1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for signature?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Adulu, Oct 1, 2008.

Is there has tips for signature?

example: tags or comment....max 3 signature links....etc

Adulu, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. seo-neon

seo-neon Peon

Best Answers:
    make it brief and meaningful... I only have 2 links on my signature :D

seo-neon, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  3. vasago

vasago Peon

Best Answers:
    Since Google evaluates the link TEXT (the thingy between the < a > tags), best would be if you use the keywords you want to be ranked on. For example, note my signature - the name of the site is outside the link body, and my keywords are the actual clickable link..

Hope that helps :)

vasago, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  4. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Sig link are for linkbuilding not advertising although it would be nice. Therefore the anchor text should be the primary Keyword Phrases of the linked-to page.

catanich, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  5. chaitanya.seo

chaitanya.seo Banned

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong to have four signature link.
    I agree with above comments "sign. is for link building"
    Advertisement looks very cheap.

chaitanya.seo, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  6. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think your signature links help to get high rankings. From my point of view they are only for traffic so try to make them EYE Catching. Give some gud offers in your signature links. When people see your signature links and find something interesting then definitely they click on your links.

I get around 25 visitors daily with gud avge. time on site and very low bounce rate from DP but i don't think signature links help to get high SERP's...................

schgrv, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  7. cmpunk

cmpunk Peon

Best Answers:
    i am in the filed of seo from last 3 years i've noticed that <a> signature links are very useful to target keyterms for your website... it won't affect so much but it give some much good positions too.

like if your website is on 2nd page with xyz abc keyword and you want it to come on homepage than try once.. also why 90% peoples are doing link building with anchor text in them url's? because of this they are targeting keywords in anchor text.

cmpunk, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  8. UK_Rich

UK_Rich Banned

Best Answers:
    anchor is really important
    you may use your title imo

UK_Rich, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  9. wussadotcom

wussadotcom Banned

Best Answers:
    I think any backlink helps in SERP :)

wussadotcom, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  10. funa

funa Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that many equal links (signature) from the same site do not contribute much. Of course, what vasago wrote is true. But this helps much more if your signature is present on many DIFFERENT sites.

funa, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  11. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Might be you are Right. But this anchor text theory does not has any importance for DP while for other forums it does work. Have u checked any sites backlinks which has signatures links from DP in backlinkwatch.com? If you didn't then try any of urs. You wud see in report, backlinks from DP don't not show your anchor text they show ur profile page like (visit this person profile page). So this anchor text worth for DP but i am agree it does work for other forums.

But as you know this effect is very very low so i always believe in gud amount of traffic from forums than very very low benefit in SERP's. There are lots of ways to get backlinks and traffic.................

schgrv, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  12. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    There is nothing much you can do as far SEO in signature is concerned other then making it bold and putting your keywords in it. By the way, are you even sure signature links even carry enough weight in the eyes of search engines ?

poseidon, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  13. AdJuice SEO

AdJuice SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    AdJuice SEO, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  14. dasanthony

dasanthony Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to keep it mind that, Signature links are for showoff not just for search engine but also for other members.
    So anchor text should be not only keyword oriented but also Small and precise.

dasanthony, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  15. seconnection

seconnection Peon

Best Answers:
    keep it simple!!

seconnection, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  16. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Sig links are the biggest scam racket going on in DP. Too many people saying "buy my sig link I have x thousand posts", and some sucker comes in and wastes a load of money on it.

Someone might have 10,000 posts but ultimately they all come from the same domain. There is absolutely no way someone with 10k posts should be charging 10 times what someone with 1000 posts has.

Then you look at the fact pretty much everyone here is spamming 3-4 links in their sigs. (scroll up, almost everyone has 2, 3 or 4 links) so any small benefit there was is hugely watered down. I dont know what the dp forum home page is, pr7-8 or whatever. But that is then shared out between how many hundreds/thousands of posts per day. The SEO benefit is very weak.

I would only use the dp sig for two things - to either help get something indexed, or to try and drive traffic. If you go the traffic way then write it in an appealing way without keyword spamming.

Vic_mackey, Oct 2, 2008 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.
  17. fazofazo

fazofazo Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont understand :(

fazofazo, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  18. Tuzic.com

Tuzic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

i think signature links serve a variety of functions like 1) link building 2)backlinks 3)traffic 4)better rank in searc engines 5)recognition because thousands of people on here use these forums like DP because they serve a purpose apart from the obvious of providing help but also good for business for all of us.

Tuzic.com, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  19. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Include your keywords in your anchor text. Also, participate in only relevant threads.

weblaunch, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  20. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    site name shouldn't be used for your anchor text unless it's the keyword you want found in the search engines. this is why domain name is important, because other sites tend to link to your site with your domain name instead of keywords you want to use.

abercrombie, Oct 2, 2008 IP