1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does PR affect SERPS?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AnonymousUser, Oct 5, 2008.

Ive read around 6 different topics on this forum about this issue and Im unsure, Mostly from other sourses people say PR Doesnt affect SERPS but when im checking some sites on google it seems that because a site has a higher PR if it has the same content of a site with a low PR the high PR site will show above the low one in the SERPS.

Whats your thoughts?

AnonymousUser, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's more about authority than PR. A lot of times a site with good authority also has good PR, but the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. There are many other factors such as onpage seo and link anchor text. Links do count for a big share of the algorithm though.

vansterdam, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  3. chornak

chornak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is just one factor to the algorithm. I wouldn't focus all your time on PR but having a high PR does help. I would put more focus on the quality of your content because that is what google is looking for.

chornak, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  4. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    pr is one of 200 factors that determine serps, its not that important, you have sites with low pr ranking higher than the ones with higher pr

zurpit.com, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  5. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    PR is concern only with Google. For ranking high on Yahoo or Live there is no affect of PR of your site.

PR is one of the factors that given to your site from Google algorithm.

cnvseo, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  6. flatroxs

flatroxs Banned

Best Answers:
    I think PR Not any affect Of SERPS

flatroxs, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  7. Australianfranchises

Australianfranchises Peon

Best Answers:
    PageRank is your page's popularity on the Web, SERPs is an acronym for Search Engine Results Pages.
    PR is not affect to SERP's.

Australianfranchises, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  8. stevewaganer

stevewaganer Peon

Best Answers:
    PR doesn't affect serp. There are others factors that affect rankings are Quality content, anchor text, backlinks from quality sites.

stevewaganer, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  9. seo_cel

seo_cel Banned

Best Answers:
    PR is just an indication on how many backlinks your site has achieved. It doesn't affect your SERP at all. There are many sites that have higher PR but their keywords have not listed in higher position in serp.

seo_cel, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  10. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not effected to SERP's results.

genuineseo, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  11. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are little bit confuse about page rank? anyway I'm telling you the exact meaning of it.

PageRank is the concept upon which Google was created. In a nutshell, it is a weighted representation of the "importance" of a particular webpage, based upon the importance of the pages that link to it.

PageRank is visually represented by a scale from zero to ten, although there are actually infinite gradations between each whole number.

PageRank is a logarithmic scale, with each higher number being approximately eight times the number below it. To illustrate, as of January 2004, there were only thirty-three pages on the entire Web which held a PageRank of ten.

When Google first broke onto the search engine scene, a high PageRank was something of a "magic bullet" to high search engine rankings. While the benefits are no longer so extreme, it is still quite important to have a reasonable PageRank on one's site.

and on the other hand SERPS ranking is the different thing. So I hope now you can understand the exact meaning of page rank

Aryans, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  12. wizlor

wizlor Peon

Best Answers:
    Like most pple who replied here, PR does not affect SERPS. PR is just an indication to show how google value your page.

Backlink affects SERPS and also affect your PR. Site with a lot of backlinks normally has higher PR, and also has higher SERPS. If 2 sites has the same contents, of course the site with higher PR will rank higher because google value the site with higher PR. But SERPS does not affect by PR because PR is only an indicator, its the backlinks that affect the ranking.

wizlor, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  13. gmbidols

gmbidols Guest

Best Answers:
    pr means google give rank your website depend on how your site popular. so pr not affect serps

gmbidols, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  14. seoluck

seoluck Guest

Best Answers:
    No PR don't effect on SERP's...

seoluck, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  15. morph07

morph07 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, PR doesnt affect your SERP result it is just googles way of showing your popularity..:)

morph07, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  16. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so !!

I have a site that was PR penalized PR4 > PR0
    because of sold links
    but the SERPs kept on improving

Chios, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  17. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, true. Page rank is just like a title given to a king who is of no use. Believe me, even though my site has pagerank, there is absolutely horrible serps stat.

I too was in coze world of confusion that PR would get me damn traffic etc.

mirisaamali, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  18. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would Google go to the effort of penalising sites by reducing pagerank - for things like selling links - if the pagerank had no value in SERPs? What other use does PR have? I can understand that PR may be Google's value of a page's worth but what worth would Google be interested in except that affecting position in search results?

I realise there are many factors affecting performance in SERPs. I have sites with good PR compared to competitors and the sites tend to do better in SERPS. They still don't get much traffic but I've assumed that was because there wasn't much traffic in my niche.

brian65, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  19. vickyseo

vickyseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    i think PR not affect your SERP.....

vickyseo, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  20. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is measure for website strength and it is developed by Google thats it. no connection with SERP

Azher Memon, Oct 6, 2008 IP