do payout with Paypal?

Mine would be - remove the requirement for affiliates to make sales with 5 different credit card numbers so that I can bring more friends to sell clickbank products. I only got my first Clickbank checks after spending a few years promoting some of the products.

SEOTherapy, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  10. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bad idea, that would be affect affiliate sales negatively.
    People would just joing clickbank to get their discount. The whole purpose of the 5 different credit cards it's to prevent people signing up just to get a discount

Ripped, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  11. pldz

pldz Active Member

Best Answers:

I see your point, but can you imagine some other security functionality that would accomplish the same goal without being as extensive?

pldz, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  12. Madman340

Madman340 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't think of any, what did you have in mind?

Madman340, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  13. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a thing. You have to remember that Clickbank is looking for serious marketers, not people that can't get more than a sale.

Supper, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  14. pldz

pldz Active Member

Best Answers:

Right, as sellers I can see them enforcing higher standards as they want quality products in the system. However, I would think they would want to get as many affiliates as possible without quality being a determining factor. They would just be ineffective or inactive, but shouldn't have any other effect, correct?

pldz, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  15. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll be honest, I am completely happy with receiving direct deposit. Sucks that I have to receive 3 paper checks first. The only thing I'd ask is for an improvement in their system and that they stop with the B.S. that has been going on for a few weeks now. If they do that, I'm happy :)

BusinessMinded08, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  16. pldz

pldz Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about the idea of having payouts for clicks with a click/sale ratio to reduce link farms/spamming? That and ad display stats in the clickbank interface?

pldz, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  17. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Than it just opens the door for people to defraud the system. Why pay full price when you can get 75% off? The whole point of it is to keep people from doing this. I think it's great. If you can't get through the threshold than you really don't deserve the money.

Supper, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  18. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Clicks open the door for abuse. It should be pay per sale, because that's the only real way you can't screw around. Doesn't matter if you send 10 hits or a 10,000 hits, you have to make money to earn money.

Supper, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  19. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To receive an sms when you made a sale.

I can but dream.

rob33, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  20. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    mill123, Oct 6, 2008 IP