1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress problem

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by MattEvers, Oct 5, 2008.

MattEvers, Oct 5, 2008 IP
    Boulder likes this.
  2. invinceable

invinceable Peon

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with it? Looks fine to me.

invinceable, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Which browser are you using? It works fine in chrome, but IE and firefox show the feed not starting until half way down the page.

I just checked IE and it doesn't even show the logo and the homepage is messed up as well.

I'm confused.

4. diytechblog

diytechblog Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt,

The news feed looks like it is working fine. The page appears to be set up wrong. either the table width or table construction is wrong the news feed is getting bumped down the page in IE and it appeats like the center of the page is blank.

Good luck, Glenn

diytechblog, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Right. Is this something I have to modify in the template or in the feed?

6. caj

caj Active Member

Best Answers:
    The feed seem to be working fine in firefox (as I'm using one). But there is a little problem with the alignment of the content. I drop to the bottom of the site under FF3. One way to get it right is adjust the width size of the blog content area. Suggest you opt for 980px width.

caj, Oct 5, 2008 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  7. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked it in IE7 and I notice what you are talking about the middle feed column not starting until half way down the page.

I would suggest you show some code here so we can look into it and see what could be the problem.

With FF3 becoming the more popular browser today, then alot of people are putting "IF IE7" statements in their code that help IE7 browsers view the page correctly.

But please show me some code and I will see what I can do to help you out with this.

LindseyInteractive, Oct 5, 2008 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  8. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could probably make your right sidebar a little narrower, like 20px less, or with less padding on left side and it could let your center content div come up.

Boulder

Boulder, Oct 5, 2008 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  9. steve875

steve875 Peon

Best Answers:
    looks like your "content" div needs to be a little less wide. or make the side bars less wide as Boulder said.

steve875, Oct 5, 2008 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  10. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK guys, I have changed the left and right sidebar div to be a little less wide. Thanks for your help. It seems to be working in every browser now.

One last problem: The logo is not showing up in IE. It is really weird.

MattEvers, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  11. steelfrog

steelfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it still looks broken in IE 6.0 (the middle column breaks).

steelfrog, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  12. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Your code looks like this:

<div class="postspace2">
    [B]	[COLOR="DarkRed"]</div>[/COLOR]	[/B]
    				<p><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/extnews.php?custom=y&amp;id=72915&amp;h=30&amp;b=ffffff&amp;fc=000000&amp;fs=2&amp;sb=y&amp;c="></script></p>
    <div style="font-size: 11px;" align="center">The health news headlines shown above are provided courtesy of <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.fastmedicalinfo.com/goto/Medical_News_Today/32/1" target="_blank">Medical News Today</a>.</div>
    Code (markup):
    I think you may need to put the script inside of that 'postspace2' DIV:

<div class="postspace2">
    				<p><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/extnews.php?custom=y&amp;id=72915&amp;h=30&amp;b=ffffff&amp;fc=000000&amp;fs=2&amp;sb=y&amp;c="></script></p>
    <div style="font-size: 11px;" align="center">The health news headlines shown above are provided courtesy of <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.fastmedicalinfo.com/goto/Medical_News_Today/32/1" target="_blank">Medical News Today</a>.</div>

[B]	[COLOR="DarkRed"]</div>[/COLOR]	[/B]

Code (markup):
    Also try removing the <p> tags that are enclosing the script itself. That may be throwing things off a bit.

Dodger, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  13. Ecreation

Ecreation Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is still distorted in IE6 . may be you should decrease width of the right sidebar little more.

Ecreation, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  14. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how to do this. The code I have in the page does not include a paragraph tag around the script. This seems to be an automatic addition of wordpress. Also, do I just change the div tag in the "page" php file?

Thanks for the help.

15. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I would need to see the 'source code' of your Page entry (not the WYSIWYG text). I do not know where that empty DIV is coming from.

Also, you may need to turn off your Visual Editor to get this page to work correctly. It is probably throwing the <p> tag around the javascript code.

To turn off the Visual Editor, go to your Profile page and 'untick' the Use Visual Editor option. Go edit your page and save it. You can re-enable the Visual Editor later (or leave it off, which is what I prefer).

Dodger, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  16. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The code I am entering into the page entry:

<script src="http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/extnews.php?custom=y&amp;id=72915&amp;h=30&amp;b=ffffff&amp;fc=000000&amp;fs=2&amp;sb=y&amp;c=" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <p style="font-size: 11px" align="center">The health news headlines shown above are provided courtesy of <a href="http://www.medicalnewstoday.com" target="_blank">Medical News Today</a>.</p>
    Code (markup):
    I turned off the visual editor. I too prefer it this way and didn't know that was possible. Thanks for the tip.

I still don't understand why the logo isn't showing up in the newest version of IE7.

17. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    For your logo try setting a height and width on the image, but the whole header could do with a bit of a re-work, no need for a table really.

wd_2k6, Oct 7, 2008 IP