1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick tip to increase your adsense ctr.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by netmaster123, Oct 1, 2008.

Hey just wanted to share a quick tip that has help me increase my ctr in most of my sites.

All you need to do is get rid of any external link, yea you can link to your own articles and your homepage but anything else, I have found that visitors will pay more atention to adsense ads when all there is in the page is the article and only 1 adsense unit (usually 336x280 above the fold) so when there are less links on the page to click on people tend to focus more on the only option they have to click (your articles or adsense)

Hope this makes sense, thanks and have a nice day.

netmaster123, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. itblue

itblue Banned

Best Answers:
    That is a nice tip. You are right. If you give the readers everything they need, then they will never click on Ads. :)

itblue, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  3. mrtrance

mrtrance Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you put links to other sites that you have exchanged links? What if you have like 10 other articles on your site and there is long list on one side? Will that deter people from clicking on the ads? I usually have links on side to my other articles and a set of links under those for link exchanges. What other type of external links are you talking about not having on a site? What kind of CTR are you seeing now?

mrtrance, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice tip...it really makes sense since most visitors use external links to navigate away from a site.

SearchBliss, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  5. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest I do not exchange links with other sites, they do not count that much for seo and they do not send traffic to me that much, I rather promote in social sites or forums.

Now having a lot of articles that provide usufull quality information to your visitors its great, your ctr will not be as high and they are still going to clic more on your ads, in my opinion people should only keep adsense and just 1 ad unit per page, you get paid more per visitor that you lose, having 1 ad will also increase your ctr and you will keep your visitors interested in reading your content.

6. squat

squat Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good advice, but I think it's more of a case of giving the readers less options than directing their focus. If your page doesn't give them everything they need then they'll want to leave it either via the back button or through a link. If the ad is the only link your ctr will go up.

squat, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  7. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    But the quality of the traffic you send to advertisers could go down which could end up biting you.

Adpubster, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  8. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    good advice. was hoping it wouldn't be another "blend colors" tip. it does make sense. your organic visitors are looking for a solution to a problem. if they can't get it from your site, then they might get it from your advertisement or any other external links. i don't go on 1x1 link exchange campaigns either. i will eagerly if they're higher PR or authority site than mine though. all things equal, i believe a link exchange cancels out any PR juice. more one way links to your site, the better.

abercrombie, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  9. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a lot better than the average tips on here. ;)

bigbluesky2006, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  10. 802networks

802networks Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it also depends on the content vs. the ads.

I seem to be lucky in that my CTR is always between 5-10% on average.. Something i've never seen before. I think it's because my site talks about one thing and right beside it is an adsense ad offering "25% of tickets" or whatever for the very same attraction my article is about.

If you've got a site with information people are genuinely interested in, Adsense can be great.

802networks, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  11. Your Lover For Ever

Your Lover For Ever Peon

Best Answers:
    I just don't think so, you do not lose any dim by link exchange
    you are just invest in your traffic, which will come back for you, it is a simple formula and it is just my opinion

Your Lover For Ever, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  12. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If you can't help having links nearby without doing a massive redesign, you can use CSS to style your external links differently to remove "focus" from them. Just subtle things like remove their underline, make the font smaller then your Adsense links, make the colors blend to the background more so your Adsense links stand out and so on.

Just subtle things like that will switch your readers attention towards converting links, and away from non-converting ones.

sweetfunny, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  13. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually I try to avoid placing affiliate links as well. For me it's either I concentrate wholly on Adsense or everything on Affiliates. Prefer not to mix together since the clicks will be split between those two.

lycos, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  14. AdSenseLand

AdSenseLand Peon

Best Answers:
    It is good advice to lower the amount of links. I generally try to keep an external link however for SEO purposes. I think the trick is to make external links be somewhat related (again for SEO) but not so related that users don't come back.

Helpful if you do have external links -> make sure they open in a new window.

AdSenseLand, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  15. onlinebusinessmen

onlinebusinessmen Banned

Best Answers:
    Sounds nice huh...

thanks...maybe I will change the way i put adsense on my site.
    thanks to you

onlinebusinessmen, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  16. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    You are exactly right, not only that but adding chitika, kontera, aff links etc only splits your clics and the other networks usually pay lower than adsense, so you are correct just the text and adsense, no affiliate links or any of that kontera crap, why send visitors to other less paying networks when adsense can pay higher and biseversa, if affiliate links pay more do not put adsense.

17. buzzmaker

buzzmaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't this affect the page rank? In most of the tips for increasing the page rank, I have read people advising to add links to other sites with highest page ranks.

buzzmaker, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  18. netmaster123

Best Answers:
    Well I focus on revenue only, Pagerank does not affect your rankings so why worry about it IMO.

netmaster123, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  19. Tuzic.com

Tuzic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

nice advice , less is more thats for sure.

Tuzic.com, Oct 2, 2008 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  20. adiian

adiian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keeping visitors inside your side will help for sure ...

adiian, Oct 2, 2008 IP