1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$30.00 Logo Icon Required

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Eskarina, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jackieh1791

jackieh1791 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Am I the winner?

jackieh1791, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  2. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Contest holder, are you still around?

jackieh1791, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  3. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    FINALLY received payment after a ridiculous length of time. Files sent.

jackieh1791, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Told you why.

And I wasn't impressed by being sent the incorrect files that I was promised in the first place. Glad I didn't pay up front.

No matter how many times you try convincing me that ALL designers & winners of these contests expect payment prior to sending the files, I'm not agreeing with you.

Glad I didn't pay up front because the files you originally sent were totally useless to me.

And I'm not entirely sure you're correct in saying ALL contest holders prefer illustrator files either, from what I've seen, it is definitely photoshop files that the majority require ! That's beside the point anyway, you said in the thread you'd send me transparent gif and psd file. Neither of which I received initially.

I suggest the contests you enter in future, that you tell the contest holder that you expect payment up front ..... and I shall be sure to make it clear in my future contests, that I will pay immediately upon receipt of the correct files.

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  5. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The files were NOT incorrect. Just because you don't know what to do with a vector file does not mean the file was incorrect. Most contest holders PREFER vector files as they are the professional standard. I expected you as a contest holder to know that.

6. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And you do not need to worry about working with me again. I will never enter another of your contests.

7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ridiculous length of time, a week? lol.

That is pretty standard to be fair. Yes, most people expect payment before sending files and usually do get it but all contest holders on DP have their own procedures. Also, your attitude seems pretty terrible. Don't double-post either, you can get banned for that nowadays.

Also, in future you should ask the contest holder what format they want the artwork delivering in before you send the files!

DaveyBoy, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  8. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah ok, I'm wrong and stupid! Silly me, was expecting to receive a transparent gif and a psd file. Why the hell would I be complaining about not receiving either of them! Eh? DUH !

I do apologise. :rolleyes:

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  9. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not a week. 13 days to be exact, Einstein. And, no, it is NOT standard. My attitude was fine until an irresponsible contest holder came along and asked for files first as if I was the more untrustworthy one of the us. I've been HERE all along while the contest holder was MIA. I found it extremely insulting to be treated as if I was the one who would take something and run.

10. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    None of my former winners ever mentioned wanting payment prior to sending me the files, so I naturally assumed that's the way it worked.

I think my feedback for paying immediately upon receipt speaks for itself in general.

Anyway, in this particular case, it worked well for me because I did not receive the files I was promised, without having to put up with a childish, argumentative tantrum from the winner.

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  11. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is work dear! Not good to get over emotional about it ;)

Shame about your bad attitude really, because I was going to pay extra for the inconvenience of the delay. Ask my other winners, I've paid the majority of them at least $20.00 extra, just because I was impressed with the quality of work, and because they were easy to work with.

End of discussion, as I said in the email - I'm not interested in petty squabbling.

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  12. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Again, terrible attitude. You do realise your posts are visible to potential clients? Well that's your problem I guess!

It shouldn't even be a problem, if this was the real world you could be waiting for up to 60 days for your payment but 2 weeks is still acceptable online - especially since the contest holder didn't get what they wanted anyway.

Just let the issue drop and get on with some more work, far easier! ;)

DaveyBoy, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  13. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dealing with your arrogant and inconsiderate nature is not worth $20. THAT is the end of discussion.

DaveyBoy, this does not even concern you. So maybe YOU should drop the issue and get on with your work.

14. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's my thread and I don't object to him posting here in the least.

He's been in this business a lot longer than you have. It's an incredibly competitive industry to establish yourself in, so, considering his success, I'd consider taking his advice if I was you.

BTW, when has apologizing for a delay been considered "arrogant b& inconsiderate"?

In my book, not accepting an apology with good grace, is what I'd describe as inconsiderate!

And by the way, a thankyou for receipt of payment would have been pleasant, instead of coming straight here to whine about the delay, even though you professed to understand in your email response! As soon as you received your payment ... you come straight here to whine about it! Pfffft !

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  15. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How do you know how long I've been in this business? You don't.

16. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out, based purely on your attitude and quality of work.

------------------------------------------------

Now, would you mind explaining exactly why ....

You neglected to send me those files in the first place?

Thankyou.

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  17. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll tell you why. Because I normally send the vector file and a .gif. HOWEVER, since YOU dragged your feet for 2 weeks, I simply forgot what file types you had wanted. AND I was trying to send them to you quickly so I could get paid before you disappeared AGAIN. It's funny how you have not had the time to pay me but you have managed to find a couple hours to argue.
    My quality of work? You seem to think it's just fine - obviously. You are a piece of work.

18. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Errr, how long would it have taken you to check the thread?

Desperate for the money then? Business not going so good after all?

I paid you immediately AFTER you sent me the correct files. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath for a polite thankyou.

You're whining an awful lot for someone who just got paid for a very average graphic, and that you had already partially entered into another contest several weeks before you entered this one!

Rather partial to teardrops are you? :rolleyes:

Jeezus, all you did was stick a house shape into a graphic you auto generated in your software and still complaining about a small delay!

Yeah, very professional.

Thanks and goodbye.

Eskarina, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  19. jackieh1791

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Lots of us enter similar designs in contests after they did not win in a previous one. If you know how it's made, why didn't you just make it yourself? I know why - because you don't know. You are talking out your ass like you have been this entire time, trying to rationalize your own unprofessional behavior. If my graphic was very average, why did you choose it? Huh?

As for the money, no, I'm not desperate for it. I just didn't want to see you disappear AGAIN without completing your obligation. That happens far too often here on DP.

Now I am done with this conversation. I have much better things to do with my time and I need to go pick up some lunch which I will proudly pay for with the $30 that you just spent on a "very average graphic". So thanks!

20. Eskarina

Eskarina Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You still whining? :rolleyes:

Yes it is very average, I'll be paying someone with a little more flair to add to add the text.

Eskarina, Oct 5, 2008 IP